Survivalist Forum banner

901 - 920 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Oh, I love ze german TDs. Hetzer and StuGs and E25. Last one is fun, but I die a lot. Still fun though :rolleyes:

But been a while since I've been playing WoT. Might have to do some rounds again; I still have it installed.
It's still relatively new for me, so I haven't burnt out on it yet.

• For my German Tank Destroyer crew, I'm now in a Jagdpanther II.
  • My German Heavy Tank crew is in a VK 100.01 (P). I'm working up to the Maus.
  • My Soviet medium crew is in a T-54, but I haven't been playing them lately.

I've also been playing a few premium vehicles: Soviet tank destroyer ISU-122S, British Cromwell B, etc.

I'm still very much a casual player, but it's fun for a couple of hours in the evenings.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Trying out Legends of Aria. Still not played enough to really decide what I think about it. Supposed to be a modern version of UO. Can't imagine anything could be as completely awesome as that was...
I am not familiar with that game... I played the heck out of UO, back in the late 90s-early 00s. Then moved on to Lord of the Rings Online.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
My number one game is still Elder Scrolls Online. But I also just downloaded good, ol' Crysis 1 because it was fun back then and fun now.

My main character on ESO is level 1061 (even though I can only apply 810 of those Champion points). I've invested so much time and money into this game that I can't seem to quit. I was super upset that we got screwed out of any more applicable champion points when the Elsweyr came out recently. Nice of them (ZeniMax) to punish us for spending so much money on their glitchy game.

Anyway ... I still love the graphics, the action, and the story line.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Still playing The Long Dark. Becoming one of my favorites.
I couldn't get past building a fire in the cave after the crash. I have poor night vision and the game is so dark I couldn't make out what I was supposed to do. Quit in frustration. I really wanted to give it a go.

Reactions: endl3ss

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
My number one game is still Elder Scrolls Online. But I also just downloaded good, ol' Crysis 1 because it was fun back then and fun now.

My main character on ESO is level 1061 (even though I can only apply 810 of those Champion points). I've invested so much time and money into this game that I can't seem to quit. I was super upset that we got screwed out of any more applicable champion points when the Elsweyr came out recently. Nice of them (ZeniMax) to punish us for spending so much money on their glitchy game.

Anyway ... I still love the graphics, the action, and the story line.
ESO looks really good, I wish I jumped on that boat when it was released.

So does / did LOTR online.

Last MMO I got into really hard, other than a brief stint with Wildstar, is Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
ESO looks really good, I wish I jumped on that boat when it was released.

So does / did LOTR online.

Last MMO I got into really hard, other than a brief stint with Wildstar, is Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
You can still get into ESO. There are lots of social guilds who go out of their way to help new players achieve lots of success. I'm pretty much a loner (solo player) but I do belong to a couple of guilds who work together to take on dungeons and bosses. I've been playing since day one but have only achieved slightly more than 50% of the possible achievements.

·
Cat and parrot whisperer
1,228 Posts
I'm playing LOTR: Shadow of War on my PS4 right now, waiting for Death Stranding and the new Call Of Duty Modern Warfare to come out. I don't play many shooters like Call of Duty but every once in a while. The trailer for this one looks REAL in a bunch of places and it really triggered the IGN staff when they played it, so it looks like a must-have to me.

I had Shadow of War for a while but Dark Souls 3 came out when I was just starting to play it and that cost me just about a year of playing with folks online in Dark Souls. So...now I'm back to Shadow of War to finish it. I had just finished "Days Gone" before that- that was interesting but not as good as I'd hoped it would be. Spider-Man before that- which is awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have 3,744 hours of game-time for Battlefield 2.
Look me up on Steam to verify. Use the name Cornly though, I had to do Cornly2 because of a glitch when registering here.

Anywho, lately I've been playing some old school stuff, Age of Empires III. There's tons of mods out there that keep the game somewhat fresh.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've been playing a bunch of Grand Theft Auto 5 modified into a police simulator using the LSPDFR mod. It's a somewhat realistic experience and it does help you understand why the police are jumpy on traffic stops the first time someone tasers you and their passenger jumps out and torches your car.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm playing LOTR: Shadow of War on my PS4 right now, waiting for Death Stranding and the new Call Of Duty Modern Warfare to come out. I don't play many shooters like Call of Duty but every once in a while. The trailer for this one looks REAL in a bunch of places and it really triggered the IGN staff when they played it, so it looks like a must-have to me.

I had Shadow of War for a while but Dark Souls 3 came out when I was just starting to play it and that cost me just about a year of playing with folks online in Dark Souls. So...now I'm back to Shadow of War to finish it. I had just finished "Days Gone" before that- that was interesting but not as good as I'd hoped it would be. Spider-Man before that- which is awesome!
I'm absolutely hopeless at first-person shooters. I suck, plain and simple. Too much twiddly-thumbing on a console controller, and too much mouse-movement overshooting with me...back in the days I bought a mouse-thingy for my PS3 with the hope that I was gonna rule a bit more. Turned out I was just as useless with that, having lost mouse/keyboard muscle memory while playing PS3... :rolleyes:

Still, I'm gonna get Death Stranding and the new CoD: MW. They both looks absolutely awesome.

·
Cat and parrot whisperer
1,228 Posts
I'm absolutely hopeless at first-person shooters. I suck, plain and simple. Too much twiddly-thumbing on a console controller, and too much mouse-movement overshooting with me...back in the days I bought a mouse-thingy for my PS3 with the hope that I was gonna rule a bit more. Turned out I was just as useless with that, having lost mouse/keyboard muscle memory while playing PS3... :rolleyes:

Still, I'm gonna get Death Stranding and the new CoD: MW. They both looks absolutely awesome.
Yeah, I used to be pretty darn good at Unreal Tournament on the PC with my mouse. Definitely very different on console! I don't do much at all of the online parts of those shooters, just mostly play the campaigns. The only game I've played a ton of online with is the Dark Souls series. It's something I keep going back to as well.

Here's a funny thing... If I haven't played a first-person shooter in months or longer, when I first start a game like CoD I need Dramamine and/ sea bands for the first few days of playing. Otherwise, I get REALLY sick. Something about the first-person view and refresh rates. Once I do that and have a few hours into the game, I'm fine. Then if I take another 6-month break or so from playing an FPV game....it will happen again the next time I try. I've run into a few other people that have the same issues and they're all 30 or older. Is that weird or what?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Here's a funny thing... If I haven't played a first-person shooter in months or longer, when I first start a game like CoD I need Dramamine and/ sea bands for the first few days of playing. Otherwise, I get REALLY sick. Something about the first-person view and refresh rates. Once I do that and have a few hours into the game, I'm fine. Then if I take another 6-month break or so from playing an FPV game....it will happen again the next time I try. I've run into a few other people that have the same issues and they're all 30 or older. Is that weird or what?
I've actually heard about some others with the same problem. And my girlfriend is not happy with FPS games, although that is more an epileptic thing, not so much motion-sickness (for lack of a better term). She can't play very long at all, so tend to stay away from them altogether.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
The Division 2 and BioShock at the moment.

I didn't care much for Division and hear that two has some major issues. Not sure what they are. Now BioShock was very cool. It was too short though. I could have played that for years.

·
Cat and parrot whisperer
1,228 Posts
I've actually heard about some others with the same problem. And my girlfriend is not happy with FPS games, although that is more an epileptic thing, not so much motion-sickness (for lack of a better term). She can't play very long at all, so tend to stay away from them altogether.
Yeah, it's very odd and I would definitely call it motion sickness. Especially weird how it's like I build up a tolerance and then am fine. It doesn't make much sense to me, but oh well. My doctor just looked at me funny and had no clue. :)

901 - 920 of 959 Posts