Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are you guys doing about this bailout crap?

I stay very up on the news, and I know that we (hourly workers) are getting screwed by the bailouts... tax money from the people with very little money like myself and probably most of you that work an 8 hour day of manual labor, to corrupt people , and corporations who already make billions sitting at a desk.

They say they are too big to fail. But what they really are is too corrupt to fail. they are huge pyramid schemes, with names like stock market, investment banks, or hedge funds. Call it what you want.. its gambling. And if you are willing to gamble your money, or in this case our money, you need to accept it when you lose.

you and I are being taken advantage of, because the gamblers don't want to pay up. They are going to take our money to pay of the losses they accrued using our money. , and we have no recourse.

This is what makes me mad, and I don't like being mad. Its not good for my health. So I'm trying to figure out how to make myself feel better about this.

Voting..nah, that system is rigged. you are only given a choice of voting for one or the other of a two party corrupt system.

demonstrating, or marching.. nah, we have seen no one in power cares how many people protest..they will continue to do whatever they want.

calling your congressman, nah. as we heard it from there very mouths they had overwhelming calls not to pass the bailout, but did it anyway. proving that we have no representation.

so what do you do? How do you channel that anger about getting screwed into something positive?..... What are you guys doing about it.

thanks,
ratskins

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
[demonstrating, or marching.. nah, we have seen no one in power cares how many people protest..they will continue to do whatever they want./QUOTE]

I think if we actually cared and were not a bunch of arm chair rambo
pus%$ies, got out in mass like they do in Europe we would make a differnece.
More recently Thailand.

I have never seen a real protest in my life in this country! I am 28 years old.

When we did come out in force during the 60's things happened.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[demonstrating, or marching.. nah, we have seen no one in power cares how many people protest..they will continue to do whatever they want./QUOTE]

I think if we actually cared and were not a bunch of arm chair rambo
pus%$ies, got out in mass like they do in Europe we would make a differnece.
More recently Thailand.

I have never seen a real protest in my life in this country! I am 28 years old.

When we did come out in force during the 60's things happened.
what about the protests before the iraq war? they were huge, and gobal.. and not a damn thing changed. Our country does not respond to public protest like it used to in the 60's. It has an agenda, and they don't care what yours is.

but back to my question.. how are you guys dealing with getting screwed,and not being able to get some justice?
thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
I gave myself a break from all of it. With all the election coverage and mess going on financially, I finally had to say, enough is enough. I turned off the radio (we don't get tv here) except to listen to cd's and what little news I listen to is the weather. Do this for about a week and you'll be blissfully ignorant and the blood pressure will go down. . .Just don't keep yourself totally in the dark for too long. The way things are going now we might all wake up and find ourselves speaking something other than English.:eek::

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
but back to my question.. how are you guys dealing with getting screwed,and not being able to get some justice?
I do not worry about justice. Justice (pretty much the same as revenge) will come in the next life if not sooner. If I needed that feeling of justice that would provide it for me.

To deal with getting screwed I choose to try to live my life in ways that avoid it as much as possible. For example, the majority of my income is made overseas. I keep my working days and the amount I make under a set amount so that it is non-taxable. This "set amount" is set by our government so we are both happy.

I also tend to follow laws that I believe are just. So just because someone is going to try and screw me with some stupid law does not mean I will ALLOW myself to be screwed. I have no quams about this and it actually makes me feel quite good. I do not allow others to control me as much as they try to. I know who my boss is. ME

I also choose to live a reletively isolated life which make all of this easier. I choose to live in a place were it is easy for me to get local goods, hence supporting my community and not getting screwed by some big corporation.

The only way I really feel like I am getting screwed is environmentaly. For example, here in Maine we can only eat a certain number of fish, in a certain number of days due to the mercury level in our water. That makes me feel like I am getting screwed and does **** me off. But it is my choice to live here so the list of possitive must balance it out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I gave myself a break from all of it. With all the election coverage and mess going on financially, I finally had to say, enough is enough. I turned off the radio (we don't get tv here) except to listen to cd's and what little news I listen to is the weather. Do this for about a week and you'll be blissfully ignorant and the blood pressure will go down. . .Just don't keep yourself totally in the dark for too long. The way things are going now we might all wake up and find ourselves speaking something other than English.:eek::
Thanks Becka,
Yeah I have been considering unplugging from it all and becoming part of the herd. Thats probably what I should do for my blood pressure ;)

The thing that keeps buggin me is that justice thing.
I could use the rape analogy.

If you get raped while your sleeping (as in becoming one of the herd).. is it still rape?

Or the theft analogy.. if you get all your stuff ripped off while your sleeping.. is it still theft?

wouldn't you want justice? the guy that did it punished?

Ah! see there I go again..

I see another thread on here titled "it has started" Sounds like a lot of people are in a similar position as myself. Mad and unsure what to do about it...

anyway thanks Becka

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not worry about justice. Justice (pretty much the same as revenge) will come in the next life if not sooner. If I needed that feeling of justice that would provide it for me.

To deal with getting screwed I choose to try to live my life in ways that avoid it as much as possible. For example, the majority of my income is made overseas. I keep my working days and the amount I make under a set amount so that it is non-taxable. This "set amount" is set by our government so we are both happy.

I also tend to follow laws that I believe are just. So just because someone is going to try and screw me with some stupid law does not mean I will ALLOW myself to be screwed. I have no quams about this and it actually makes me feel quite good. I do not allow others to control me as much as they try to. I know who my boss is. ME

I also choose to live a reletively isolated life which make all of this easier. I choose to live in a place were it is easy for me to get local goods, hence supporting my community and not getting screwed by some big corporation.

The only way I really feel like I am getting screwed is environmentaly. For example, here in Maine we can only eat a certain number of fish, in a certain number of days due to the mercury level in our water. That makes me feel like I am getting screwed and does **** me off. But it is my choice to live here so the list of possitive must balance it out.
Interesting perspective Kodie...

I like the making money overseas that is non taxed. That right there would fix 90% of my issues! no need for justice, because they can't steal my $!
you may have just solved my problem!
If you don't mind sharing, What kinda job is this, and how do I get started?!
thanks,
ratskins

·
Registered
428 Posts
keeping my head down and buying what i want now when my moneys worth something. ill finish school and just see how it plays out. if everything does go to hell then ill take care of my family. cant worry about stuff you cant control. now where did my damn anti-anxiety meds go.....

·
Shield Up Sword Drawn
2,960 Posts
Everyone is just hanging on and hoping for everything to work out. That is not going to happen. The only solution is to get rid of the federal reserve banks. They are not even thinking about that so they cannot fix the problem.

Stop hanging on. Get your money out of your retirement plan before it is gone forever. Buy gold and silver coins not bullion. Coin purchases are not reported. Bullion must be reported to the government. Gold and silver coins will be your foundation after the chaos is over.

Buy what you need now. Buy guns, ammo, food and heath care products for 5 years if you can.

Waiting and hoping is not going to help anything. Our government is not trying to fix the problem. What they are doing is taking all the wealth from our country and giving it to the ultra rich bankers. They know that everyone will freak out when they come for the retirement money so that will be the last thing they will take but they will absolutely take it. That is what the bailout was designed to do and it is doing it well.

Good luck everyone. I will see you on the field.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
If you get raped while your sleeping (as in becoming one of the herd).. is it still rape?

Or the theft analogy.. if you get all your stuff ripped off while your sleeping.. is it still theft?
Hmmmm, Good point and deffinitely one way to think about it. Survival of the fittest. If your numb enough to allow it to happen then..........if only it were 100% that simple!

If you don't mind sharing, What kinda job is this, and how do I get started?!
I can't take all the credit for my situation. Most of it is just being lucky to be born into the family that I was born into. Simplicity and deep love for the woods/nature and a undeniable urge to be self sefficient were the gifts I inherited.
I was also granted a financial "gift" when I was 25 after being in a car accident and breaking my neck so was able to buy 40 acres free and clear. No money left over.

My wife and I teach english over seas, making sure we don't work more than 180 days a year (anything over that I have to report to the IRS). It is not a great money maker but much better than I could ever do back home. There are certain countries where you can make very good money and the cost of living is LOW. While we are here we live VERY frugaly. I am talking VERY and come home with a VERY nice chunk of change. To give an idea of how much, after this time we will have enough to set our whole homestead up with top of the line alternative/off the grid energy system and live for at least 6 months. If I work while at home the money will obviously go a long way. You have to remember though we have no mortgage and no kids. This make a HUGE difference!

My "plan" (how often do those work out:thumb: ) is within about two more years to have fully functioning(maybe not functioning, but having the ability to function) of the grid homestead fully OWNED by me and only me(not the bank!). That will make life a LOT easier. We will see how that goes though.
The shtiy part is being over here right now instead of there adding to my preps. but you can:t have it all!!

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts
Closed out my 401K already, and have withdrawn everything from my money-market account as of the end of the summer.

At this point, I keep a little in banks as possible to get by. Since interest rates are so low, and anything in stocks is likely to tank, I'll keep cash on hand for now. Deflation means ready cash is your best bet right now. When the hyperinflation cycle begins, tangibles are where it's at.

I'm planning to increase my stocks of tangibles: weapons, magazines, silver, non-perishables. I told my brother I'll be investing in precious metals - lead, brass and iron.

Beyond that, I'll wait and see what next year brings.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've been following the Campaign for Liberty and Libertarian party (not much I know, just waiting for something to grab hold too), emailing lots people who are waking up, and getting all my investments out of the dollar and US stocks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts