Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you doing to prepare for a plague?

The first place I started was with non-fiction history books. These include real historical events which were written by people that saw the events first hand. Its through past events that we may learn and better prepare.

Share this video on your blog. Here is the embed code, just copy and paste it into on of your blog post. That code should work in the HTML editor of most blog platforms.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plan is to BTFO and avoid human contact with extreme prejudice for the rest of my life if necessary. (very similar to my plan in case of EMP, economic collapse, and alien attack)
Okkkk,,, and?

You mentioned nothing about sustainable water or food. Lets talk about real plans where you have to be self supportive for 9 months - 1 year. You have to grow your own food, provide your own water,,,,,

Are you going to plant that left over MRE package and grow a little MRE bush? Maybe pick some MRE main entrees off that bush?

·
Registered
227 Posts
:rofl::rofl:

I'm not just going to hike out with my wits and a Ka-Bar. If the vehicles are running, I'll load all of my bug-out gear into the truck before I leave, and that will have everything that I hope will sustain me and my wife, potentially for the rest of our lives. Everything by necessity having to be portable, it will be a hard life, but with the knowledge and basic necessities I hope to have on that day, I reckon I'll have a better chance than the sheep.

I apologize if my answer was not indepth enough, honestly I kind of have a One-Size-Fits-All plan at this point, but it's in the early going for me. I wsn't trying to be flippant.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you mean by "the Plague " , Bubonic plague , then a good can of OFF! could potentially serve you well ! The Bubonic plague is caused by the Yesinia pestis bacteria , commonly found in the stomachs of infected fleas . The Black Death is actually all around us in nature . Squirrels and other rodents seem particularly succeptable . Keep the fleas and vermin away and you go a long way to protecting yourself . Isolation from people ,unless they are flea infested or possibly have Pneumonic plague really isn't necessary . Bubonic and Septicemic plague aren't airborne . All of the plagues can easily be treated with antibiotics ,so really there is not all that much to worry about . Best regards,JA

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you mean by "the Plague " , Bubonic plague , then a good can of OFF!
Plague is a generic term used to describe infectious diseases.

OFF does not stop Pneumonic plague or viral hemorrhagic plague that does not spread through fleas.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Well, with the work that I do, I am in very close contact with my clients. There is no way for me to avoid contact with people for the long haul. My family and I just have to OD on supplements and have a strong immune system. Even that may not be enough. I can use solar for a de-humidifier for drinking water. Houston has plenty of humid weather.

Is it possible to take enough supplements to avoid getting sick?

What is everybody's take on that?

·
Registered
131 Posts
No,you are quite right, that's why I was asking if you meant bubonic plague . You are one of the first outside of the medical community I have met,as it were ,that knew the difference ! And you are correct again,pnuemonic plague can be airborne,very infectious ,although being a bacterial infection of the lungs can be treated with antibiotics in theory . Usually ,the victim is dead before that though. . I was just limiting my reply to the three main forms of Black death plague . And ,of course ,antibiotics are ineffective on viruses . Best regards,JA

·
Registered
150 Posts
the bubonic plague sucks, only treatable by antibiotics, and if they become immune to them (and they have in some cases in recent times) you are in trouble, its a good thing most people rid their pets of fleas these days

anyone know of remedies for it that can help?

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Another book thats good that I have read and am reading again

Level 4 virus hunters of the CDC!

It covers (written by the doctors involved) Ebola, Lassa fever,aids,HIV,small pox....

Very good book and explains the precautions needed!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
the bubonic plague sucks, only treatable by antibiotics, and if they become immune to them (and they have in some cases in recent times) you are in trouble, its a good thing most people rid their pets of fleas these days

Probably colloidal silver- in the right dosages- I don't know- we've never faced that before, but that is exactly what my family will rely on if nothing else is available.

·
Padawan
587 Posts

I've read the bubonic plague is frequently reported in sub-Saharan Africa and it can be treated with antibiotics if discovered early. And yes, the bubonic plague is caused by a bacteria, "Yersinia pestis", it's not a virus.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Well, with the work that I do, I am in very close contact with my clients. There is no way for me to avoid contact with people for the long haul. My family and I just have to OD on supplements and have a strong immune system. Even that may not be enough. I can use solar for a de-humidifier for drinking water. Houston has plenty of humid weather.

Is it possible to take enough supplements to avoid getting sick?

What is everybody's take on that?
There are some suppliments - herbals, vitamins, and minerals - which are supposed to make it HARDER for you to get sick. One that comes to mind is Sambucol (an extract of elderberries) which is supposed to increase your body's natural production of cytokines, keeping your immune system primed to fight off viruses. Which is good. Except that - if a severe infection DOES take place - it increases the risk of a cytokine storm: Your body going into a runaway production of disease fighting cells and substances that can wind up tearing you apart and killing you as dead as any disease could. Anything you take will have effects and side-effects. Be sure you know both, and can make a judgement on risks versus rewards, before taking the next step.

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
Making gallons of

Dr. Christopher’s Anti-Plague Formula

8 parts apple cider vinegar
5 parts glycerine
5 parts honey
2 parts garlic juice, fresh
2 parts comfrey root concentrate
1 part wormwood concentrate
1 part lobelia leaf concentrate
1 part marshmallow root concentrate
1 part oak bark concentrate
1 part black walnut bark concentrate
1 part mullein leaf concentrate
1 part skullcap leaf concentrate
1 part uva ursi, hydrangea or gravel root concentrate

http://cleanse-nourish-heal.org/newsletters/DrChristophersAntiPlagueFormulaRecipe.html

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
No, supplements aren't going to keep you from catching a virus, unfortunately. (but keep takin 'em, they're good for ya)
Not entirely true, for a bacteria or virus to flourish they need the proper environment. Both thrive in acidic (coffee,pop junk food etc.), high fat, high carbohydrate (fast food etc.) low nutrient(one a day vitamin) body .
Keeping hydrated, saturated with good nutrients and a good healthy lifestyle is our number one line of defense for whatever comes. I haven't been sick for years and years even though I always was when i was young. What did I change? My nutrient base. So do as you will.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ring a round of roses ( a necklace),A pocket full of posies (The medieval mind thought it was "bad air" causing the B.D.P. ,and flowers "made good air"),ah-choo,ah-choo (sneezing ,first symptom of B.D.P.) ,we all fall down .It's somewhat morbidly amusing where some of our oldest nursery rhymes started ,eh? For historical purposes only !

·
Padawan
587 Posts
How about cleanliness and being sanitary?

Have you guys ever noticed how many pigs there are in our society?

I'm surprised a plague hasn't hit us soner.
Being "too clean" also it's drawbacks. By being exposed to certain bacteria and viruses your immune system builds a resistance, when you're not as exposed, it doesn't.

So if something "bigger" comes along and your immune system has no resistance built up, the bacteria or virus will have a larger impact on your health.

Obviously it's good to wash your hands, brush your teeth, take showers etc., but there's a limit to how "sanitary" you should be for it to actually be beneficial.

And I also agree that healthy organic food, vitamin/mineral supplements, proper sunlight exposure (vitamin D) and exercise is your first line of defense, and best chance of being and remaining healthy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.