Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the chances that if/when the Euro fails, the Dollar will follow shortly after? I'm thinking with all the EU country bailouts and riots already beginning that the Euro may be the first one to go. I'm wondering if this happens, what are the chances and how long will it be until the Dollar does the same thing?

·
Silent Defender
2,058 Posts
We could see a pretty sizable upswing from investors fleeing the euro en masse and landing in the dollar. It doesn't mean the dollar will be saved, only that its demise will be prolonged.

·
Patiently Waiting
6,086 Posts
Euro, US dollar, it's a given both will fail at some point. Which one comes first I can't bet on. There's too many factors going on atm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The USD and the EUR are like two drunks holding each other up. It's only a matter of time until one passes out and then the other falls down and can't get up.
This is more like what I have been reading lately. I agree the dollar will raise sharply if the Euro goes under but what is it that would make the dollar follow suit?

·
المسيح ه
1,031 Posts
I agree for a while but do you think that will last?
Until the IMF which is funded by the U.S. pours trillions of dollars into the European economy to boost it up. When we print the money to do this it should be that final nail.
This is just one scenerio.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
I think ya´ll got this backwards. The Euro is in baaaad shape and I´m happy Sweden stayed out. But at least there is a chance, slim but still a chance, that the Euro lives on. The PIIGS are a risk but generally, the entire fiscal situation in Europe, is OK. Germany and Scandinavia are in excellent condition financially and France manages.

The dollar on the other hand has two factors keeping it alive and I´m not too sure about the second one.

First, America won WW2. So did the Sovjet Union but they failed economically later on. As a result of the victory, USA could demand some pretty favorable conditions. Those conditions are not going to last much longer. Within a decade US dollars will not be the world reserve currency and oil and other commodities will be trade in something else.

Secondly, USA ows the Asians money. They want it back. The reason for me not being too sure about this reason is that I think that the Chinese might not care so much about the debt itself. They just want to see USA collapse as a result of the debt burden.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Nah it wont last because we truly are in a global economy these days. The only ones not playing fair are the Chinese since they really control the yuan. It will be a false dawn as they say. The US will look like the place to be but the rot that we have in our system is enough to decay us to the point of a slow collapse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts