Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,284 Posts
I persist in calling lunch dinner and dinner supper and forever receive ridicule or indifference for my efforts and fidelity to proper labeling.
Proper labeling is as follows:
  • There are 3 traditional meals a day: morning noon and evening. These are called respectively, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • The largest meal of the day is called supper.

My supper is usually lunch.

A small but hopeless crusade of mine is getting back in shape. Whenever I ratchet up my exercise routine, I sustain an injury. This is the reason I stopped being a competitive athlete.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Keeping my husband out of a nursing home.

Rescuing otherwise unwanted cats (two have ongoing medical conditions, two are not very social, and one is very old - I got her from the shelter because no one wanted an old cat but me).

Basically shouting at bipolars to take their damned pills, avoid alcohol and drugs, get enough sleep.

·
The Power of the Glave
2,268 Posts
I persist in calling lunch dinner and dinner supper and forever receive ridicule or indifference for my efforts and fidelity to proper labeling.
It's the same with me. Grew-up and live in rural Nebraska.

Breakfast---Dinner--and Supper is the proper way.

"Lunch" was a light meal one had about 4 in the afternoon.

·
Indefatigable
20,102 Posts
Convincing people they should be more worried about being bitten by our Chihuahua than the 2 pits.
Trying to get people to carry SS or glass bottles with built in water filters rather than buying plastic bottle every time they need a drink.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,915 Posts
Gray, my husband had an ex who was blind with a Guide Dog. She let it off leash in a state park and it got skunked. Basically ruined his car because they had to take it home.

·
Dodging bat clap
766 Posts
Traffic laws; people parking in red zones, folks doing the "California roll" at stop signs, etc. Rules are there to establish a common convention, 'normal' social behavior while driving a huge hunk of metal.

Most days I have to ignore the infractions of others, to avoid giving myself ulcers.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts