Survivalist Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1729 Posts

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
I had a treadmill stress test several years ago. They ran me felt like straight uphill till I thought I was going to die. Then had me LAY DOWN immediately. Horrible! Heart threw off all sorts of premature atrial contractions and I was telling them it was and they were still surprised. However, was told later that I have the heart of a 30 year old. Don't know if that's good or bad. I interpreted it as good.

I am weed eatering today, it's dried out enough to mow but I wanted to go along the edges of everything first so I could mow what was weed eatered. It's neater that way.

Bluebird couple is back in the bluebird house working on batch #2, so I can't disturb that area for a while yet. I give them a wide swath when mowing and weed eating. Woodpeckers have quieted down, I figure the female is on the nest now. Ligustrums are blooming and are a magnet for bees and butterflies. And the fragrance is wonderful.

Supposed to rain again tomorrow, so I better go out and finish doing what I need to today.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Wooley, "Caregiver support group" Facebook Groups

Maz, my husband called Ligustrum "Bee Food". :LOL:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Too hot to do much. Did make a short round as the bulk trucks haven't gone yet. Picked up a nice kennel. Nothing wrong with it except needed a good dusting. Will be good for the cats as it's big enough for either multiple cats or cat plus small litterbox.

Neighbor wanted the shed despite the termite damage, so it's mostly torn down in the back. He was supposed to come back last night and get it, but haven't seen him yet. If the trucks haven't gone by tonight and I don't see him, I'm putting it in the pile.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,982 Posts
I had to come in early for admin stuff so Im going to the pool for my 800 meters tonight instead.I usually go at 4;30am but that just doesnt happen some days..then a nice evening home w the wife and dogs..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,605 ·
Wooley, "Caregiver support group" Facebook Groups

Maz, my husband called Ligustrum "Bee Food". :LOL:
Thanks PK. Ligustrum, gad, I still have one that I'm whittling on. It's rubbing on the shingles again and need to go.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,606 ·
I had a treadmill stress test several years ago. They ran me felt like straight uphill till I thought I was going to die. Then had me LAY DOWN immediately.
I've been through that one also Mazarine. Gad I almost fell down as the treadmill slowed then stepped of before it finally stopped. Doc grabbed me and helped me to his table. Then did an ultra sound. I though bad things about him and quit him shortly after. Next cardio wasn't much better. And this could be a long rant, I'll quit.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
I always had a problem with Ron at the Doctor's...He had a very long scar started at his right shoulder went across his collarbone, took a turn went down almost to his navel. Then they had to do a second operation later so they opened the old scar and put more chest tubes... he looked a mess with his shirt off.

So doctors always thought he had this big "cardiac" problem. He actually didn't, he had 2 operations as a result of trauma to his thoracic cavity due to accident. But once that was patched up he was good for 18 years... but they would look at him, want to do all these tests, make me tell them 3x what happened... etc. As it turns out they should have been more worried about his head as he developed seizures last year... but the GP, anesthesia guys, etc. all freaked when they saw his chest. He never had a nuclear stress test although it was advised, he wasn't interested and our copay would have been a lot of money.

Now my family heart attacks everywhere, Dad and Grandma had a-fib, mom dead of a massive heart attack due to high blood pressure, I have high cholesterol, etc... if they were going to worry about anyone should have been me.

Reactions: Mazarine33

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Stress test day.
No garden work when I get back as it has rained.
Shop work....putzing......something. I hope. :unsure: :whistle:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,610 ·
Stress test, just remembered after that stress echo thing the cardio told my "you have a good strong heart". Couple weeks later I had a Big H. Didn't go back to him.
More rain later today so got to grass and weeds knocked down this morning then go to Kroger Pharm. for wife's meds. Went for them yesterday but the pharmacist and tech seemed to be screwing around a lot and there were a couple people in front of me waiting on them. Muttered "F... it" and left. This Kroger is doing vaccines from 9 to 10 am so you can't pick up until after 10, PITA. Wish I could break this up at 3 am habit. Had to get up when working and even then it was get to work by 5 and hustle till 11 then coast till time to leave.
Dang you're up early old man. :ROFLMAO:

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
Hope your stress test goes/went ok. They cause stress even before you set foot in the dr's office. I hate stress. It takes such an incredible toll on the body, all that cortisol all the time and no effective way to shut it the hell off. God only knows how much of my (relatively minor compared to some people) health issues are caused by the long term effect of cortisol and other stress hormones and biochemical compounds and their metabolites on my body.

It's raining again, hooray. I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to outside yesterday because a neighbor from down the road flagged me down and we talked neighborhood issues for a while. It was hot in the sun and I ended up giving him a lift back to his house---turned out he had a triple bypass three weeks ago! So anyway I got a lot done outside but not as much as I wanted to due to extensive yakking with the neighbor.

And there's rain today, so went to get a cut/color instead. Almost a platinum blonde now, not sure if I like it or not. I'm thinking it's a bit too close to silver/gray and I'll end up going back and having it toned down with a bit of champagne blonde.

Nothing else going on, ordered several sets of quality cello strings, some sterling silver and 10k jewelry findings so I can tinker around and make some home made semi costume jewelry. Want to start another canvas but I think I'll wait. I'm going to be out of town sometime in the next few days, be gone maybe a few days, maybe a week, depends on several factors. Most of all how long I feel like staying gone. Taking my shih tzu Dolly with me, and the rest of these hyenas can stay here. Maybe Dolly can find another north Texas horny toad like she has in the past. She seems to be able to smell them under the dirt. It's funny because she will smell one out but when presented with it, she freaks out and doesn't want anything to do with it.

Raining, thunder in the distance. I should put on a mystery and mop the floors.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Did a phone appointment with my doc, that went well. Internet was down for a while so I ran errands with my aunt. Got the homeowner's insurance bill that was quite a lump. Put my aunt on my account as a survivor. She is very honest, and has email password, computer password, social security #, etc. now on my account which is fine. I had a gift card for Bath and Body works so we went, I got some nice hand soap, hand cream. Very nice.

Now I'm getting ready to take the trash out. My aunt was really happy to get the 8 gallon trash bags I had gotten for Ron's sanitary disposal. It was a brand new box, she was happy to get them for her shredder. She had a really good weekend with grandkids/kids so very happy. And a really sweet lady.

I told her flat out I did not want to be alone today and she was very nice about giving me her day.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Yup, it's going to get better. And for a believer it is never "dead" it is "see you later". And he suffered so much the last couple years, I wouldn't have him back like that if I could.

Tomorrow will be more job hunting.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Didn't sleep well, had a nightmare about drowning. Going to do some job hunting. My cats have such faith in me, 1. I hope I can have that faith in God and 2. I hope I can earn the level of trust they have for me.

First I am going to do my Bible study so I am in the right frame of mind to job hunt.

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
8,215 Posts
It is unseasonably cool around here. Checked the blackberry bushes. OMG, I'm gonna have a TON of berries again this year. Gonna go to the store and buy every danged package of pectin they have for the next several weeks and get ready to make a bunch of preserves.

Been laying cardboard down on a part of the garden that is "resting" this season. It's really hard work for me because of my back -- do a little, rest a lot. It's not too bad though. The dogs are enjoying being outside so much.

I am desperate to get some sort of schedule in place. I feel like I don't have any direction. Make these grand plans and then poof -- spend the whole day messing around on here ... Lol I went to bed early last night (and am up REALLY early this morning haha!) so soon as my coffee is finished it's off to exercise, find the 2019 taxes so I can prove I'm who I say I am and get my taxes filed, and do a few other things around here today.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,618 · (Edited)
Yep, unseasonably cool here also but warming today. Doing some yard work later and spraying the weeds. Hopefully my gasoline edger will start. I can't use a string trimmer much anymore because they hurt my already messed up back.
Steve, I think the last thing I posted at W must have been too much for them. They seem to truly be a bunch of permanently offended cry babies, you know the thread about WN.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
I've been through that one also Mazarine. Gad I almost fell down as the treadmill slowed then stepped of before it finally stopped. Doc grabbed me and helped me to his table. Then did an ultra sound. I though bad things about him and quit him shortly after. Next cardio wasn't much better. And this could be a long rant, I'll quit.
I've had a couple of stress tests early on, in 2000 due to an abnormal EKG prior to sinus surgery and in 2007 due to family history. Did okay with both, but the doctor said it covers 75% of what might be wrong. Fast forward to 2016, massive heart attack and a bypass.

About 7 weeks after, they had me do a treadmill stress test, I felt fine, went the distance and more. I had a nuclear one done in 2019 at a hospital where my heart doctor has a residency, again, no surprises. Another guy at work had one done the same week, at a clinic. His co-pay was $50, mine was $1500... I appealed it through Cigna, no luck. But I never paid it and they stopped chasing me for it.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Raining again... steady since Sunday but the grass looks good. I did the weed and feed last week. Trying to get a fence company out to replace a run of rotten fence, looks like most are busy now. I have pain management and a chiropractor appointment back to back starting at 2. Then off to a cinco de mayo thing with some friends. My older cat Chloe is 13 today.

1601 - 1620 of 1729 Posts