Survivalist Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1729 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
I have neighbors who are vets. I am sure they are strapped. At least 2 guys just on this block (different houses). So not worried. I have a nice mix of races here too I appreciate that. It's raining so I'm not going anywhere.

I am debating rotting my brain with TV or doing housework. I already did the laundry yesterday. Cleaning the washer today; if I get ambitious I will sweep and mop. I already did the cat boxes.

We need the rain but I find it depressing.

Reactions: Mazarine33

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,982 Posts
Raining out, so I won't BBQ as planned. I did load up 200 rnds 10mm a bit ago and am now watching Force 10 From Navarone. I feel a nap coming on...
Great movie but I never trusted the two dudes with the faces covered

Reactions: sparky5

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dealing with the rain. Had to do some emergency repairs from the roof. Not fun. Rain seems to have let up finally though so hoping to make it to the store tonight.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,585 · (Edited)
More rain overnight but it's moved out now, yard is beginning to look like a jungle. I scored a giant radish (daikon) at Food Town this morning so today is kimchi making day. Won't need the whole thing, it's over a foot long and over 1 1/2 inch in diameter mostly. I'll also try to make Vietnamese Daikon and Carrot pickles. It's a refrigerator pickle. There will still be radish left over.
Thought about calling daughter and asking if she could drive down, get wife and take her to Arkansas for a week maybe two giving me a break. Remembered they are both working now so nobody to watch her during the day. She was going to do this last year but she kissed that barb wire fence the week before she was coming down. Finally all healed up from that.
Arrrgh, WN and W aren't worth looking at IMO. At least the WN OT isn't. Don't know what the complaint about WN is over on W. WN OT I usually skip the political icons unless I've seen something already on more reliable news "sources".

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Maybe something will turn up so you can get a break Red.

Kids are down today. Brought their extra truck to store for a while, the one I want to buy....maybe I can take possession of......:devilish::devilish::devilish::unsure:😬😁. Small yard there in KC and too many vehicles....limited street parking.

More garden work today.
Stress test Tuesday. They gotta kill ya before fixin' ya. :oops::oops::)

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Sunny today, at least for now.

Big plans taking a shower and doing some job hunting. Cats are good.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,588 ·
Stress test Tuesday. They gotta kill ya before fixin' ya. :oops::oops::)
That ain't no lie. Did that twice, handed the quack my nitro pills both times. Got one shoved up my face after both times too.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
98 Posts
Shed comes down today. Even if it takes all day lol. Deadline is 7am tomorrow for bulk.

This past week's rain {7+ inches in a week} exposed my next DIY project - adding drainage between me & the neighbor. Couple years ago she "redid" her front porch garden to relieve her flooding. Except now it all goes into mine. Yesterday the driveway was a good 6 inches deep and most of the yard as well. So gonna ditch it out, add in a french drain all the way down to the sidewalk, and cover the whole mess up to the property line with rock & brick to create a walkway to the new gate I'm installing on that side of the house so I don't have to walk all around my house every time I want to carry something to the backyard. Gotta measure the area & see if it's 200 sqft at some point this week. If so, I'll let the city water company pick up part of the tab under the "patioscape" program.

·
Padre in the woods
1,637 Posts
Today has been the first day I've felt good enough to get out and do something. I picked up plastic shelving on sale for $32.00 a kit. The shelves fit the 21" x 11" and fit multiple trays of grow starter kits. Picked up more trays, and starter pods to start vegetables for this year. I was also tipped off by a friend that Burpee had a 3-item sale on plants, and that a Join Honey app took the cost from $24.32 down to $8.58. Only problem is, you could only order (3) at a time, so I spent about an hour ordering, and ordering. It's been a good day. Greenhouse should arrive within two weeks.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
Got into a huge fight today with someone, I was foolish and let them push a couple of buttons, and I not only let them but I responded to them. I walked away after a while, as a huge migraine started up the back of my head toward the top. I figured I was about to pop an aneurysm like my poor SIL so I said a final eff yoo and walked away.

This is why I have a hard time dealing with people. Relatives, 'friends', etc. Seems there is nothing someone won't say anymore, and no sense of shame in having said it. Used to be there were things, no matter how heated and enraged you became, you simply did not say. Now, hell, everything is fair game. It's disgusting.

So that screwed up my whole day. After I beat back the migraine with a large dose of barbiturates and a large cup of hot black coffee I felt better. Beautiful day and I missed it thanks to that idiot.

Last night it poured down for hours. The yard and property were wet and squishy and I didn't feel like squishing around so I didn't do much. Trying to learn to put copper foil onto a wood cabinet, and that stuff's atoms are barely hanging together. I had it everywhere---on the cabinet, on the floor, in my hair, on my face, on the dogs. It sticks to everything. The final effect is quite beautiful--I like copper all of a sudden. But it's hard to handle. Still fun to learn something new. Always have to learn something new. There is an entire world of things to learn.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice. Hoping to mow if it's dried out enough, and to weed-eat if it's not. Wildflowers are starting to look weedy but I can't cut them yet. Seeds are not mature.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,592 ·
No rain in the forecast today and the ground seems firm enough that the rider won't make any ruts so I get to mow this afternoon. This morning got to see the quack and vampire. Don't mind that but quack wants fasting lab work. Had it scheduled last week but I was so hungry I rescheduled. Got my belly really full last night so I think I'll manage. Better manage it today cause the quack won't refill my meds until he get them. He's begging for something else first and doesn't realize it. He could get that something today too. I know why he wants the lab work but don't appreciate him holding up the refills because of it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,594 ·
Ummmmmm. Off to a fast pace at wooowoooo. Why me...... :unsure: :rolleyes: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :whistle:
They got nobody else to pick on?
Hope I didn't blow the fasting labs. Walked by wife's candy bowl and grabbed a miniature candy bar. Oh well.

Reactions: BadgeBunny

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
They got nobody else to pick on?
Hope I didn't blow the fasting labs. Walked by wife's candy bowl and grabbed a miniature candy bar. Oh well.
Apparently not. :unsure:
No caffeine for me 12 hrs before test. So I need to have my cola drank at 9pm Monday. Lol
The bad part is figuring out how to survive the next morning without my usual coffee intake.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
I hope Ron's doctor doesn't get in trouble, Ron's last visit doc just did refills and said to come back for the blood work (we were late for our ride). Ron died before we could do the blood work. Doc was a nice guy I wouldn't mind seeing him myself when I am up for that. I took Ron to that practice a lot and I will see him everywhere.

Job hunting today. Tomorrow should be fun, though, phone appointment with my doc and then run errands with my aunt. Transportation is huge for me I can always use a ride somewhere. Last night my buddy Larry ran me to Little Cesars and I got a pizza and some bread with sauce. That will hold me for days now. Someone had sent me a gift card to Little C's so that was great.

Plan today is to look at some maps and make a list of places, then apply online at all of them. I have had good results (well, not hired yet) applying to an individual company off that company's "careers" link on the website vs. going to a "job hunting" (ie shark pool) website and trying to find a job there. I have actually gotten call backs from individual companies. And the right job is out there I just need to keep looking.

I will be glad when I can stop thinking about a job and just go do it every day.

Edit: no soda? Oh that would SUCK the Mountain Dew is the only thing gets me out of bed these days, either that or a pot of coffee... eventually when I get some health care I am sure a doc will want to do a stress test due to my family history (both parents had serious heart disease, a fib runs on my Dad's side, etc.).

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,597 ·
Apparently not. :unsure:
No caffeine for me 12 hrs before test. So I need to have my cola drank at 9pm Monday. Lol
The bad part is figuring out how to survive the next morning without my usual coffee intake.
I blew the lab work. Quack said no labs today after I told him I forgot and ate an itty bitty candy bar. He gave me a month supply of all med, said do labs in the next 10 days and no coffee before labs. I can go as a walk in rather than make an appointment. Go early the go eat. BTW he also said a 325 mg uncoated aspirin will work for chest pain if you don't have nitro, just chew it up so it absorb quickly.

Edit: no soda? Oh that would SUCK the Mountain Dew is the only thing gets me out of bed these days, either that or a pot of coffee... eventually when I get some health care I am sure a doc will want to do a stress test due to my family history (both parents had serious heart disease, a fib runs on my Dad's side, etc.).
My BP was a little high, not bad I thought 150/70. Doc blamed it on coffee, I said no, wife's really been whizzing me lately. He has other patients that have HD patients in there home and knows what I mean.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Weed eating and fire control barriers. garden prep. Will pick up a ton of hay tomorrow. If time some work on gas weed eaters and chainsaws. The plan is to work hard and take Wednesday off to scout in the woods for firewood, posts and shoot squirrels

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Job hunting online is so depressing... I found some leads but it's still hard. But a grocery store not far from my house is hiring for front end that looks interesting. I applied there... but the worst was AT&T call center. They had an exhaustive skills inventory and I kept feeling like I was getting the answers wrong. That they wanted me to be a more ambitious shark... I am just a happy little minnow, really. I just want to swim in my pond and make my boss some money...

Wooley there is a good caregiver group on Facebook it is good to be able to vent now and then.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,600 ·
Wooley there is a good caregiver group on Facebook it is good to be able to vent now and then.
I'll need to reactivate my FB account and look. I did and see a whole lot of caregiver groups. Any particular one you are referring to?

1581 - 1600 of 1729 Posts