Survivalist Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1729 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,561 ·
We have cats roaming occasionally, not strays though. I have put out live traps I get from Animal Control folks but haven't caught any yet. AC said they would try to find the owners of any I caught and would fine them if found. I bet they wouldn't try too hard if they weren't tagged. I'm on Nextdoor but prefer not to post cause I'm a crusty intolerant old fart. Most of the neighbors are much younger and think they can do what the want regardless of other folks. As long as the don't mess with me we're OK.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
My cats are chipped, and very fearful of strangers, so they go out in the backyard and that's about it. They MIGHT come around the front of the house and sit with me if I am out in my chair but that's about it. And if they see anyone they run in the backyard, through the cat door into the house. I'm not worried about them.

Aggressive dogs, a pack of them? On my porch? = problem. I am not missing them today I wonder how they did on their temperament tests. I'm betting, not well.

My house is actually great for cat haters as mine all hide whenever anyone walks in through the door. :LOL:

Did my Bible study this morning, that went pretty well. Finally beat off my headache. Went through my emails I am so sick of "Texas job department" they keep sending me scam emails. My name and email got sold to someone who keeps sending me scam stuff, like "Download telegraph app and put in your job code..." legit? Yeah RIGHT. Or my favorite "Go to Google Hangouts and then send our guy an email, then give him your candidate number".

I have had legitimate emails like "Go to this link and do a video interview". Had one of those. "We will be calling you at X time for a phone interview". Did that. "Call me at this number and let's talk I have a position in mind for you". Did that, was legit. Also had a company header. [email protected] so I knew it was real.

Another red flag for me a lot of places have one name in the in box and you open it and it is clearly another name as the email. Legitimate hiring managers don't do that. If it was just a different last name I'd (throw rice) think "Aww she got married" but they all had other red flags in the email.

When I had a disability evaluation some years back (about 30 now) I was rated as "Extremely naive and trusting" which is a bad thing to be in this job hunting world. I keep unsubscribing but they keep coming. I will have to take further control messages in my in box. DON'T USE CAREER BUILDER they are HORRIBLE for this. SO sorry I uploaded my resume.

Plus dealing with depression and missing Ron I don't see how I would do this without my faith.

Reactions: Mazarine33

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,563 ·
I'm glad that I'm retired now. Sometimes I wish I had a part time job cause I do miss the machine shops and of course wood has gotten so expensive I'm not using my woodworking tools now. That leaves cooking which I like to do and food is still affordable. Wonder how much longer that will happen.

Reactions: Iamfarticus

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm glad that I'm retired now. Sometimes I wish I had a part time job cause I do miss the machine shops and of course wood has gotten so expensive I'm not using my woodworking tools now. That leaves cooking which I like to do and food is still affordable. Wonder how much longer that will happen.
Well, once diesel is $8/gallon, milk will be $8/gallon. So not much longer, I bet.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Glad I got some 25# sacks of lentils last year, to add to my rice.

More job hunting, so depressing. It didn't used to be this way, I could fax a resume, get a call the next day, get hired by the end of the week. Not these days.

Reactions: Wooleybooger

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,566 ·
Yeah we're doing good on beans, rice, flour, canned goods. Home canned and commercial. Of course supplies need to be replenished as used.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Just got back from 4 days in the mountains. Spent the time cutting a big oak tree and chipping upper branches. I'm beat and sore. I could not move the large rounds nor would the green oak split. . Put on a fresh 24" chain on the husky and cut a little. I have a good 4-5 hours of cutting to do. My back gives out after 35 minutes so it will take two days. I got home in time to repair a broken water line. I'm watering my seedlings and garden. hot today, they are wilted. I will unload tomorrow then pickup and stack a ton of hay. I retired 10 years ago and have never worked this hard in my entire life.

·
Sure’nuff
753 Posts
I was going to turn back on the water in my RV I just bought to see if I fixed the leak problem. I didn't even get that far. Turns out the guy that had it before me thinks tightening things until they break was a better option than hand tight.

Wife if going out to get a new sink so that I can put it in.

After I get that sucker in, I will be finishing up the storage compartment under our bed. Again, the guy that had it before me decided he would rip out that compartment, and both storage closets beside the bed in order to put a king size bed in... Mind you, it's an awesome mattress. So, I have a steamer and an electric knife. I turned the King into a Queen mattress. I just have to put everything together back there and it'll be good as new.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
Wooly, they live in Harris County, in the old Woodforest part of Northshore. A few blocks away from the old original high school.

Cause of death was abdominal aortic aneurysm, rupture, caused by hypertension. I was briefly at my mother's the other day when my brother came in. He had just gotten the death certificate and my mother made him show it to her (long story). I read it too, and that's about all it said. No notation about anything else other than her personal information.

We did know that the Harris Co. coroner's office had to basically give over her body to what I'm guessing (again, long story, much trauma, confusion on part of brother etc.) was the CDC? I don't know exactly other than a 'federal health agency'. So.......??????? Ever try to get medical information out of someone who is elderly and grew up in a different time/world and doesn't even know what their prescriptions are for, other than that the dr. gave it to them and told them to take it? It's getting like that with brother/mother. Anyway, this other agency had her body after the third day. In the coroner's building? Elsewhere? Why did no one return calls, offer no information, or ???

Other brother who is a physician is basically disengaged from the family, so he's not even consulted anymore except for me to call him and leave a message to call me back as someone else in the family has died.

So yeah, it's rotten as hell. My guess, as I already said, was that she had an aneurysm already and something about the vaccine caused it to rupture. She had naturally low blood pressure as she was slender. Brother and mother both say it's always been low. Symptoms brother gave of what she was experiencing the first time they called an ambulance (I just found out the other day they called twice--brother didn't mention that to me at least) the parmedics said she was just having a reaction to the vaccine and it was no big deal, take tylenol, lay down, etc. No mention that her blood pressure was high when they were evaluating her. That would be critical.

An hour or so later she started throwing up, passed out and eventually died as she bled out internally. That's why CPR didn't work---no workable amount of blood for the heart to pump.

My somewhat educated guess? Massive immune system response that caused severe blood pressure spike, and the aneurysm burst. Remember when this covid crap started that some people were dying of an out of control immune system response to the virus itself? I do. I think it's the same thing, except etiology being the 'vaccine' gene therapy containing the virus mRNA. Massive, out of control immune system response.

Y'all, I'm so sick of death, dying, suffering, lies, deceit, people's lives being literally toyed with by the government and by people who are supposed to care about you, by the media, by retailers, by doctors even. I've been living almost constantly with this spectre of death hanging over me for years now, and I'm really, truly and completely at the end of my rope with it.

I know I whine a lot about things, I know I'm short tempered sometimes, or with some situations, but I'm also very patient and will tolerate a lot of crap. But lately, I'm in a place I don't recognize in life, and I don't like it.

Taken as a whole---the entire world and all it's governments and social and religious issues, our country and all the corruption and filth and theft of everything imaginable, and issues with family and others--- it's like I'm living in a bad science fiction movie. Every single day. It's really become quite bizarre.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
Was sawing away on the cello, trying to self calm, and started getting spasms around both shoulder blades on my back and across my back and up the back of my neck. I literally couldn't sit upright so had to stop. I need new strings anyway. Sigh, out of strings again. Thought I'd be prepped on them, but like Yukon Cornelius, I need more cornmeal and gunpowder and hamhocks and cello strings. Guitar strings. Whatever.

I'm trying to maintain a good sense of humor, or at least a non-hostile one. Today it did rain all day. It really started very early this a.m. Lots of lightening and thunder. I didn't go anywhere, and did nothing except mess around. It was such a blah day. I wanted to finish clearing up the back patio. I can't stand the porches being messy.

I'm sitting here doing nothing but listening to music and the tree frogs peep.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,571 ·
The FireStick didn't help the TV issue because it won't recognize OTA channels. Streaming old TV sitcoms isn't an issue, I can put one on and let it run for a couple hours then go to another, I don't need to be there constantly. Disconnected the thing and naturally it had logged out the TV from all the streaming channels to I had to re-introduce the TV to them. Such a pain in the neck especially since I had forgotten the passwords.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,572 ·
We did know that the Harris Co. coroner's office had to basically give over her body to what I'm guessing (again, long story, much trauma, confusion on part of brother etc.) was the CDC? I don't know exactly other than a 'federal health agency'. So.......??????? Ever try to get medical information out of someone who is elderly and grew up in a different time/world and doesn't even know what their prescriptions are for, other than that the dr. gave it to them and told them to take it? It's getting like that with brother/mother. Anyway, this other agency had her body after the third day. In the coroner's building? Elsewhere? Why did no one return calls, offer no information, or ???
I suspect the CDC is getting involved in all deaths that could possibly be attributed to the vaccines.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,573 ·
Just sitting here browsing shelf stable stuff on Amazon. Wow that was a close one, kinda zoned out with 5 windows open and almost put a bunch of stuff in the cart. Came to my senses though. Whewwww. Now I'm hungry.
Still raining so didn't to a grocery run today. Reckon I'll whittle on the hams today since I didn't do it yesterday. I posted a nice little Chuck Berry diddy on Woo, I wonder who'll laugh and who'll get insulted. Wife thought it was funny as hail. I think I posted it here in the Listening Pleasure thread. Gonna need a brush hog to mow when it dries up enough maybe Monday, it's too tall for the walk behind mower now and the rider is too heavy for this wet ground.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
I'm retired and have a machine shop in my garage. I'm working on a few car parts I want to market. I need to get a CAD program soon and a better PC to run it on. I do a lot of cooking too. The only thing that has gotten expensive is beef.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Today will be a slow one. Nobody home but me and the cats, they are fed and snoozing. Sort of cool out at 43, but I will go out to see what is coming up in the beds. I'll have the hot rod out, need to get gas and go to a local cruise that draws some nice cars. Actually there is an earlier one I may stop at first.

The chiropractor has been beating me up and doesn't want me doing anything too taxing for a while. My girlfriend will be over later, we;ll do the car thing and go to the diner.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
A few weeks ago a church said they might come by today and paint the house; but it's raining so that is out. I am dressed though if they show up.

My aunt is slogging through mortgage company, mortgage insurance, etc. Needed me to send her a photo both sides of my marriage license. I have used that more in the last month than in the previous 18 years I have been legally married (together for 28.5 years). I have all important papers in a good spot so did that.

She is taking some time off her grandboys are having a joint birthday party this weekend so that will be lots of fun for them. She has a very close and loving family she has folded me into. This weekend should be pretty quiet.

I plan to apply at the 7-11 near the house. They have been hiring and it will pay bills until I get something better.

I woke up at 3 but made myself go back to sleep after a while. 6 hours is not enough sleep for me to get up. 7 I would have got up, not 6.

Should be pretty quiet today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Red I understand the amazon cart thing, as it happens here even with the windows boarded up. (boards for no zombie entry, yea, that's it) 😁 My cart pages (buy later) at our buddy Jeff's is rolling over on pages. 3? pages......📌:rolleyes::unsure:
Yep. Gotta quit that. Concentrate on finishing the shelving and the garden now.

Made me a list just now on what's ready to go in. I got at least a full day planting. Soil moisture is perfect for tilling, planting.

Oh. Tracked down (4 different places) a needed mower driveline grease zerk Thursday. Found 1 at Napa. 8mm 45 degree angle.
Yea, oddball size. Only to loose it somewhere after putting it in my pocket. Continued shopping at 2 other places, coming home and switching jeans. No idea where it went.......dammitt.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,578 ·
Red I understand the amazon cart thing, as it happens here even with the windows boarded up. (boards for no zombie entry, yea, that's it) 😁 My cart pages (buy later) at our buddy Jeff's is rolling over on pages. 3? pages......📌:rolleyes::unsure:
Yep. Gotta quit that. Concentrate on finishing the shelving and the garden now.

Made me a list just now on what's ready to go in. I got at least a full day planting. Soil moisture is perfect for tilling, planting.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sounds good on the planting.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,982 Posts
Im on duty today...Antifa is gonna burn the country down starting at noon or some such stupid nonsense..sure dont want to miss out

1561 - 1580 of 1729 Posts