Survivalist Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1313 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
I wish I had someone to nag...:cry:

Filed the forms to close the business. Now to do some job hunt stuff. Taking a 10 minute break though.

Reactions: Stwood and redfin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Procrastinating from work. Started the laundry cycle, put a grocery order in for delivery today, and all that.

Need to tackle the back yard before the cockle-burrs get any bigger of a toehold. I see the white flowers and know in about 2 weeks it'll gonna be nothing but burrs.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
fence work and grafting. Have some persimmons which need grafting. Buds are pushing on the trees and graft wood so time to try again this year. Also last stretch of drip line to repair. Once the drip is done I will look at installing a new system on my grapes and berries. tomorrow is the wife's birthday. Will be baking a cake. She was impressed with her Easter basket. It was a laundry basket full of cleaning supplies. A gift she can use.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
Hunting down references...

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,266
First order of business in get the income taxes finished. Anything after that is just coasting, maybe cruise the yard.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I need to pick up my finished taxes and pay the bill. Possibly do some ammo recon and I need to do my wash. Maybe splurge and get my car washed.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,268
Finished taxes. That was mind numbing, lots more forms than previous years and all added to zero as I thought. Can't make something from nothing but only the IRS would try to. It was just an exercise in reading instructions, filling out forms and calculator punchin' trying to make nothing add up to something. Gov't. Hope I got it right.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
Doing a Walmart run later when my friend is done. He's getting the shot today. I think Ron's death was a motivating factor even though, as far as I know, they didn't find COVID as his cause of death. He wasn't sick, either... but a sudden death like that makes people sit up.

Today is one month to the day so I am trying to stay busy. I am more upset than I'm letting on my hands are shaking bad... that only happens under duress.

Reactions: Mazarine33

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
7,743 Posts
The weather is pretty dreary around here -- that means bad headaches and my back so stiff and achy I'd rather not breathe if I can help it. So ... I am taking it easy. Got some light housework out of the way so I'm gonna work on the curtains I'm making.

Have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon. Initial consult so he won't adjust anything. I'm hoping he can help me get some of the kinks out. 😉

After that, since it will be dinner time, I'm hoping to talk the old man into taking me out to dinner so no one has to cook or clean. 🤷 Seems like a win-win to me. Lol

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
Did he? And how did it go at the Chiro?

Applied for many jobs online last night, now I wait to see who bites. A good friend invited me to dinner with his family tomorrow night so that will be good to get out of the house. Dad hits town Friday. So I will be kept busy.

I marked down I would work nights and weekends so I ought to get a few bites. I have no personal life so that is not a problem. I would have had very big issues trying to manage Ron's care with working for someone else even if we had closed the business before he died. Awful to say but he sort of had to die or be placed in a nursing home for me to get a job.

·
7,743 Posts
Well the chiro is very young ... And very thorough. Didn't do anything yesterday but take a VERY detailed history and some x-rays. Says when I come back Monday he will have a treatment plan worked up for me. I spent a couple hours there so I was hurting pretty bad when I left. Didn't feel like eating so the old man got himself a hot dog on the way home. I went home and took my meds and then had a small bowl of veggie soup.

The one cat we have left is sundowning. I'm on the verge of having him put to sleep because he is getting me up several times a night with his bowling and sleep deprivation just makes me hurt that much worse.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I maybe got a 3rd of what I intended to do yesterday accomplished. But I did get my wash done and did some food shopping.

Today, urgent care for an armpit boil, this place handled one for me a few years back. I have a chiropractor at 3:30, then will make dinner for me and my girlfriend. The whole day will hinge on how well urgent care goes, I'm going at 10.

·
7,743 Posts
I maybe got a 3rd of what I intended to do yesterday accomplished. But I did get my wash done and did some food shopping.

Today, urgent care for an armpit boil, this place handled one for me a few years back. I have a chiropractor at 3:30, then will make dinner for me and my girlfriend. The whole day will hinge on how well urgent care goes, I'm going at 10.
Good luck!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Did he? And how did it go at the Chiro?

Applied for many jobs online last night, now I wait to see who bites. A good friend invited me to dinner with his family tomorrow night so that will be good to get out of the house. Dad hits town Friday. So I will be kept busy.

I marked down I would work nights and weekends so I ought to get a few bites. I have no personal life so that is not a problem. I would have had very big issues trying to manage Ron's care with working for someone else even if we had closed the business before he died. Awful to say but he sort of had to die or be placed in a nursing home for me to get a job.
I just started back with a chiropractor I haven't seen since maybe 15 years ago. He is quite good, last week he did the initial exam which was over an hour. My 1st adjustment was on Monday, he went over my most recent films and reports before the treatment. I left there feeling better than I had in a long time. So I go back today and Friday, a 3x a week thing and the co-pay is $20.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,277
Cleaning up the tax forms this morning, checking them and saving them to my computer then copy to a removable storage of some kind. I have several ways to store. Gad I got to get new glasses, all those numbers I wrote yesterday with a dull pencil are almost illegible today. That's another thing I need to do before renewing my DL since I have to do it in person this year.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Rain hit today. Was waiting on one for the garden after I tilled it the other day with the tractor.
Pretty soggy out there so no outie work today.
Needed feed but no room in the car for it yesterday, so will do that today. I'll stock up on scratch. All feeds have gone up there, dog food included. I've been waiting on the increases.....
Scratch and corn is on sale, higher priced than what I bought it for a few weeks ago. So this tells me when it goes off sale.............look out.

Feed run then do some kinda inside project when we get back.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,279
Rain hit today. Was waiting on one for the garden after I tilled it the other day with the tractor.
Pretty soggy out there so no outie work today.
Needed feed but no room in the car for it yesterday, so will do that today. I'll stock up on scratch. All feeds have gone up there, dog food included. I've been waiting on the increases.....
Scratch and corn is on sale, higher priced than what I bought it for a few weeks ago. So this tells me when it goes off sale.............look out.

Feed run then do some kinda inside project when we get back.
Yup looks like all feed has gone up big time. In Kroger earlier, wanted iceberg lettuce among other things. Forget it $1.59/hd. I'm interested to see what a 25# bag of pintos will cost in a few months. Won't get any though, got 3 buckets.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
Yeah I have plenty of beans and rice.

Taking a break from job applications. I am getting anxious and need to calm down. God has a job for me I just need to be patient.

Pretty good chance of rain this afternoon.

1261 - 1280 of 1313 Posts