Survivalist Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1313 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Kids are here for the weekend and to pick up GD's. They are here for spring break, so back to school Monday.
No idea what to plan to do today. Guess I'll just wing it.....:coffee:🍕🔧📌

·
Registered
360 Posts
Trimming trees, mowing, and may do a little burning. My burn pile is getting pretty big. We have a big Easter egg hunt coming tomorrow for the whole family.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243
Store run this morning, picked up a few things for the stash we're running low on and some things we don't/cant stock. That run usually turns out interesting. This morning po-po was blocking the opposite side of the road, divided road with trees in the esplanade. Nothing seen. Asked store manage who shows up around 4/5 am. Said a 1/2T pickup took a tree completely out of the ground and was on fire, fire trucks not even there yet. No fire or ambulances when we went by. I saw something similar on Allen-Parkway in Houston once. It's a twisty road of similar construction. Lots of expensive sports cars in the area. Lamborghini or Porsche on the esplanade on fire wrapped around a tree. No LEO or fire trucks yet. Rolled up truck windows and kept going, very hot even 25 feet away.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Water leak in the bedroom bath early am. Fixed......for some reason one of the plastic unions on the wh decided to leak. Snugged it up by hand and it quit. Confused........so now have fans running in there.
And while I was up, the backup LP heater in the kitchen was off. I've lit it twice now, so the thermocouple has gave up. Take care of that today. We use it for the cool nights instead of building a wood wire every night.

Not sure what else at the moment. Still in coffee mode.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Busy day today. Laundry on tap as much as the lines & humidity allow. Way behind on account of the kittens. Gonna have to pull the quarantined boy {waiting out the month after snip} out of his room, mop & clean it, and then swap kittens in there I think to contain the mess. Then after that's done mop everything that didn't get done yesterday as I ran out of cleaner & had to find more. Then if there's time move the garden bed frame into place & work on getting that ready. Maybe if I'm not exhausted from all that, work on the coop in progress putting wire on the frame.

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
7,742 Posts
Well, I didn't get as much done as I planned. My ****ing back is NEVER gonna cut me a break it seems. We had trimmed back a bunch of branches last week and I wanted to cut them up. Use the twigs to make fire starters and the rest to kindling. So I started on cutting that stuff up. Looks like I can only work about a hour or so before my thoracic fractures make it so painful I just can't continue. So ... For the rest of the evening I see a shower, some pain meds and a book on hatching chicks in my immediate future. Tomorrow just depends on if I'm still hurting. I have a chiropractor's appointment Tuesday. I can hardly wait ...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,249
Well, I didn't get as much done as I planned. My ****ing back is NEVER gonna cut me a break it seems. We had trimmed back a bunch of branches last week and I wanted to cut them up. Use the twigs to make fire starters and the rest to kindling. So I started on cutting that stuff up. Looks like I can only work about a hour or so before my thoracic fractures make it so painful I just can't continue. So ... For the rest of the evening I see a shower, some pain meds and a book on hatching chicks in my immediate future. Tomorrow just depends on if I'm still hurting. I have a chiropractor's appointment Tuesday. I can hardly wait ...
BB. see your doc or physical therapist about exercises to strengthening back muscles. I have a back problem that won't allow me to stand for long periods of time. The strengthening exercises help tremendously if I would just do them regularly.

Reactions: BadgeBunny

·
7,742 Posts
BB. see your doc or physical therapist about exercises to strengthening back muscles. I have a back problem that won't allow me to stand for long periods of time. The strengthening exercises help tremendously if I would just do them regularly.
I asked again Friday when I was at the surgeon's office. I think they are doing a TON of CYA because the kyphoplasty didn't work like they told me it would. I'm seeing a chiropractor Tuesday and my primary care guy Thursday. I won't the the chiro crack anything but I do think that some soft tissue manipulation would help get rid of this huge lump of fluid where the branch hit me and maybe slow those spasms down a little. I had a trainer several years ago when I was getting ready for my neck surgery. I'd like to go back to him or someone like him. But, alas, the gym he worked out of is gone and I cannot for the life of me remember his last name.

I'll get it figured out. 5-6 months of sitting around is long enough. I can literally feel myself getting weaker and losing stamina. That really doesn't work for me.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,014 Posts
Many years ago I was in a stretch limousine going down that twisty part of Allen Parkway. The limo was so long it was half over in the other lane because it was too long to follow the curves in the road. We were standing with our heads out the sun roof, throwing wrapped candy at people and other cars. I don't remember why. It wasn't a holiday.

BB, can you get the fluid drained? You don't want it to be there so long it starts to calcify around the outside.

·
7,742 Posts
Many years ago I was in a stretch limousine going down that twisty part of Allen Parkway. The limo was so long it was half over in the other lane because it was too long to follow the curves in the road. We were standing with our heads out the sun roof, throwing wrapped candy at people and other cars. I don't remember why. It wasn't a holiday.

BB, can you get the fluid drained? You don't want it to be there so long it starts to calcify around the outside.
You know, I hadn't even thought of that!! Thanks for mentioning it -- I'll add it to my list of questions for my next appointment. I've seen the CT scans and I have a HUGE hematoma between my shoulder blades. It's fairly deep -- laying right on top of my spine, under the skin, fat and muscle layers. It's difficult to palate because it is so painful to the touch BUT when I lay on my back I can actually feel the fluid flow and shift as I roll from one side to the other.

I got the very distinct impression she doesn't like dealing with patients who ask hard questions (and always have someone with them). We got a call from the neuro-s office about 10 minutes after we left. It was the guy working the desk to tell me she had decided that she was gonna pass me off to another PA in the office!😂😂😂 It's really funny because before we went back, while we were sitting in the waiting room an hour past my appointment time, I told the old man I wished there was some way to get back over to "****", the other PA. He is bit older than she is -- I'm guessing 20 years or so -- and a LOT more proactive than she was turning out to be.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,014 Posts
Well, sometimes they are intimidated by proactive patients. I had a little nurse practitioner I'd see for the occasional upper respiratory infection or something simple. She didn't like me after a while because I'd ask questions she would have to go ask the M.D. about to get an answer because she didn't know the answer. Don't see her anymore.

Either intimidated or over their heads. The latter is not a good feeling.

I hope you can get some relief from the pain. It just colors every minute of your day sometimes. Everything you do or want to do is weighed against how bad it's going to hurt. I'm 5 days out from surgery, almost 6, and I hurt worse yesterday and today than I have since last Tuesday when I had surgery.

·
7,742 Posts
Well, sometimes they are intimidated by proactive patients. I had a little nurse practitioner I'd see for the occasional upper respiratory infection or something simple. She didn't like me after a while because I'd ask questions she would have to go ask the M.D. about to get an answer because she didn't know the answer. Don't see her anymore.

Either intimidated or over their heads. The latter is not a good feeling.

I hope you can get some relief from the pain. It just colors every minute of your day sometimes. Everything you do or want to do is weighed against how bad it's going to hurt. I'm 5 days out from surgery, almost 6, and I hurt worse yesterday and today than I have since last Tuesday when I had surgery.
I almost always hurt worse a few days out than I do immediately after. And boy, you are not kidding about the pain. I hope you feel much better soon. (Just because I have trouble with MY faith doesn't mean I can't pray for you. You will be in my prayer tonight before I close my eyes.)

·
7,742 Posts
Sorry I hijacked the thread, guys.

Tomorrow my plan is to get up and set my timer and work on projects that require some kind of strength or stamina (I need to move some compost from under the rabbits' pens to the raised beds) for a half hour and then have a seat and work on something that does not require (I'm making curtains for the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom. I'm getting lazy in my old age and everything is gonna be all the same decor -- French country shabby chic-ish.) any effort other than brain power and the ability to hold a needle. So ... To that end, I probably need to go to bed. Lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,256 (Edited)
Sorry I hijacked the thread, guys.

Tomorrow my plan is to get up and set my timer and work on projects that require some kind of strength or stamina (I need to move some compost from under the rabbits' pens to the raised beds) for a half hour and then have a seat and work on something that does not require (I'm making curtains for the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom. I'm getting lazy in my old age and everything is gonna be all the same decor -- French country shabby chic-ish.) any effort other than brain power and the ability to hold a needle. So ... To that end, I probably need to go to bed. Lol
I don't see no hijack BB, general discussion forum, general plans thread. Ya'll planning out beating up doctors. 😸 <- that's supposed to be a Cheshire cat.

BTW did either of you know that the Allen Park Inn is no longer there? Flooded during one of the storms when Buffalo Bayou went out of it's banks. AP Inn was on sort of a hill too. They didn't have insurance. 2001, I didn't think it was quite that long ago.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
Plan today is to nail down my references (I have one with all contact info but I need the rest), close the account with sales tax (I already made the last payment), consolidate my resume and cover letter and start applying places online. I slept OK for me considering so I should be able to get most/all of it.

My Dad and his wife are coming to visit at the end of the week.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
Not much planned today, again. Do some paperwork I've been procrastinating about and get it mailed. Need a replacement SS card. I'm in no mood to do taxes, again. Watched Blues Brothers 2000 yesterday with wife, she stay awake all afternoon on that and other stuff, she usually dozes and sleeps in her chair all afternoon and then goes to bed. I need to look though our collection of CD's. HULU and TUBI movies, she's sleeps too much since she can't do much by herself. Sorta makes it hard for me to get things done too.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bounce over to the neighbor/rancher and help him put some seals in a hydraulic cylinder on one of his tractors, which has his post hole digger on it, which I could use 2 holes dug 😁
in the yard so I can get the clothesline poles back up (in concrete). Hearing waay to much chatter about those poles still being down. :unsure:

After that.....dunno for sure.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,260
Bounce over to the neighbor/rancher and help him put some seals in a hydraulic cylinder on one of his tractors, which has his post hole digger on it, which I could use 2 holes dug 😁
in the yard so I can get the clothesline poles back up (in concrete). Hearing waay to much chatter about those poles still being down. :unsure:

After that.....dunno for sure.
Nag, nag, nag. :ROFLMAO:

Yup, I get it too.

Reactions: Stwood
1241 - 1260 of 1313 Posts