Survivalist Forum banner

901 - 920 of 952 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Didn't leave to attend court. To much anguish would probably come up again.

So diddling around here. Figuring out what I need for the terloit fittings that leak. Mainly it's a don't-wanna-do-it I think.
Put ice melt down to get the pickup on up the drive. Solid ice from the sun melting the snow. Slicker'n snot around here.
Looking for a new canner. Want to use the Mirror for vac packing jars. So looking for a Presto.....decent price. Had one in Amazon cart for 99.00. Should have pulled the trigger. It's up to 119.00 now. I'll wait......no hurry.
Still lookin for a better price.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
Understand the anguish.
$119 for 22qt. Presto? Good God I paid $60 for mine what 4 years ago. Hmm they look different, no jiggler just a gauge. Jiggler is why I bought one, didn't want to have to watch a gauge.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, prices are up. Some on Ebay are cheaper, but 36.00 for shipping? Nupe.
I'll sit on them

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #904
Didn't get a frig yesterday. Wife said we should wait a bit because my back was hurting so take it easy. So took trash out, washed dishes, swept and mopped the kitchen and family room and did a few other things. You know after all the rest my back didn't hurt at all. Getting frig today, I think I can get it delivered tomorrow. Old one is holding 50 in the frig part and 10 in the freezer. It'll do for another day or so. I'll probably toss everything in the frig part though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Might come in as a spare freezer in the man cave garage. Or gut it and put shelves in there.....

Supply run and wife's bone cracker apt this morning.
Then back over to the hardware store and pick up a shower valve and cpvc fitting for that. May get it installed....may not.
And I'm sure something else will come up around here to work on. Not even going to look at my todo list. 40 degrees here already and feels like spring comparing to what we've had lately.
Hope you all are warming up down there Red.
Oh...snagged that canner last night. Price dropped to 111. and change. Figured I'd better pull the trigger. No to save up and get a a/c/bag vac pump.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #906
Yeah that's an idea, I'd probably get shot though. Cool on the canner. Temps almost spring like here.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
sunny yesterday and today to be the same so. Will drive to town, check Sportsman's for powder then pick up grafting wax and a ton of hay. I checked the stock market, yesterday I was celebrating, today I'm crying in my beer.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Brought in 1/2 cord of split firewood yesterday and plan to bring in some more today. I store firewood in a metal shed which acts like an oven during the summer drying the wood much faster so I try to load the shed up in the early spring to give the wood time to dry in the hot shed.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,313 Posts
I try to do a little laundry every few days if possible.

I wanted to wash my husband's sherpa blanket, it is a little gamy but not "dirty" per se. He refused to give it up.

It is up to almost 80 today and I am wearing shorts. Today I went to the bank and Walmart, tomorrow I take him to the doctor. That should be an adventure.

He was hurting pretty bad so I gave him some Advil and hemp tincture. He seems OK now. He ate quite a few chicken wings earlier so I'm not worried about feeding him.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #911
Got the new frig and it'll be delivered tomorrow hopefully before noon. We shouldn't lose too much I think. Just a thawed chicken I haven't been able to get cooked, mayo and eggs but nothing else probably. Very nice weather today, as Purple Kitty says, shorts weather.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,758 Posts
I had the back door open today and just the screen door latched. It was wonderful! Went out and just sat in the sun for a while. Did that several times. Supposed to be very froggy for the next several days, and often it reaches this far inland. Will see if it does this time.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #913
Today is getting the old frig ready for the new one, tossing stuff etc. Got my Amazon order yesterday with the emergency radio and other stuff. Made a run to the 24 hr. pharmacy for wife's meds already. Washed dishes already also but more to come as the frig get cleaned out. Expecting heavy sea fog today and tomorrow but nothing yet. Agree with Mazazine33 it was a beautiful day yesterday.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Didn't get the hardware run yesterday for shower parts so do that today. Just can't get interested.
Need to do some limb burning again. It's wet enough so no danger of fire spreading. That 15" of snow is history. Now dealing with mud spots. 8:30 and it's 55 already. Nice.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #915
Didn't get the hardware run yesterday for shower parts so do that today. Just can't get interested.
Yup, I got two leaking faucets, all parts and can't get interested. That the job I busted butt on last week.

·
Indefatigable
20,313 Posts
Mending. Hubby needs a new round of jeans. I have 4 pair to fix today, all previously mended, many times, in a variety of other locations. He wears a uniform for work and I know he hates to shop, but it needs to happen soon.
Speaking of uniforms, he gets a new batch twice a year and just got one. The (supposedly) short sleeved ones look stupid, more like 3/4 sleeves and there are no cuffs. So I hem all of those before he wears them. That's after the jeans.
Then, I have 2 rugs to fix. The one in the master bath I made 20 years ago is starting to lose some fringe and in that place the backing has come lose. Also hubby caught the entry runner under the back door and yanked on it to get it out, in the process tearing off a good 2 ft of binding. Those repairs have to be done by hand.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,313 Posts
Took him to the doctor that took a while. Hours of waiting for 1 minute consult (needed blood pressure med refilled).

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
7,168 Posts
I made the mistake of attempting to do some stretching exercises this morning. 🙄🙄🙄 Guess my thoracic and rib fractures aren't ready for that yet. I'm starting to wonder if those damned breaks are ever gonna heal. 😖

So ... I am cleaning for 10-15 minutes and resting 45-an hour. Seems kinda stupid but I'm so much better than I was even a few weeks ago that it's not even funny.

Tomorrow is my yearly physical. I've got some things that showed up on my CT scans when I broke my back that need to be investigated further. Getting old ain't for sissies ... 😉

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #920
Took him to the doctor that took a while. Hours of waiting for 1 minute consult (needed blood pressure med refilled).
So ... I am cleaning for 10-15 minutes and resting 45-an hour. Seems kinda stupid but I'm so much better than I was even a few weeks ago that it's not even funny.
PurpleKitty, I understand such for a doctors visit. Taking wife for Covid shot tomorrow.
BadgeBunny, that sounds like the way I get what cleaning gets done, gets done. 10-15 minutes at a time and rest.

Reactions: BadgeBunny
901 - 920 of 952 Posts