Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
3661 - 3680 of 3724 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
One big saw running. Fuel problem like I thought. When it quit, I dumped the fuel checking for water, and the fuel filter had fell off the fuel line. So I figured the carb had probably plugged up.
Yep, want to know how to clean the fuel tank from debree? Remove the filter and let it suck up into the carburetor screen. 🙃 :whistle:😬😁😂
So after removing the carb and finding the screen plugged, the 630S is back to work. Now to eyeball the other 630 and fix the bar oiler, which I've narrowed it down to most likely another stripped oil pump gear. Had a problem with it last year. And, tough to find the correct gear NOS.
Most all replacement parts are China made and don't always work.

Whether I get this one running or not, I need to cut wood. Every nice day counts.
Oldest boy and GF are coming up from Tx today for turkey day.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,768 Posts
Did 9 hours at Walmart. I am beat but also have some energy.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,667 ·
Loading my truck to go install a propane toilet at our cabin. High of 25 up there today. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow to get the venting put in. 25 is too cold for my fingers to work right.
Been there and had to do it anyway, took a long time to get it done but was warm when finished due to clothing I was wearing.

Reactions: Wyomike and Stwood

·
I have control issues
6,623 Posts
Butchered the turkey, got him plucked and cleaned out, then into the bucket with the brine. He barely fit (17 1/2 pounds), then made an apple crisp (my great-aunt Eunice's recipe) and 3 pumpkin pies. Will smile the turkey in the morning.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,612 Posts
Did 9 hours at Walmart. I am beat but also have some energy.
Funny how that is. I remember being so tired on the way home from work back when I worked away from home. I'd be tired but when I got home I got a little burst of energy. I figured it was because I was so glad to be home. I'd zip around and do laundry, mow the grass, cook something, whatever.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,612 Posts
Back is on fire today, and the back and one side of my neck. Burning pain means nerve pain.

I'm opting to stay home tomorrow. I was going to go into Houston to my moms for dinner but it's supposed to storm starting in the morning and going most of the day. I thought I'd go over on the weekend instead to spend the night and help them put up their Christmas tree. Love decorating trees! Or do some lights around the windows or something. That way I can take my muumuu and fuzzy socks and slob out while I'm helping.

Hope I can get my pain under control tonight/tomorrow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cleaned my grandmother’s house this weekend. Slipped on a rug (no grip mat underneath) and injured my already injured back, but I pressed on.

Door decorating contest at work meant a lot of up and down ladders, standing in chairs, sitting in the floor, getting back up, repeat… further irritating the back.

No going to Thanksgiving at grandmother’s house with some people in the family feeling under the weather (not Covid) and her just getting out of the hospital (Covid + UTI), but still have some coming to my house today.

With people still coming to my house, I still have food to cook and hunger doesn’t stop because the cook has back pain. So lots of ice, muscle relaxers, heat, pain meds, more ice, naps because the muscle relaxers and pain meds make me sleepy, and I’ve been slaving away in the kitchen:

Squash casserole
Sweet potato casserole (finishing up this morning after cooking potatoes yesterday)
Pumpkin praline bread pudding
Strawberry jello layer salad

Got most of it done before bed last night, but still have to finish cleaning the kitchen, assemble the sweet potato casserole, bake everything listed above, plus make roasted Brussels Sprouts and clear off the dining room table so we have somewhere to eat…

I did decide against the homemade rolls I usually make every year and we’re doing King’s Hawaiian rolls and garlic toast French bread.

I’m hoping to squeeze a nap in between cooking, cleaning, and everyone arriving for lunch because I’ve been up since 2am… surfing the SB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,675 ·
Cleaned my grandmother’s house this weekend. Slipped on a rug (no grip mat underneath) and injured my already injured back, but I pressed on.

Door decorating contest at work meant a lot of up and down ladders, standing in chairs, sitting in the floor, getting back up, repeat… further irritating the back.

No going to Thanksgiving at grandmother’s house with some people in the family feeling under the weather (not Covid) and her just getting out of the hospital (Covid + UTI), but still have some coming to my house today.

With people still coming to my house, I still have food to cook and hunger doesn’t stop because the cook has back pain. So lots of ice, muscle relaxers, heat, pain meds, more ice, naps because the muscle relaxers and pain meds make me sleepy, and I’ve been slaving away in the kitchen:

Squash casserole
Sweet potato casserole (finishing up this morning after cooking potatoes yesterday)
Pumpkin praline bread pudding
Strawberry jello layer salad

Got most of it done before bed last night, but still have to finish cleaning the kitchen, assemble the sweet potato casserole, bake everything listed above, plus make roasted Brussels Sprouts and clear off the dining room table so we have somewhere to eat…

I did decide against the homemade rolls I usually make every year and we’re doing King’s Hawaiian rolls and garlic toast French bread.

I’m hoping to squeeze a nap in between cooking, cleaning, and everyone arriving for lunch because I’ve been up since 2am… surfing the SB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing a lot better here after a bout of back pain. Stretching and strengthening helped a lot an finally quit the OTC muscle relaxers. I also decided against homemade rolls and got Kings Hawaiian. Just need to assemble stuffing and bake some sweet potatoes, warm up other stuff.

Woke up at three like I do everymorning, whether I need you or not. Went out into the garage talked to the cat and roasted green coffee beans for the week.

Time to start the turkey and get ready for Thanksgiving dinner.
Glad to know I'm not the only one up at 2:30/3 am. I had my shoparage set up to do woodworking with hand tools that time of day, no machines at that time of day, but it hasn't worked out and wood is freaking expensive now.

So today just finish the dinner as mentioned and stooge around all day likely. Not expecting company.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,768 Posts
I had energy for about an hour and a half after I got home, crashed, went to bed early. Woke up with nasty headache, took a Tylenol (1 tablet) and Advil (1 tablet), went back to bed, got some more sleep. Woke up with a new one or the same one, don't know, got up, took Excedrin, fed the cats.

Very happy to see my old, feeble, cat gobbling up "Mixed Grill" with the rest of them. My family should be by in an hour or two to pick me up for dinner.

RCC, that bread pudding sounds divine!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Sitting here cruisin the net, reading the news, having my usual coffee and listening to the wife fussing with the turkey. Going to have an overloaded/full house today. 😁

Probably hit the shop and continue working on the chainsaw with the oiler problem after dinner.
Pump and gear looks ok, so will probably dump the oil and check the oiler hose screen.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sitting here watching the parade on TV while I have coffee & scones. Browsing a possible area to move to while I do that. Stumbled across a nice little town in Missouri that has promise I think.

After the parade I'll be on tap for putting on the turkey & fixings. Managed to get Gingersnaps delivered so we're on for Mom's Pumpkin Pie Squares. While the turkey's baking I get to reorganize the tupperware cabinet & sort out old ones that need to go. Got two new sets from Walmart which is our tradition

3661 - 3680 of 3724 Posts