Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
3641 - 3660 of 3724 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Blew leaves off the new grass and then got part mulched and bagged. Big ole oak in the side yard drops leaves twice the size if my hand. Fills up the bins in no time. Still not touched tge back yard. Threw sone grass seed around the pool in the bare spots.

Got most of the inside cleaning done yesterday.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,769 Posts
Work again, I have tomorrow and Thursday off, work 3 days, and then 2 days off. So far this is day 6 in a row of working. It wouldn't be a big deal but I am on the bus and it takes forever to get to/from and I can't afford a cab ride home every day. BUT I did budget for one today.

My ceiling fan died. My husband had that installed back in 2004 so probably due. It is just sad he was so proud of it. I will not be replacing it at this time.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,644 ·
Putzin' until I the pharmacy opens then I'll pick up meds, come home and make a pumpkin pie. Picked up frozen dinner rolls earlier as a plan B in case I don't get to make some. Checked out the yams/sweet potatoes at Kroger, no better than I got at Food Town (long skinny) and 3 x's the price, we like the stubby fat ones.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Still cutting firewood for the shop, 22" length. 3-4 more loads then I'll switch to 16" length for the house firewood.
I never got my firewood shed for the house done this last year. Needs rafters, tin, and the side tin. Maybe after all the wood for next years wood burning is done......

Reactions: Ronald_55

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,769 Posts
Done with work, off until Wed. morning (long day Wed). Arranged for rides to/from work Wednesday as I have been having some drama with transportation. Vehicle malfunction, one accident, traffic light out where I normally cross, etc. I don't want to deal with that BS on Wednesday.

But I am home and it isn't even 3 PM. That's the nice thing about working oddball retail hours.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ram upgraded is #1 in my book for good speed upgrade. The second is to move to SSD type drive. Doing those two things I managed to bring back an old Windows 95 machine and have it running Windows 10 without issues. The machine will never be a speed demon, but it works just fine.

I went to Sam's club real early today to pick up NaaN bread - nope - big old empty spot where the bread is located. One package of the bread way - way back on the rack - too far to consider trying to climb the shelf to fetch it.

Oh, I did spend some quality time being chased by a robot today. They had the unman floor cleaner still running at Sam's club. Next time I see it running I will remember to shout "All hale our new robot overloads. "

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Put the forks on my tractor and unloaded my generator. Went to Home Depot and picked up the fridge and cooktop for the cabin. Went and signed the solar installation paperwork. Went to the bank. Dropped off a title for an old Jeep I gave to a friend.

If my wife wants me to do anything else, I’m gonna act like I’m asleep.

·
I have control issues
6,623 Posts
Work today. Bank afterwards to do the usual payday withdrawal. Tomorrow will be stopping to pick up some hickory chips, brining bucket, lemons, apples, and rosemary sprigs for brining and smoking the thanksgiving turkey. Have the rest of the ingredients already, and will put the turkey in the bucket to brine once I get him done in, plucked, and eviscerated.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,650 ·
Went to plan C on the TG rolls, got a pkg of Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls. Finish making the pie today. Dough for the crust had to rest overnight. After the pie it's anybodies guess.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,769 Posts
Day off. I have to finish some laundry but that is it. I find writing very helpful as I process my grief. Cats are good and it is sunny so that is better for my mood.

I expected I might have "some" trouble with my first widow holidays but having a little more difficulty than anticipated. But I have "like" a month to get through and then it's over.

I was laughing just now remembering the New Years when he accidentally set his hair on fire setting off firecrackers. He would hold the fuse next to his ear as he lit it and then toss it when he heard it hiss. One time the wind blew his hair into the lighter flame... :LOL: he wasn't hurt and we both thought it was hysterical but some people online accused me of abusing him.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,612 Posts
Went into town yesterday to get prescription refills and Kroger was a madhouse. But I did get one of the best avocados I've had in a while. Had it for dinner, simply sliced. Nothing else on it, and not made into guacamole. Just sliced, it was delicious.

Trying to get my mind right. I've been having terrible thoughts lately. I don't like myself when I think like this. It's Satan creeping into my thoughts. Trying to drag me down to his level. Well screw you Satan.

I need a bathroom faucet. I hate hate hate plumbing with a purple passion. But I need a faucet, and the sun is shining, and my pain is down to a dull throb right now so I guess I'm off to find a faucet. Fully prepared to pay local Ace hardware prices because no way I'm going all the way to town to save money. Not right now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got to CostCo during lunch, and it was packed, pretty much 100% stocked up on all shelves. And at least today no mad cleaning robot wanted to follow me around like Sam's club.

The only thing both Sam's club & CostCo did not have in stock was was tomatoes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Playing mechanic again and hunting. I lost a caliper on the way up to my in laws to help out with a deer over population. I just got my parts in today so it is hunt in the morning, replace one caliper, disc and pads, and now back out. Hopefully add to the deer count and fix the other side tomorrow.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,769 Posts
Maz, I have had a lot of problems with "Bad Thoughts" not so much this year I think the loss has overwhelmed everything. I hate plumbing trouble, a few years back the drain cover in the bathroom sink got stuck...had to replace the whole works, then the cutoffs had some problem,....ended up costing us $600, our whole Christmas budget... and the [cursed] plumber is whistling the whole time he worked.... yeah I'd whistle too if I got $600 for an hour's work. This is back when we used ARS I found out later they are not efficient or moral...Now I make $600 for 2 weeks work.

Maybe I need to look to date a plumber one day... took my nap with the cats, had a good one but woke up with a headache. Had a diet Dew and a lemon pie (the single serving kind) and that fixed me up. I don't like to use pain killers unless I have to as my body can get hooked on them and get rebound headaches.

I plan to sit outside in the sun for a while now.

Just got the whey scared out of me, got a letter from IRS. Freaking out, opened it. Letter from "Brandon" saying they sent me a stimulus. THANKS I got it already.

·
I have control issues
6,623 Posts
Put money from yesterday's withdrawal onto husband's and my prepaid cards; picked up hickory chunks, bucket for brining the turkey in, lemons, apples, and rosemary sprigs for smoking the thanksgiving turkey. Tomorrow will be killing and processing the turkey.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,769 Posts
Getting ready to go to work: 9 hours with my lunch. I will make approximately $100 after taxes. My ride should be coming any minute. I decided to do a cab both ways because it's about 2 hours on the bus one way and I'm not spending that on the bus after a long day, if I can avoid it.

But I do get tomorrow off so that's good.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,660 ·
Plan was to mow today. Not in the mood to do it, bad case of DGARA. Chopping onions and celery for the dressing to be made tomorrow and not much else today. No turkey just a fully cooked ham, sweet potatoes and dressing with pumpkin pie. Just the two of us. Gkids may drop by I have no idea though.

Reactions: Stwood
3641 - 3660 of 3724 Posts