Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
2801 - 2820 of 2990 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,449 Posts
Uncle came back negative so just a cold.

Woke up with a migraine, felt terrible until my orange cat loved on me a while. Appreciably better after. Dr Spotty on the job. Ate a fried lemon pie with another diet Dew that should do the trick.

The trigger was apparently the beef and cheddar from Arby's I had last night. Now I can work my shift tonight.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have a day off today. Due to the daughter isolating at home, I really don't want to go anywhere. So gonna work on the basement and garage. Not much in the mood to do it, but it is a long lingering issue that is a stacked up mess. It is a real pain point with the wife and generally troubkesome when I need to do or find something. Got 2 lights down there to troubleshoot too. Flourescents in our house seem to be acting odd both in basement and kitchen. All different age fixtures. New bulbs seem to last no time after the previous sets lasting years.
LEDs.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,804 ·
Heavy duty kitchen cleaning today. Then who knows. Ordered more HG canning lids and gaskets yesterday and they are still saying 3 to 4 weeks lead time on them. I notice though that yesterday the charge was pending in the bank account and today it shows paid. Amazon charges sometimes show pending but never paid until shipped so I don't know. No way to check on it since I didn't register on their website.

Reactions: Forrest Mosby

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
10,358 Posts
Work ….power company killed the whole town at 7am-To repair quick repairs made right after Ida…one said 3-4 hrs one said 1 1/2 hrs👀

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Got my HG order a few weeks ago Red, finally, after they got seals. Yes, they charge when the order gets there. As a just in case, I ordered extra seal from Tattler and they came within a week. Odd.

Heading south for workday. A day off from home workdays. Lol.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,807 ·
Got my HG order a few weeks ago Red, finally, after they got seals. Yes, they charge when the order gets there. As a just in case, I ordered extra seal from Tattler and they came within a week. Odd.

Heading south for workday. A day off from home workdays. Lol.
No hurry on the lids. Was just watching some stuff on YT and that HG vid was up in the next stuff, don't know why that showed. I think Google is reading minds. Decided to order more but I have almost 600 lids total.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, I am going to go buy some new bulbs and will probably try some led types.
You can get packs of 4’ strip fixtures pretty reasonable,plug them in and done.I wouldn’t mess with the bulb exchange deal myself.Look on Amazon,installed some in neighbors metal building ,worked great.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,449 Posts
Work was crazy so glad I can leave it behind when I come home. A lot of worries came home with me when I had my own business. Working for Walmart I turn it off when I clock out. Since I am low man on the totem pole I can do that.

I have enough stress. Cats are good. Work tomorrow and 2 days off after. Looking forward to that. Running a load of laundry now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Got the couches out & some of the small stuff. Gouged my finger pretty good in the process unfortunately. Should have been wearing work gloves honestly. Need to pick some up next time I'm by Harbor Freight.

Went for a curb shopping walk this evening & picked up a nice little sewing table for free. Not sure yet if I want to keep or sell. No machine in it & I don't have one at present.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,152 Posts
Is it a sewing cabinet? Or just table? If it's a cabinet, they make all kinds of neat storage and work areas where you can even store what you're working on inside it. I have a cabinet type with casters that I got a junk machine in. Stripped the machine of useable parts and turned the cabinet into a crafts/painting setup. The top folds out in two directions as they do, and it opens and there is room to pull up to it and sit with my legs inside the cabinet a bit as some are designed. Using it, I don't have to put away all my stuff I'm working on to hide the mess. Mine has rollers on the bottoms I replaced with some hard rubber casters so they swivel and dont scar up the wood and laminate floors. I can roll it anywhere to work, and roll it into the alcove when I'm done.

I'm so stoved up it's awful. I flagged for a while the past couple days and I'm sore all over. Sunburnt and half dehydrated. And my knee is ON FIRE. But it's been a great couple of days. Tired in a good way. Saw some old friends, had a lot of fun, ate a bunch of horrible food, drank too much nasty coffee. Wow, it was great. Can't wait till next year.

·
Registered
322 Posts
@Mazarine33 It's I guess just a table? It has a spot for the machine to flip down inside & insert to cover the hole. But I think it may have had a fold out on the back of it - there are hinge parts there but nothing attached. Odd though as I've always seen fold-outs to the side, not the back. And no drawers etc like I'm used to - it just has a little shelf inside with one end open, so there's not really a good way to access it. I'm probably going to repurpose it into just a little table because of the lack of storage.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,152 Posts
They make excellent tables for anything. I see so many of them junked when they are so versatile, it's a pity.

I have another one from the early 60s that looks like a student desk when it's closed. Sort of a mid-century look. I excavated it and found the machine in it was still perfectly good, so I swapped it out for a Kenmore machine. I use it as a sort of entryway table to set things on when you come in the front door. Has a lamp on it. But the tops fold out (to the sides) and I can sew on it when I want.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,449 Posts
After the accident my husband was bed bound for about a year. One night out for my run I found a 3 shelf "wooden" table with a cracked handle on one side. I took it home and he loved it. I could put his drinks, snacks, radio, extra batteries, etc. on the shelves and he could reach them easily. It was much neater. I always thought God sent me that table just when I needed it.

After the accident I donated all his home care stuff so I paid it back. I probably could have sold it but I just wanted it out of the house. And Mexico doesn't have a good social service system and seniors/disabled are completely dependent on the kindness of strangers.

Cats are good. Today I work 4 hours and then 2 days off. Looking forward to the time off. We are supposed to have a lot of rain but we can use it to be honest, as long as we don't flood. I do have decent flood insurance if it comes to that, I have been saving up for a while on that to be honest. $250 a paycheck.

Speaking of pay I get paid Wednesday. I should be getting a raise next pay period I have been told $2 an hour more, but will wait until I see what's in my check in October before I celebrate.

·
Always Loaded
2,621 Posts
My Sundays are carbon copies. Wake up at 6, coffee and Youtube. 8 o'clock, feed and dress chiddlers. Church from 9 till 11:30. Lunch with family at parents home. Come home, wife naps with little ones, older ones get to take turns on Xbox. Dad goes to the range, ETA 2:30. Sweet peace. Pick up pizza on drive home. Mission complete.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,818 ·
Doing some outside cleanup before the storms start. I though I was having a major disaster this morning. I couldn't find my insulated coffee mug that I've had for 20 yrs. Looked every place I remember setting it down even in the car, nothing. Mentioned this to wife when she got up. She went right to it. I've gotten her to wash and put away the dishes now and because of her HD she's subject to putting some stuff most any place. She had put it in another cabinet on the middle shelf. Disaster averted.

Reactions: Stwood

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hear ya on the lids Red. I'm awash in rm and quite a few wm. But in acquiring more wm jars the last couple of years, I don't have enough wm lids for the next 5-6 years. So told the wife to not be surprised if I pick up wm lids when we are out and happen to run across some.

Still working on saving seeds. Still need some of the peppers to ripen up before I pick them for seeds.
Garden duty as usual today.
Need to get the fold up trailer ball freed up in the bed of the truck. Other odds and ends today.
Wife will be bringing the beef back today that we bought from a friend that does a little cattle raising. Get one of the freezers arranged for that.

·
Indefatigable
21,478 Posts
OK is having a cold snap, with temps in the low 90's so for the past couple days we've been clearing space in the garage for outdoor items, cleaning up the garden and taking inventory of items needed for spring. We bought some metal upper wall cabinets on FB Market place to add to the long term pantry and need to get those mounted and out of he way.
We also need to make space for another motorcycle, well the parts to one. I say that because it's being passed around the family because the Gremlins own this POS. You fix one thing, two more break. The original owner passed it off to the first brother 6 months after he bought it. But leave it to the 4 men in turn, to believe they alone, will be the one to bring it back to life.

2801 - 2820 of 2990 Posts