Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm planning to do the cooking I planned to do yesterday. Maybe I'll even get it done. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,235 Posts
I'm working from home and waiting on Amazon to delivery some washers I need for a project and some connectors I need to arrive from Israel... and entertaining my dogs between their naps

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting on an Amazon delivery here also. Third party Amazon seller. I don't have a whole lot of confidence it will get here as specifed.

Reactions: MikeK

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I WAS going to go with dh as he was to get a pic line placed to fight a probable bone infection in his collarbone..he has surgery scheduled tomorrow to remove a stubborn suture, and flush out infection. Woke up to ice and snow, and got word the grandson's school was canceled. So, here I am keeping him while dh took himself to his appointment..turns out, there was some miscommunications somehow, and he did NOT get the pic line..just did bloodwork and filled out medical history. If there's a snow day tomorrow-forecast looks sketchy, will be dropping grandson off to hang with his cousins tomorrow, since I'm the designated post-op driver. If there is not a snow day, I might have to call him in and take him to play with cousins anyway, since surgery will likely be mid day, and I wouldn't make it back to pick him up after the bus drops him off. Not leaving a 7 year old alone..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today I'm planning to do the cooking I planned to do yesterday. Maybe I'll even get it done. :ROFLMAO:
I am going to read this forum for a little while.......... and then I might take a nap.....and then I'm not sure. Perhaps I'll go to the mailbox. Or I may start a novel. Perhaps tie some flies. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Planned to work in the shop but now it looks like I'll have to shovel a path through the snow first.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Plans for the day:
*Go to the school and drop of son's work from last week and pick up his work for this week.
*Bring in a few days worth of firewood.
*Go through pantry and put together a box of stuff for stepdaughter since she can move into her apartment today.
*Stack a few cord of wood.
*Fix loose steps on porch. I was actually going to replace that porch over the summer but building materials went up to where I won't pay that for them.

Anyway just the last two things left to do now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Snow????????????? No..........nope. Not ready for that.

Was.....WAS going to work. Got my coffee down, pigs fed, cat put in, then Son. Hey, it's trying to rain or snow here boy. Yep....yep. Ok, a day off. Try again tomorrow.

So, looks like a roadtrip to town (25m) for a new supply of long johns, and resupply the stock of mayo and ketchup. Maybe more coffee as my calcs are coming up with a 8 month supply. Trying to attain 3 year on most things

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shelves are packed here. Saving room for filled pint mason jars soon but there isn't much of that. Price of lumber and lack of room for more shelves ain't helping.

·
That'll be the day...
3,465 Posts
I knew I would be hemmed into the house and home office today with the new snow on the ground and a forecasted high temp of 9 degrees. So some work at the desk and my day will go about as planned.

·
Possum Lover
15,597 Posts
Went to work, stocked, was going to bank but sales are pitiful, not enough $ to bother. Came home.

Next up I plan to take a nap.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Rainy and 60 here on the Island. Was up early, fed peanuts to the bluejays, fed the cats. Decided to do wash, on #2 load right now. #1 is in the dryer. Expecting a set of 6-48 taps in the mail so I can drill & tap a Remington shotgun for a scope. Updated my shopping list, I still need a few things before the election. My little cat is a howl, I have a bird feeder on a front window that keeps him busy all day chattering at the birds.

·
Indefatigable
19,924 Posts
On Saturday we made the biggest shopping trip we will do until after the first of the year. The hallways of my house (right now) scream hoarder. Most of yesterday was taken up with cutting and packaging meat for the freezer. I need to rotate the long term pantry and rearrange the short term one to work in all the new stuff. Hubby does the repacking of beans, rice, corn, ect...On breaks, like now, I check in online and have started a Christmas list. I plan to have the few things I will buy ordered by Friday. In the evenings I sew. I was working on a quilt, but I have put that aside for now to make fleece jackets and hats for gifts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And I thought I was get bad Jojo with stuff in the TV stand, end tables, un-used fireplace (who needs a fireplace on the Gulf Coast), floors etc.

Reactions: Jojo and MikeK

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Was going to take care of the animals as usual but the big goat buck broke the barn door and got in with the little girls, who now might or might not be pregnant. This is bad. Nobody besides me here ( son took husband to doctor for check up , he fell and has a concussion) so I did the best I could and dragged the little girls away one by one and put them in a different pasture area away from the barn. They did not want to go.
Husband and son finally got back and fixed the broken door ( husband is ok, and didn't actually do any work) and I cleaned the barn. Later after a break and lunch we are going to try and move the animals where they are supposed to be. Buck is going to the auction Saturday. This is just the latest problem with him. We just don't have the facilities to keep a full size 300 lb buck with huge horns contained ( it would take steel doors in a concrete building with electric fence on top...sort of like max security prison maybe). I hate to see him go but we don't need him ( have 3 younger , much smaller ones that will do the job) and this is what everyone else does that has goats.
At the moment I am trying to defrost some chicken and dumplings I made a while ago.

1 - 20 of 293 Posts