Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been poking around for some reasonable 308 ammo.If there is a such thing as reasonable anymore.I have a Browning BAR 308.I usually shoot Hornady Fusion in it.But at 25.00 a box from my local dealer you just can't afford much of that.So,that got me to thinking about surplus or bulk 308 ammo.How do you guys think they would perform in a modern semiauto deer rifle.The Browning BAR is a excellant,accurate rifle that has never malfunctioned in the 7 tears I've owned it.But,I've only shot good Hornady ammo in it.How do you think the bulk or surplus ammo would perform in it?Has anyone shot this type of ammo through their Browning BAR?I'm looking at ammo like the kind in the link below.It is literally half the cost I'm use to paying.Thanks Tradrick
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/308-762-ammo.php

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I looked at the link as far as I know all 3 should be fine. From personal experience I would try and order a small quantity to test first just in case my weapon does not like it.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
well for one you cant hunt in my state with FMJ. also you can get fedreal power shok 150gr SP at walmart for about the same and you can hunt with it.but it may be good for the range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts