Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to work this morning only to be turned around at the time clock and sent home as they are trying to keep payroll down (Understandable but sucks for me). So I figure I'll use my day of freedom to get some things done that I've been forced to put off.

Went to get new tires on the Suburban. As I pull out of the shop, I run over a snow bank (no choice as the plow had just gone past) and it tears the exaust off my truck. The snow is relentless and I find myself sitting in traffic due to 4-5 stuck tractor trailers. After about 30 minutes, it occurred to me that I have 2 bags of rock salt and a snow shovel in the back of my truck. So off I go to be the hero. I got 3 of them going and handed the rest of the bag of salt to the 4th since traffic was now moving.

I make it about one block and the battery light comes on in the truck. I pull over into a gas station and pop the hood only to find my serpentine belt wrapped around the fan clutch. (I've never wanted to shoot a truck before but I was damned close today) The only parts place that delivers is closed because of the snow storm so I try for 3 hours to get the belt back on with nothing but a screw driver. A good samaritan gives me a ride to another parts store. The clerk asks to see the belt as there are 3 different ones and he must compare them to know which one it is. "Oh, you mean the one sitting on the seat of my truck which is miles from here"? I buy all 3 belts and a tensioner and I get the truck going again.

All to return home with 12 inches of snow on my 300 foot long driveway. Oh well, I'll just break out the monster snow blower I have in the garage. That worked for about 10 minutes. I guess the thrower clutch is shot. So, 5 hours of shoveling and a back that's on fire ... and here I am praying my computer doesn't blow up in my face. Hope tomorrow is better.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
but hey....you got new tires on the truck :D

cheer up friend it can hopefully only get better after a day like that

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
hey now that the mufflers off you should get better gas milage.

wow that does suck man hope sh!t turns around for you

·
Shooter
429 Posts
I had to give you a thanks for this story because it was actually entertaining, was simply written, was funny, and I can relate to days like that too.....:rolleyes::thumb:

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
lol, I went out today to start up the tractor and it wouldn't start. Worked great all summer. I feel for ya'. Good for you for helping the truckers.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that sucks. Where is maybrook?
Down near Newburgh. I actually live in Wallkill now (Ulster County) so I should probably change that.

I was just up in Syracuse maybe 2-4 months ago when Def Leppard played at the NYS Fairgrounds. It's about 3 hours Northwest of me.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a snowblower for a 300 foot driveway!:eek: and you own a suburban!:eek::eek:
What's wrong with that? If the snowblower worked right it would have taken about 45 minutes to clear it. I just got the Suburban and I'd worry about putting a plow on it. Not to mention the 4 wheel drive doesn't work ... yet. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts