Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,881 Posts
Ours has been beautiful too, finally dropped into the lower 60's this morning and the high is supposed to be in the mid 80's

We've been in the 70's for lows and 90's for highs.

It's about time it started cooling off down here....:D:

·
The Time Is Now
6,398 Posts
Today is one of the first true autumn type day we have had. Not cold by any stretch. Not hot either. The main thing here is the humidity. It's always peg near saturated. Today it way way way down. It's nice to be able to breath o2 out of the air instead of the gills that evolution has given us southerners with.

If the weather was like this every day the world would be a much better place. You know now in think on it, no it wouldn't. We would still have liberals.

·
Survivor
3,426 Posts
I am re-organising my fabric collection, to get my stuff out of Hubby's half of the workshop, and it snowed. Yes, I took pictures, but have yet to find a picture editor I can figure out for windows 7 64 bit. Why didn't I opt for the 32 bit? blah.
Anyway, it quit snowing already, and I gotta get back to work before it gets too cold to screw around in my unheated half of the workshop.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, we crushed it today. Stripped whole house 2 layers. Put together a new roofing crew. Didn't know any of them, but right away it was like we all knew each other.

Weather is due to be clear, cool, and not humid until completion mid-week. I love this time of year.

·
gagged
3,833 Posts
I wish we would cool off. Tuesday I almost had a heat stroke. We were putting new skirting around one of the rentals and it was 97 in the shade. I am getting too old. My poor husband is worried because we can't finish it in a timely manner but I am only good for about 4 or 5 hours in the heat then I am done, in a cold shower and resting. That is all. At the rate we are going we have about 3 days left to finish, if he had a good helper he could do it in one but I am weak.

·
Get off my lawn
4,960 Posts
It's my favorite time of year. Jacket/sweatshirt in the morning and shirts in the afternoon. Perfect.

Roofing, not so much. I pounded my thumb blue trying to hammer those stupidly short nails. The first time you thump it is bad enough........but the 7th and 8th time really hurts! :D:

Good luck with your project.

·
pog mo thoin
We The Pepe
1,458 Posts
Sat in my ground blind this morning. Still hunted this afternoon. Trying not to schedule any work until say December.:D:

Architecturals or metal?

·
Fixer
1,270 Posts
Snowed here and again tonight dident stick yesterday but some areas close are saying 1 to 3 inches on the ground course it will be gone by 11 at the latest normaly we see an inch on or about nov 15.

This was a great summer though we actualy grew mellons and they riponed on the vineeverything out of the gardens two weeks ago and tilled under last week it been an exceptional summer a little dry for our location but excelent growing season.

·
Bugged out already
4,309 Posts
It's about 29 degrees out, clear, and the Northern Lights are out.

Reactions: Harmless Drudge

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I've got 26 degrees this am and going up. Nice and clear good day ahead. We had snow sleet last evening! First of the year, no collection. So it begins. The big El Nino may make for a snowy winter. I gotta get new skis. $$$ Damn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts