Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some sports rags that seem to be made of the sham wow material. You wet them and lay them over your head or neck for outdoor cooling, seem to work ok. I am looking for efficient ways to use fabric and water to stay cool in 100+ degree weather, some thing either synthetic or organic. I am guessing some thing like burlap would work good but itch like crazy.:D:

·
Semper Fi
222 Posts
My wife made a neck cooling device out of fabric and those gel beads you can put in plant vases. It took her about 20 mins and they work great.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Cotton worked the best for me. I mean you hear how "cotton kills" when wet and cold? Well it works in reverse when it is hot outside. VERY cooling when it is evaporating.

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Overheating is a big problem for me. I had a heat stroke a couple of times in my life (no fun) so I make sure I keep my body tempreture as low as possible. I just use 2 cotton bandanas. One on the neck, the other one on the head under a baseball cap. I wet them up every 30 minutes or so. Nothing fancy-expency but it works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts