Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Sarah Conner
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're opening in my area soon- I think I remember a bunch of prep-type stuff that can be purchased there, but I haven't seen a full list anywhere, so could those of you that have one in your area give me a heads up?

I know Vetrap can be purchased there, I have purchased a few rolls so far for the medical bags, but beyond that I don't remember what else they carry that can be used as preps.

·
Registered
635 Posts
LOL I shop at TSC all the time great deals if you watch the add papers! Anything that has to do with farming or Ag can be bought thru them. BUT like any store, compare prices, sometimes the other guy has a better price on an item.

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,947 Posts
Back a few years ago I referred to TSC as "Toy Store Central".:D:
I had the kid in the candy shop syndrome bad.:D:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Tractor Supply Store is awesome! You can find their catalog on line and have things shipped to the store too. Make sure you check the pricing though, they can be a bit expensive sometimes and some stores catter to the yuppie farmers...saw a simple waterbath canner and tool set in mine for $99.

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
Watch what you buy. Some stuff is way over priced, but a lot of deal are to be had too. Often times stuff isnt priced, and they dont know what they have. I've bought items from them for less then half of what it should have been priced at because they guess.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,829 Posts
They are great!

We were getting stuff from one down in Ct everytime that we drove that way, but two months ago they opened a new store in our nearby city.

They can be expensive, but at least they have stuff.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Farm Supply Stores

We just had a Rural King open where I'm moving to and it looks like it's putting the TSC store out of business. RK is MUCH bigger.

The stores in Indiana:
  • Tractor Supply
  • Rural King
    • has loads of clothing
  • Orscheln Farm & Home
The medical supplies are starting to get scarce because of Government regulations but you can still get some good stuff. Things like Rabies vaccines are gone in many states; we used to vaccinate our own animals when I was growing up but now you have to pay a Vet. It says NOT FOR HUMAN USE but... If it's safe for Pigs & Chickens you can use it.

Antibiotics:
  • Duramycin
    • I use the powder a lot for the critters
  • Tylan
    • great injectable antibiotic
I don't like all the CHINA :taped: tools which is all farm supply stores carry. But it's hard to find good tools anywhere anymore.

I usually go to Rural King or Tractor Supply if I want something before I try anywhere else. Nuts, bolts, trailer stuff, or whatever. I needed a new belt for the riding mower and found a good kevlar belt at TSC.

:upsidedown:

·
Misfit Toy
2,185 Posts
I live in rural Saskatchewan; every store here is a tractor supply store. Except for the sex toys shop. But then I've never worked on a tractor, so I don't rightly know fer sure.

Oh, congrats, btw.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That's where I get my Pen-BP 48 injectable penicillin for the animals. Also Safeguard goat wormer for tapeworms from fleas. I got knockoff Crocs for $3 a pair. I always check the front specials, but can usually find better prices on their normal stock elsewhere.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,633 Posts
I'm jealous! We don't have any sort of farm store here even though there's a large farming community. I'd give anything for a Tractor Supply here. Congrats!

·
workin on it......
1,110 Posts
TSC is where we our cattle panels we put up for fencing. It's also where I go to get bedding for the rabbit and where I got salts blocks last month.
We also got a great deal on a wind generator and a solar generator. They both were knocked down to $299. Regular price on the solar was like $600. We snatched up the last two. LOL
Here the employess aren't real thrilled with working ( if ya get my drift). The cashier will put out a call to load something and you're waiting forever it seems. Believe me, they ain't that busy LOL Kinda like at the Lowes here also. LOL
You will be a happy camper when they get up and running.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Texas Has TSC's

Whole lot of cheap imported stuff in our TCS. Buyer beware.
LOADS OF CHINA :taped: EVERYWHERE!!!

I'm jealous! We don't have any sort of farm store here even though there's a large farming community. I'd give anything for a Tractor Supply here. Congrats!
There're there but I guess not where you live. There you go, start a franchise. But you will need a load of money; you have to have the money for a loan but if you have the money you don't need the loan...? And the Small Business Administration is worthless!
TEXAS
ABILENE, ALICE, ALVIN (where I used to live), AMARILLO, ARANSAS PASS, ATHENS, ATLANTA, BALLINGER, BASTROP, BAY CITY, BAYTOWN, BEAUMONT, BEEVILLE, BENBROOK, BIG SPRING, BOERNE, BONHAM, BOWIE, BRADY, BRENHAM, BROWNWOOD, BULVERDE, BURLESON, CALDWELL, CANTON, CARTHAGE, CASTROVILLE, CEDAR PARK, CENTER, CLEBURNE, COLLEGE STATION, CONROE, CORSICANA, CROCKETT, DECATUR, DEL RIO, DENTON, DRIPPING SPRINGS, EASTLAND, EDINBURG, EL CAMPO, ENNIS, FLORESVILLE, FREDERICKSBURG, GAINESVILLE, GATESVILLE, GEORGETOWN, GONZALES, GRAHAM, GRANBURY, GREENVILLE, HENDERSON, HEREFORD, HILLSBORO, HUNTSVILLE, JACKSONVILLE, JASPER, KATY, KENEDY, KERRVILLE, KILLEEN, KINGSVILLE, LAGRANGE, LAKE JACKSON, LAKE WORTH, LIBERTY, LIVINGSTON, LOCKHART, LONGVIEW, LUBBOCK, LUFKIN, MANSFIELD, MARBLE FALLS, MARSHALL, MC KINNEY, MESQUITE, MEXIA, MIDLAND, MINEOLA, MINERAL WELLS, MISSION, MOUNT PLEASANT, NACOGDOCHES, NAVASOTA, NEW BRAUNFELS, ODESSA, ORANGE, PALESTINE, PARIS, PEARSALL, PLAINVIEW, PLEASANTON, PORT LAVACA, PORTER, RICHMOND, RIO GRANDE CITY, ROBSTOWN, SAN ANGELO, SAN BENITO, SAN MARCOS, SEGUIN, SHERMAN, STEPHENVILLE, SULPHUR SPRINGS, SWEETWATER, TAYLOR, TEMPLE, TERRELL, TEXARKANA, TOMBALL, TYLER, UVALDE, VERNON, VICTORIA, WACO, WAXAHACHIE, WEATHERFORD, WESLACO, WICHITA FALLS WES, WYLIE
:upsidedown:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I went to TSC more in the past than now. They want to draw the everyday shopper and now you have trouble talking to someone to help with farm needs. Good store, not so good help in our area.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I spend around $10K per year at TSC.:eek::

Let me clarify that I own cattle and operate an ag service business, and I buy a lot of my business supplies from TSC.

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
I spend around $10K per year at TSC.:eek::

Let me clarify that I own cattle and operate an ag service business, and I buy a lot of my business supplies from TSC.
OK......at $10k a year I thought you were building "The Ultimate Bunker":thumb:

They recently opened a "Big R" store here as well....give a little competition to TSC and keep em honest on pricing. :D:

·
I have control issues
5,979 Posts
I get rabbit pellets at our TSC (50 lb bag), as well as the vaccinations for the dogs and cats (I give them myself). They also have scalpel blades and holders, suture materials, etc. Got 2 of the rabbit hutches there when they had them on sale (1/2 price) and the water bottles, feeders, etc. Also got the galvanized bucket with lid that I use to keep the rabbit pellets in. The hay there is REALLY overpriced, though, especially for the small size of the bale. I get a MUCH better deal (as well as a much larger bale) from a local farmer. I ALSO get my jeans there, as it is one of the few places that I can find exactly what I want (relaxed fit, boot cut) AND the price is reasonable!

My husband kind of rolls his eyes every time I head for either TSC or Harbor Freight...they AREN'T just for men!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Prepare to be frequently disapointed.
I agree completely. I personally call it dog food supply company since they never seem to have anything in stock that is actually tractor or farming related, but you can buy any kind of pet food or toy that you could dream of. I find the co-op's to be much better.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts