Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<rant>
We're all responsible for this mess.
We've sat idly by while our leaders have come to rule via a bastardized version of our Constitution.
We've been perfectly complacent as elections became auctions with the largest campaign donors claiming ownership of the candidate. The biggest prostitute always wins the election.
And each four years we go like little robots to cast our vote for the lesser of two evils before going home proud with the illusion of democracy dancing in our heads.
If we engage the system at all it is only to fight with ourselves as if the other party is the cause of it all. We are herded like sheep by the slick advertising firms who blast us with 30 second commercials playing on our fears.
I'm personally sickened by what we have allowed and what we have become.
</rant>

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
im guilty of not knowing a friggin thing to do about it until AFTER its all gone

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
im guilty of not knowing a friggin thing to do about it until AFTER its all gone
you know what to do just as I know what to do just as the founding fathers of our country knew what to do.....

·
Survivalist!
69 Posts
No we are not. It may seem that way, but we are not all responsible. By simply being aware of the situation, you are 100x better than someone who is not. I know that I have been physically idle for the most part, but one person cannot really change the entire system! Keep on keepin on for the sake of everyone!

·
22,122 Posts
since we are in the know- doesnt that make us MORE responsible? at what point do our collective hackles stand up? at what point do the gloves come off?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had these thoughts about responsibility also. and would like to add.

many of us lived during the gas crunch of the early 70's. and what did our generation do when offered the SUV's of the 90's? "oooo, thats really neat. i'm a big boy now. making my own $ , can get lots of credit, Sold". didn't anyone remember the 70's

as for what to do now. well i am as to blame as anyone of us. but we should have been following the lead of the late 60's. IE; protesting. just applied to todays problems. but no, i was to busy trying to raise a family, work and be apathetic. i for one am sorry for my children. i cross my fingers.

i realize that this group doesn't seem to be at falt here, but, as the banks loosened the qualifications for home loans, the people should have been useing their heads and not taken out these high risk loans.

yes, i also blame us.

·
Salad Shooter
300 Posts
...at what point do our collective hackles stand up? at what point do the gloves come off?
I only hope that we'll all know when we've crossed that threshold. Even more, I hope we will have exhausted every single peaceful measure before we've reached that point. Once the gloves have come off then we're all in a place none of us want to be in.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The ones initially responsible are the ones who have pulled the wool over American's eyes..

Those next in line as far as responsibility goes, are those continuing to play their game, even though they know better than to expect any type of real change while voting for the lesser of two evils.

There are enough resources for America to research the voting history of the candidates, and there really is no reason for the majority of America to NOT have supported Ron Paul.. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Whether it would have made a difference or not, or he'd have gotten anywhere NEAR the white house without being JFK'd, the principle of everything he said about the economy, foreign policy and our own border security was spot on and 100% according to the constitution. Ignorant America is to blame.. Not those who knew better.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think it takes violence to enact change. I think violence could actually be counterproductive at this point.
It does take participation and a willingness to stand up and be counted. People will have to get their apathetic butts off the sofa and into the streets.
How many people can you count in your life who would actually make a public stand?
I'm guessing pathetically few.

·
22,122 Posts
but you ARE responsible for tomorrow

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
but one person cannot really change the entire system!
No, one person cannot CHANGE the entire system but one person can INFLUENCE the entire system to change.
Look at Martin Luther King, Jr.
One man CAN make a difference! :)

·
22,122 Posts
right until you're bumped off by govco...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts