Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chicom flu - its nothing, kumbaya, nannnnna

A place for you "skeptics". I bet you can get a great deal on a cruise about now.

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
There's already a big thread on the main board from a troll, and people are engaging with him. I guess this is moving slow, so people are looking for some action.

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
...one day:D:

But seriously, I picked up a cold.

I have a Pretty good immune system and hygene practices, and I've increased my social distances, hand washing, hand sanatizer, wearing gloves to pump gas, cleaning my steering wheel, phone, etc.

And it STILL 'got me'

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,332 Posts
From a practical standpoint a pandemic will infect every person worldwide. Some places take longer than others to infect, but the pathogen makes the rounds.

Reactions: LindaLou

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,497 Posts
...one day:D:

But seriously, I picked up a cold.

I have a Pretty good immune system and hygene practices, and I've increased my social distances, hand washing, hand sanatizer, wearing gloves to pump gas, cleaning my steering wheel, phone, etc.

And it STILL 'got me'
We could seal you up with Saran wrap. If no air gets in, no viruses get in. Problem solved. :thumb:

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Yeah, my kid got sick yesterday, which means I will be sick later today or tommorow.

Reactions: stroo and ManVsLawn

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
...But seriously, I picked up a cold.

And it STILL 'got me'
Yah, weird!

Started showing symptoms of something on Thursday, knocked me on my but & out of work Friday & Saturday nights. Lite duty last night.

Have been thankful not to have caught anything in a long while, and quite literally years since I’ve called out.

Similar mindfulness.

However am thinking at this point mine was a share from work. One of the healthiest guys there called out last night, he’s into ultra marathons & true tri-athalons.

Just really odd timing. Dunn Dunn Duhh!

·
Semper Fi
8,971 Posts
Can you put me in your will? I promise to cry at your funeral.

The wife and I had our bout with the flu a month ago. Only the second time I had been sick since I retired 4 years ago, Caught first one from one of the neighbor's little germ factories and this last one from a woman that was sick in the laundrymat.

·
Grevcon 10
13,398 Posts
I've been sick for a month. Kids in school and wife in a hospital. Most likely I've got Influenza B. Most everyone in the hospital was testing positive for it shortly before I got sick. Could make trying to quarantine interesting.

·
Loooooooong time Lurker
40 Posts
In December Flu B went through the household except for myself. Today took oldest boy to doctor for flu like symptoms but he tested negative. I fully expect my other son and my wife to get it, but I doubt I'll get it.

About the only thing I ever get from the family is a stomach bug, but I can't really differentiate the effects of the virus from the effects of the beer. I operate on the belief that it is physically impossible for me to get sick. Ridiculous? Sure, but its worked well for the last fifteen years.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I was a little spooked early into this as I was showing symptoms a few days after sleeping in the same room as a Chinese public administration student who was travelling wit Chinese people. At the time I got two nose bleeds one day after the other randomly.. .but nothing serious came of it... although the person in the office next to me also got something a couple days after giving me a standard greeting cheek type air kiss.

But no one else seemed to get it. But I know how people might fee about getting sick with this thing going around.

I was ill with bacterial infection brought on by athletes foot in early december so I barely noticed this cold.

None the less brings back keep calm and carry on.

It does show how fast things can travel even if it isn't the Wuhan virus itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts