Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well - because of Scalia's death one of the SAFE ACT law suits was withdrawn for now that we co-sponsor -- its saving monies we'll need later -- and we / they can resubmit it when the time is right --- no sense in fighting a battle just to loose :(

We also discussed the NRA board voting -- here are picks of people who actually "DO" something -- not just lend their celebrity name :mad:

·
Semper Vigilans
5,057 Posts
I always have a hard time voting for the NRA board because I usually know nothing about these people.

Only one I do know because of the territory I cover is Don Young the Republican from Alaska.

But he's a Crony RINO that was investigated by the FBI on Corruption.
Don't recall how that turned out but I'm not a fan.

Assuming it is the same Don Young.

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had heard that about him.
Short story :eek::

We at S.A.F.E. are a small organisation dedicated to legislation & firearms safety -- we have monthlys meeting where we donate "winna's choice" prizes at the end of every meeting --- buy a ticket for a buck and pick from whats on the table -- pick a hat or coffee mug bought by another member ( $5. mug could generate $25. :thumb: ) -- then we have our annual NRA dinner - raffle monies we get to donate to them -- we get a small percentage back :thumb:

Those funds are then used to hire a hall to have our -- once a year Firearms Civil Rights Conference ( also free to attend ) --- again we get local Gun Shops to donate guns and other stuff -- $5. ticket win a $1000. rifle :thumb:

Last year John Palmenter donated a $5000. rifle

We get local 2 A friendly politicians to speak -- Wayne LaPierre came out one year ( on his dime ;) ) -- the joint as packed to hear him :D:

Why do we do all of this ?

We sponsor "Women on Target" ---- "FREE" shooting safety classes :thumb:

A little over 100 signed up so far - this year so far we have our two classes for Apr. & Nov. filled - we may need to add a 3rd. :eek:

We also do training with the scouts & explores -- I'll be more involved with that as soon as I do the NRA instructor class's ---- out of my pocket :D:

So we scrimp and save to do this :eek::

( the point -- here it comes :D: )

ted nugent was in NYC for some thing one year --- we offer him a free pick up and suites for the night -- talk for 30 minutes - dinner then a limo back to the city or JFK :thumb:

Said he'd be happy to do it -- he can easily fit it in ---

"$10,000 appearance fee please" :eek:

NRA -- profiteer :mad:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ricekila, Thanks much for your vote.

There are multiple ballots out there. On mine Mark Humphreville is #36 and a friend has one that he says I am #17.

This is me:

http://i.imgur.com/xhdNmvDl.jpg

Old Black Water, you are absolutely right. 2,335,000 ballots went out last year and only 115,000 came back in.

I greatly appreciate your support. If any of you have ever shot high power matches at Camp Smith, NY back in early 80s we shot together before I came South. That were lots of good times at those matches.

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a reason different ballots -- different listing order and different board members go up for reelection on different years ---

Our local hero is up next year --

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
"ted nugent was in NYC for some thing one year --- we offer him a free pick up and suites for the night -- talk for 30 minutes - dinner then a limo back to the city or JFK

"$10,000 appearance fee please"

NRA -- profiteer "

What do you expect from a jackass that wrote a song about having sex with a thirteen year old girl and stealing cars and old ladies purses :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Short story :eek::

We at S.A.F.E. are a small organisation dedicated to legislation & firearms safety -- we have monthlys meeting where we donate "winna's choice" prizes at the end of every meeting --- buy a ticket for a buck and pick from whats on the table -- pick a hat or coffee mug bought by another member ( $5. mug could generate $25. :thumb: ) -- then we have our annual NRA dinner - raffle monies we get to donate to them -- we get a small percentage back :thumb:

Those funds are then used to hire a hall to have our -- once a year Firearms Civil Rights Conference ( also free to attend ) --- again we get local Gun Shops to donate guns and other stuff -- $5. ticket win a $1000. rifle :thumb:

Last year John Palmenter donated a $5000. rifle

We get local 2 A friendly politicians to speak -- Wayne LaPierre came out one year ( on his dime ;) ) -- the joint as packed to hear him :D:

Why do we do all of this ?

We sponsor "Women on Target" ---- "FREE" shooting safety classes :thumb:

A little over 100 signed up so far - this year so far we have our two classes for Apr. & Nov. filled - we may need to add a 3rd. :eek:

We also do training with the scouts & explores -- I'll be more involved with that as soon as I do the NRA instructor class's ---- out of my pocket :D:

So we scrimp and save to do this :eek::

( the point -- here it comes :D: )

ted nugent was in NYC for some thing one year --- we offer him a free pick up and suites for the night -- talk for 30 minutes - dinner then a limo back to the city or JFK :thumb:

"$10,000 appearance fee please" :eek:

NRA -- profiteer :mad:
Hey! I see some illegal features on that AR. Our governor said those aren't safe and they kill people.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not necessary -- because of the receiver on the A/R platform -- the bolt interferes with the stock -- as I understand it ---

It also has something to do with add-on's ?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ricekila,

Talked to a Board Member (on Election Committee) yesterday and he said there are five variations of ballots because if you are stuck all the way over in the right hand column folks get to 25 before they get to your name so change the locations of names to give everyone time to miss out on votes. I guess 60% of the time you are in the good zone and the other you are SOL! ! ! !

Therefore unless you have a big group of inlaws it is a crap shoot. Only thing we can hope for is the good ones go in and the others don't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.