Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found about a gun auction about 40 miles from me and heard there were good deals to be had. so being bored i went today and here are some things i saw and bought.

a nice looking garand for $450. and real nice m1a(?) the short 30 cal carbine. went for $350. nice mini-14 went for $250. some rae-ish lever guns went for around $500. all the model 94's 30/30 went for $275 each. there was a winchester 1887 lever 12 guage (terminator 2) that went for like $800 or $1000 or something i forget.

the guy running it aparently isnt a gun pro, he didnt know the calibers of some basic guns. they had an SKS( im not sure which country ) that sold for $175. the guy had a poor condition mosin nagant m44 that had been sporterized and when no-one bid at $100 he skipped it.

they had a massive and heavy rolling block, octagon barrel 45/70 that didnt sell. there were no MBR's

most of the guys there were looking for hunting shotguns and rifles.

what i bought: an old police mossberg pump 12 guage for $125 nice shape. a stevens .410 bolt action in nice shape for $100. and a single shot 12 guage for $50. (ratty) i wish i had brought more money. some of the guns i thought people stole from this auction.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Where do you live? At auctions here people bid over the value of everything. Next time there is an auction in your neighborhood please give me a call.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
A 30 carbine for $350! Dang That was person that got that STOLE IT!

Reactions: test

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Dang, I'd love to find a good M1 carbine for that price. Was at the gun show yesterday and the cheapest I could find one for was $500 and it wasn't even a military version. About the only deal I could find at the show was on ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts