Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up with a cold this morning. And yes I am staying in isolation so it won't be spread to anyone else by me. Probably caught it at a doctor's office the other day. Anyway....

I have this headache. Maybe a sinus headache, I don't know. Just feels like a headache. Not a migraine--yet. I was sitting here reading news and was pressing my index finger into my forehead, right between my eyebrows, just a bit above the bridge of my nose. And the headache vanished. Let off the pressure and it came back after a few minutes. Repeat, same thing.

Strange. I can't figure out the mechanism, but I'm not complaining.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,593 Posts
Woke up with a cold this morning. And yes I am staying in isolation so it won't be spread to anyone else by me. Probably caught it at a doctor's office the other day. Anyway....

I have this headache. Maybe a sinus headache, I don't know. Just feels like a headache. Not a migraine--yet. I was sitting here reading news and was pressing my index finger into my forehead, right between my eyebrows, just a bit above the bridge of my nose. And the headache vanished. Let off the pressure and it came back after a few minutes. Repeat, same thing.

That is an accupressure point that is supposed to help open the sinus's. Also along the upper eye socket orbit.

I have been in the house for a week now with insane sinus action and ashtma. Finally bought a Primatene inhaler and it is helping. Every time I go outside my sinus's go into overdrive.

Can't wait for whatever seasonal allergen is out there to cease its noxious activities. :)

·
3,062 Posts

:eek: You've got the Kung Wu Flu! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! :D::D:

·
3,062 Posts
Something you might try (years of year round sinus issues) recommended by several DRs and Chiropractors. Take the ends of your thumbs place them between your eye ball and inside upper socket. Find the notch just outside from the bridge of your nose and apply pressure upward. It can relieve headache discomfort.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not know that! There truly is something to it, then. My sinuses didn't open, but the headace (frontal and top of my head) did stop.

I do know about pressing on the upper, inner eye socket area for migraine help. Doesn't stop them but does help a bit. As does inhaling freshly picked mint sprigs. Don't know why that helps either but I grow mint for that purpose. Not a cure, but still a help.

My late hubby had an aunt who worked for a reflexologist back in the 40s and 50s in rural Texas, Doc Garland. We were visiting her once and she adjusted my hubby's spine, which she had done since he was little and diagnosed with scoliosis. Story goes that after six months of her adjusting his spine daily his scoliosis was gone. So she asked me if I would like an adjustment and I didn't have back problems but I said ok, why not. After she twisted and cracked my back from my neck all the way down, I felt so relaxed. It was really a wonder to me at the time. I had a really old book of reflexology that used to belong to her, but I don't know what happened to it. I'd like to get another one like it. It would make a good addition to a reference library.

Bob, I have this really high temperature too, and a terrible cough and my eyeballs are bleeding. Think I really do have the kung flu? Hmmm..... I did eat at that Chinese buffet the other day.....

JK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts