Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Unemployment sucks.
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yup i might be a bad father, but my 7 year old daughter is now armed and going to the rang with me. o well i might not be a politically correct dad, but i promise you she will know how to shoot and use a knife. She is definatly supper excited about here new hardware

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Your not a "bad dad". Your daughter is far less likely to have a "accident" if educated. I think your far better off with them knowing about guns, than not. Both my 10 year old and my 15 year old are good shots.

·
Wendigo244
103 Posts
Don't worry. My daughter is 7, she has her own 10/22 (only fired under my supervision of course) and when shes prone she can actually hit things... Hell we should start a Proud fathers club.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
gun proof the kid- not kid proof the gun.

We all know that kids are second only to spies and cat burglars in the degree of opsec they can comprimise :D:

Reactions: chaosofcreation

·
Ready for the big "push"
1,473 Posts

Yup i might be a bad father, but my 7 year old daughter is now armed and going to the rang with me. o well i might not be a politically correct dad, but i promise you she will know how to shoot and use a knife. She is definatly supper excited about here new hardware
"Bad father" Wear that label like a badge of honor in my opinion.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
I think you are an excellent father for not depriving your kid any fun simply because she is a girl.

As long as you are teaching the safety aspects you can't go wrong.

When I was a kid I joined this scout like organization where they asked the parents to give you a knife, so I got one when i was 7. They taught us how to use it and how to be safe. Because it was done at an early age, we didn't forget what we learned and we all show the same respect for knives as adults. I'm clumsy and accident prone, but even I never had a outdoors knife accident. Ever. (Now they should teach kitchen knives safety too...)

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
Now that's good training. They should be teaching that in public schools!

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
My son is six and has a BB gun. LOL... Not mature enough for the real thing I am afraid. :)

However, when I deem him ready, my first shotgun (single shot H&R 410) will be passed to him. He and I will then begin yet another chapter in his life.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I don't think that exposing children to responsible firearms operation or ownership is un-PC. My daughter will eventually be shooting her chipmunk which I already bought for her, and I'm probably what most people on this forum considers PC.

HippieSurvivalist

·
Registered
217 Posts

I bought both my son and oldest daughter their first guns at the age of 8, so I guess that makes me worse with two kids who have learned about firearms. I also have a 4 year old daughter that is very upset, because she does not have a gun of her own yet.

·
Intemporaliter Fidelis
282 Posts

Don't sweat it man. In this day and time having a child who doesn't know how to use every weapon imaginable is like throwing a lamb to the wolves. I worry every time my girls leave the house and I have been teaching them since they were old enough to understand.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My daughter would shoot rock chuck squirrels at age 6 with me.
At 7 she had her own honda mini trail
At 8 she had her own 22 cal revolver with a 6" barrel.

Now shes 26, and I could just slap her silly (gone wayward)

But theres always the grandkids !! :D:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts