Survivalist Forum banner

Well ALL of my guns were stolen!

12K views 73 replies 58 participants last post by  mojopin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got my christmas present put on early in the form of trijicon night sights for my glock 36 couple days ago, but yesterday some body took it and BOTH of my assault rifles....
Im very shtf preparing and these are my life lines.... Not sure how long we will make it on one pistol now. Im figuring theres only a few months left before I cant buy one or the shtf.
Awesome....

#8 ·
Your own fault. If its not on you then it should either be in a safe or in a cache. Epic fail on your part. How do you expect to keep them if you dont control them? How do you protect the kids around you? I dont even care if you dont have any what about the stupid neighbor kids that do it for a kick? Its your responsibility to control weapons.

#9 ·
Got my christmas present put on early in the form of trijicon night sights for my glock 36 couple days ago, but yesterday some mutherf#$ker took it and BOTH of my assault rifles....
Im very shtf preparing and these are my life lines.... Not sure how long we will make it on one pistol now. Im figuring theres only a few months left before I cant buy one or the shtf.
Awesome....
Sucks man. Did you have insurance? Homeowners ins. might cover also.

They'll be back. Bet on it. Don't load up on more than a CC piece before installing some significant security measures.

#12 ·
I feel for you man, i would be out for blood, check around all the pawn shops in your area alot of times a crack head junkie will pawn what he stole so he could get another rock and glass stem, ask pawn owner what he looked liked if you see your guns there. you can only hope that whoever stole your guns accidently shoots themselves

#14 ·
Ugh! Bastards! Same thing happened to my mate in Ohio - cleared out $5,000 worth of pistols and rifles. The worst of it was finding out a few weeks later that his girlfriend was a heroin addict and had organized the theft in return for some cash and dope. Really screwed with his head and our planned shooting vacation. Slut.

And yes, burglars regularly hit the same spot after a while when they think you'll have restocked. Definitely get some high quality safes for next time.

#33 ·
Same thing happened to my mate in Ohio - cleared out $5,000 worth of pistols and rifles. The worst of it was finding out a few weeks later that his girlfriend was a heroin addict and had organized the theft in return for some cash and dope. Really screwed with his head and our planned shooting vacation. Slut.
Uh...yeah...she might have been a slut all right. And...uh...if she was a heroin addict and your friend didn't see any of the warning signs of that behavior...you might be better off not being involved in that scene altogether friend.

A lot of the time, comedians are entirely full of ****. Once in a while, you find someone that is funny, more than a little on the conservative/libertarian side...and has some life experience.

Words to the wise.

#15 ·
Sounds like you have learned a valuable lesson. There are few things in this world I hate worse than a thief. I feel for you. When it comes to firearms you gotta take steps to protect your investment. A good quality safe (not a gun cabinet), bolted to the floor using concrete anchor studs is worth it's weight in gold.

#16 ·
Thankfully I have a stay-at-home wife. She'd have perforated them. Thieving bastards. If someone was in a market stealing food because they needed to eat to live, I'd come nearer to understanding. Someone who steals guns is a crackhead out for his next hit.

#17 ·
Got my christmas present put on early in the form of trijicon night sights for my glock 36 couple days ago, but yesterday some body took it and BOTH of my assault rifles....
Awesome....
He had them in a vault, you can tell this because he said two of them were class III firearms. The ATF requires that you have secure storage.

#18 ·
So they hit you back in May and then they came back and hit you yesterday?
Security cameras are very small (easily hidden) nowadays and many come with software that will let you watch the cameras online from work, plus they'll call or text you via the net if they catch movement.

#23 ·
Recently a friend had some firearms stolen...police were no help other than saying if they were located he would be notified.

He tracked one of them to a pawn shop in Missouri, and they were able to arrest a women, the girlfriend of a neighbors son. She refused to say anything, and is awaiting trial. No other firearms were recovered.

Really sucks, and some times they are irreplaceable.

#24 ·
That sucks. I got my guns stolen once. The hoods didn't even have to break in. Walked right in and seemed to know exactly where they were along with my alcohol, money, candy and a few other things. They escaped down the road but were driving so slowly, a border patrol took note. Then by coincidence there was a guy in town who drove through the gate at his girlfriend's home and it drew a few leos. The BP showed up and mentioned the suspicious vehicle heading out of town at an unusually slow rate of speed. A cop pulled the kids over and saw my guns plain as day through the windows. Turns out it was my ex's step son and a couple of this thug friends. Strange thing is the kid was not a bad kid. Good grades. Good upbringing. Nice kid. He couldn't even explain to me why he did it. Stupid. He's in the military now. His dad is well off and paid for a good lawyer. His friends didn't get off so easily. There is something wrong with our justice system when money can buy your freedom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.