Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my christmas present put on early in the form of trijicon night sights for my glock 36 couple days ago, but yesterday some body took it and BOTH of my assault rifles....
Im very shtf preparing and these are my life lines.... Not sure how long we will make it on one pistol now. Im figuring theres only a few months left before I cant buy one or the shtf.
Awesome....

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
Your own fault. If its not on you then it should either be in a safe or in a cache. Epic fail on your part. How do you expect to keep them if you dont control them? How do you protect the kids around you? I dont even care if you dont have any what about the stupid neighbor kids that do it for a kick? Its your responsibility to control weapons.

·
Registered
21,678 Posts
Got my christmas present put on early in the form of trijicon night sights for my glock 36 couple days ago, but yesterday some mutherf#$ker took it and BOTH of my assault rifles....
Im very shtf preparing and these are my life lines.... Not sure how long we will make it on one pistol now. Im figuring theres only a few months left before I cant buy one or the shtf.
Awesome....
Sucks man. Did you have insurance? Homeowners ins. might cover also.

They'll be back. Bet on it. Don't load up on more than a CC piece before installing some significant security measures.

·
cleaning crew
3,113 Posts
they took all of my guns, most of the food supplies and ammos and some ham radio supplies... sucks, this was back in may of this year.

the worst part is they torn up my house pretty good. we'll see what the insurance say.

·
Gravity is a Theory.
3,211 Posts
Homeowners/Renters insurance should help cover most of the losses.

Are you an NRA member? They also will provide you some funds to recoup the loss/theft of firearms.

Tough luck buddy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I feel for you man, i would be out for blood, check around all the pawn shops in your area alot of times a crack head junkie will pawn what he stole so he could get another rock and glass stem, ask pawn owner what he looked liked if you see your guns there. you can only hope that whoever stole your guns accidently shoots themselves

·
Pantomime Villain
3,969 Posts
Ugh! Bastards! Same thing happened to my mate in Ohio - cleared out $5,000 worth of pistols and rifles. The worst of it was finding out a few weeks later that his girlfriend was a heroin addict and had organized the theft in return for some cash and dope. Really screwed with his head and our planned shooting vacation. Slut.

And yes, burglars regularly hit the same spot after a while when they think you'll have restocked. Definitely get some high quality safes for next time.

·
Noman
903 Posts
Sounds like you have learned a valuable lesson. There are few things in this world I hate worse than a thief. I feel for you. When it comes to firearms you gotta take steps to protect your investment. A good quality safe (not a gun cabinet), bolted to the floor using concrete anchor studs is worth it's weight in gold.

·
Registered
21,678 Posts
Thankfully I have a stay-at-home wife. She'd have perforated them. Thieving bastards. If someone was in a market stealing food because they needed to eat to live, I'd come nearer to understanding. Someone who steals guns is a crackhead out for his next hit.

·
Born to prep
3,539 Posts
Got my christmas present put on early in the form of trijicon night sights for my glock 36 couple days ago, but yesterday some body took it and BOTH of my assault rifles....
Awesome....
He had them in a vault, you can tell this because he said two of them were class III firearms. The ATF requires that you have secure storage.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So they hit you back in May and then they came back and hit you yesterday?
Security cameras are very small (easily hidden) nowadays and many come with software that will let you watch the cameras online from work, plus they'll call or text you via the net if they catch movement.

·
Thank you very much
4,322 Posts
Sorry for your loss. When I had an apartment someone broke in and stole our laptop, and some of the wifes jewelry. Insurance covered it, just had to pay the deductable that was 500. The good thing was that they gave us the current price to replace the item new.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts