Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably nothing but...

something not so common is happening in the atlantic right now

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/c...ests-the-limit-of-the-atmosphere-this-weekend

Hopefully this means the reverse of what happened in Antarctica (with the hottests day on recrod for the past 80 years yesterday, with this low making a super cold system off greenland??? (This is an ultra low pressure system at 44 milibars.

To give you an idea The barometric pressure measured in Wilma, 882 mbar (26.05 inHg), is currently the lowest recorded pressure for a tropical cyclone in the Atlantic Basin,

This thing is suppose to end at 920 Mbar. (in the north atlantic)

·
Registered
563 Posts
we was in upper 50's lower 60's couple 3 days ago,last 2 nights drooped few degrees below zero with windchill in negative teens to negitive 20s,colder then crap today, upper single digits to lower teens for high today,supposed to hit mid to upper 40s tomorrow,what the hell LOL welcome to KS.

·
Registered
563 Posts
took me bit over 5 hours to haul hay to cows,usually about 1-1.5 hour job,I have huge deep ruts from last good thaw and its frozen rock hard today,kept getting high centered in ruts and had to pry tractor loose with loader,get loose pick bale back up go aways and get stuck again grrr,now time for bed I gotta be back to work in 6 hours and its a hour drive in this ice and snow!

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
We as humans have accelerated global warming and have set a time bomb off which will result in extinction. There aren't enough trees to absorb the volume of carbon dioxide and we will soon lose the caps at the poles, and much of nature as we know it, as evolution cannot keep up with the pace we are forcing as humans, with regards to altering habitats and abusing the fossil fuels we have.

Change my mind.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
We as humans have accelerated global warming and have set a time bomb off which will result in extinction. There aren't enough trees to absorb the volume of carbon dioxide and we will soon lose the caps at the poles, and much of nature as we know it, as evolution cannot keep up with the pace we are forcing as humans, with regards to altering habitats and abusing the fossil fuels we have.

Change my mind.

No, we really haven't.
Don't fall for the hype.

We are in a warming cycle between Ice Ages.
It's been going on for millions of years without us.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/polar-extremes/

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,782 Posts

Change my mind.

A few yrs back I took a science course titled "Historical Geology".

It was real interesting to learn how the continents get pushed around the Earth, bump into each other, and force up mountain ranges. Interesting to learn the incredible amounts of time that have occured allowing for plant and animal adaptation, and some times extinction. It was interesting to learn the climatic history of the Earth, and put modern variations into perspective.

From a geologic perspective, the Earth is still stuck in an ice age cycle, that has dominated the climate for 2.5-3 million yrs. During this time, long sustained periods of glaciation lasting +80,000 yrs build up ice sheets over Canada and Northern US, only to melt off and offer relatively short interglacial periods of approx 20,000 yrs.

It is not supprising that CO2, methane, and water vapor levels change during the transition period between interglacial periods, and full blown ice ages. Water is released by the melting ice, and the trace gasses are created by biological activity. When the Earth warms up, these gasses rise in response. But we have a great deal of ice and sediment core data from these periods, and at no time have the gass levels of CO2, methane, or water vapor preceeded a change in climate.

The two greatest factors that control climate are the energy output of the sun, and the relative effeciency of ocean currents, moving heat energy from the tropics to the pole.

Human activity, and especially CO2 levels, have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not going to go into why you're wrong but there are in the neighborhood of 30,000 actual climate scientists that would disagree with you. There is no real evidence that humans have caused any actual change to the climate. The Earth's climate changes constantly, and we as humans who only live a VERY short time in relation to the Earths lifespan view climate events in our time frame and not over the thousands of years the Earth has been changing. The same doomsday climate change extremists seem to conveniently forget about the ice age and other major events that have happened when there were relatively few humans and no machines on the planet.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Change my mind.

I'm not going to go into why you're wrong but there are in the neighborhood of 30,000 actual climate scientists that would disagree with you. There is no real evidence that humans have caused any actual change to the climate. The Earth's climate changes constantly, and we as humans who only live a VERY short time in relation to the Earths lifespan view climate events in our time frame and not over the thousands of years the Earth has been changing. The same doomsday climate change extremists seem to conveniently forget about the ice age and other major events that have happened when there were relatively few humans and no machines on the planet.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
From a geologic perspective, the Earth is still stuck in an ice age cycle, that has dominated the climate for 2.5-3 million yrs. During this time, long sustained periods of glaciation lasting +80,000 yrs build up ice sheets over Canada and Northern US, only to melt off and offer relatively short interglacial periods of approx 20,000 yrs.
I took a similar course many many years ago, and I remember being taught this as well.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The SB radars especially the one off Hawaii that goes up to Alaska every winter and back down mid summer for repairs a lot of weird weather anomalies from them. I Pacific Redwood and HARRP Report doid mention the. both dpon't really do anything anymore.

The central Pacific has been stagnant for years now and is full of microplastics so thin not visible by the naked eye but so much it has clogged ocean currents up which drive the jet stream or in this case doesn't!

The Atlantic has their own growing pile buit no where near the size of the Central Pacific one!.

This is not the same 'trash' you see on the media pictures which actually are taken right off the coast of the Pacific if you look at it closely you can see mountains in the background showing it's not far from land. Those are bicycle tires and plastics.

The central Pacific patch is the size of the west coast full of these weird micro sized particles that bunch up together and collect. A few 'ships' private have been sent out last year to analyze it in the last 3 years and trying to scoop some of it up.

In 2013 thru 2016 dead fish were showing up like they were cooked from the inside and dead fish in 2016 started appearing in Oregon inland rivers and they were blaming it on 'El Nino' which isn't the problem as the dead fish were linked to the Central Pacific region where the most concentration was. Then they stopped talking about it as soon as it was Trump time.

I don't know WHAT is going on since Google has shut down all discussion of anything not mainstream and many youtube people that did mention these things were either bumped off or not able to be found in search engines. Only MSM links available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts