Survivalist Forum banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
We eat them in many different ways but they are delicious with Russian dressing drizzled on them.
I generally hate veggies. Mostly it is texture issues more than taste.
I hate chunky pasta/pizza sauce or salsa. When I make chili I put the onions, tomatoes, peppers in the food processor.

I could graze on baby spinach though. I put some sort of vinegarette on it. I could probably dice up some avocado real small and mix it in.

I also found the keto-friendly shakes that use coconut milk.

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
It sure is tough in these first few days. I typically make dinner for my son. Making him mac n cheese and stuff tempts me to dig in.

Yesterday the guys at work tried to give me pizza but I stood strong.

Trying to stick to keto around people who just eat whatever is like being a one week clean drug addict surrounded by users. Driving past restaurants smelling it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate the support. Fast Food was my addiction. So, with that out of the way means that fried food, buns and large sodas are gone as well. That should eliminate 80% of the stuff you mentioned.

I'm not trying to lose it fast. If it takes a year to get down around 200 then so be it. It may sound crazy, but I was sort of afraid of what I would look like when I lose the weight. Like a pile of loose skin. I'm hoping that if I lose the weight at a nice slow pace that things will go back to their normal shape.
I quit all sugar,lost 26 lbs quickly!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have not been on SB much this year. I'm still trimming down, slowly but surely.

An interesting thing that I learned, that I am fortunate to have never or rarely experienced are hunger pains. I am slowly getting my mind/body used to only eating when I'm actually hungry. For a while I was thinking "man, why does my stomach feel uncomfortable? I didn't eat anything bad??" I quickly realized that it was because I was hungry. I have spent so much time eating just to be eating something or because I was bored that I had not idea what it felt like to actually have an empty stomach.

Due to waiting until I am hungry to eat, I eat less. Maybe my stomach is shrinking?

I have been getting more exercise. My son, who is 5, loves the pool. So when we go to the gym him and I swim.

I'm down to 288. At my high I was 314. My overall goal is to be around 180 - 190. However, I break it into small goals. For example, I'm striving to see 279 on the scales. That will make me more motivated, just seeing a 7 instead of an 8. And so on.
Swimming is vert good!Keep the faith,don’t let us down!lol we’re cheering for you!

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
So far, so good this week. Resisted so many temptations. My employer bought everyone lunch today...sub, chips, cookie, etc. Basic box lunch. I took mine home for my son.

My mind was having a battle. One side saying "oh c'mon, it's the weekend." The other side saying "NO!"

Dropped about seven pounds or more of water weight.

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Well, I said I would update regularly... Honestly, it is not as enjoyable to post your failures. However, I think it would possibly benefit folks to see that we all struggle.

I think things have finally taken a turn that will make it easier to get back on track. My wife got her regular m-f work schedule back which means I can much easier go to the gym. The issue before was that I would get home from work and have to wait 3-4 hours to go to the gym. By that time I had too much time to unwind and relax.

Here is a picture from May 2019 and my progress in December 2019...

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Nice job, you look like a bad ass. Keep it up.
Thanks...but that was before covid, gyms closing, car accident, new baby...

The good thing is that I'm not starting over from that mess you see in the May 2019 picture. I have put 35lbs back on. Between May '19 and Dec '19 I lost at least 50lbs.

I would like to find a place to go get my blood tested to see where my numbers stands.

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,894 Posts
You WILL get there. Look at sand-bag training, hitting a tire with a sledgehammer, things like that.

Join a Ju-Jitsu dojo and you won't need weights.

As is is man, you are starting to look like the Mountain from GOT.

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
No gym tonight. My wife had to get tested for covid. It came back positive. Plus I had a flange gasket blow on our main steam line at work. Since no one wants to have a job these days I have to go in at 3am and fix it before I fire up the plant.

I've stuck to my keto...water weight is coming off.

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Two days after my first day back at the gym and the soreness is creeping up. Upper legs, traps and slightly in the triceps and biceps near my elbows.

My workouts generally go something like five minutes on the rowing machine, hit the weights and then 30 minutes on the elliptical maintaining a heart rate around 134 to burn fat.

Because the gym is so busy I do not have set routines or days that I work certain areas. Doing so would require an additional two hours due to people just sitting on the equipment ****ing around on their phone or bull****ting with their buddies.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Because the gym is so busy I do not have set routines or days that I work certain areas. Doing so would require an additional two hours due to people just sitting on the equipment ****ing around on their phone or bull****ting with their buddies.
And that’s why I bought the gear I’ve got at home. It’s less sociable but you get more done. I figured that the people I care about are home waiting for me, not sitting on the machines talking about how much weight they can lift.

Inspired by your story, by the way.

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Well the fun continues.

Even though I had covid last summer now that my wife has it my employer requires that I quarantine for 14 days.

Go to the gym or play the covid game?

141 - 160 of 168 Posts