Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 168 Posts

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,894 Posts
OR the 19 Y/O kid with every type of lycra joint brace on known to man, to the point he looks like he's wearing a wetsuit (EXCEPT for the flat-brim hat and I-phone 6 that he fiddles with in between sets), doing something like standing barbell rows with 225, jerking his body like he's twerking, and SLAMMING them weights, boy, EVERY rep got to SLAM em', cause "he want everybody to see how hard core he is."

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
There are so many body movements that go on....I'm really shocked more people do not get hurt.

The guys that really get under my skin are the ones that like to drop the weights and make all kinds of noise. IMO, if you can't sit the weight down carefully then it is probably too much weight. OR...you're an ass hat who just wants attention.
Oh man, I couldn't agree more, those guys are all about look at me. :thumb:

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
OR the 19 Y/O kid with every type of lycra joint brace on known to man, to the point he looks like he's wearing a wetsuit (EXCEPT for the flat-brim hat and I-phone 6 that he fiddles with in between sets), doing something like standing barbell rows with 225, jerking his body like he's twerking, and SLAMMING them weights, boy, EVERY rep got to SLAM em', cause "he want everybody to see how hard core he is."
I had a chuckle at this because it is so easy to picture.

·
Dirty Mind
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
It's amazing what simply packing your lunch will do! Just last week I started packing my lunch every day and gained a notch on my belt.

I think I need to focus more on cardio and doing more reps with lighter weight. I'm not really losing weight, however I can feel changes in the way my clothes fit.

·
SBs Resident Non Prepper
7,484 Posts
After reading the past 6 pages.
Here is my advice.....Low Carb.....Low Carb.
Limit your carbs to a max of 25 carbs per day....
No bread....no rice....no potatoes....no soda....start reading the nutritional label on foods.
No sugar....no carbs.....
Max 25 carbs per day.
Read the nutrition labels.....
Yes your body will go through a withdraw period.....usually 7-10 days....then it goes away

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Good luck! I remember how hard it was for me to quit smoking 8 years ago, so I have alot of empathy for you. In a way, losing weight might even be more difficult since you have to eat even when dieting.

I just skimmed through the posts so I don't know if it was mentioned. I would recommend increasing your physical activity. If you're not into working out you can just add a couple of long walks a day or something simple. It might not seem like much, but combined with your healthier eating habits burning off even a couple of hundred extra calories a day will add up over a year. And, you are looking at a year to lose the amount of weight that you want to before you go on maintenance.

Again, hang in there and good luck!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I had a massive heart attack just 18 weeks ago and a triple bypass, a miracle I'm still here. I was 265 lbs at 5'11" tall. I was in the gym 3x a week too, but eating badly and family history is what got me. I had shortness of breath that I attributed to my weight and asthma. Finally I had this chest pain on a Saturday night and went to the ER. They took me in right away and I coded immediately. Next thing I know, they wake me up 4 days later and I knew right away what happened.

After 10 days in the hospital they cut me loose. I had dropped 15 lbs in the hospital. I started eating right again. No soda, cut out bad carbs, sugar, salt and bad fats. I was very weak at first. I had a home care nurse come in now and then and home PT for 10 sessions. Luckily I have no major heart damage and I'm back in the gym plus doing a cardiac rehab program.

I've lost another 20 lbs since I got home and feel great aside from some surgical site pains. Chest incision is slow to heal. I saw a dietician at rehab the other day and got some great tips for eating.

Lots of salads, practically no bread or processed meats. I eat fish 2x a week, a lot of grilled chicken, homemade salsa and guacamole. Lean cuts of beef now and then, buffalo burgers too, on a whole wheat English muffin. Beer, I get a 12-pack of Heineken light a week and it has to last me. I also drink Miller 64, but that has no taste.

It took something drastic to make a positive change for me. Not recommended but I'm in a good place right now. No more huffing and puffing up the stairs, my clothes fit a lot better and I bought some new ones. Anyone can lose a little or lot of weight by cutting out a few bad things out of their diet.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
After reading the past 6 pages.
Here is my advice.....Low Carb.....Low Carb.
Limit your carbs to a max of 25 carbs per day....
No bread....no rice....no potatoes....no soda....start reading the nutritional label on foods.
No sugar....no carbs.....
Max 25 carbs per day.
Read the nutrition labels.....
Yes your body will go through a withdraw period.....usually 7-10 days....then it goes away
Big time on reading the labels on everything. Sodium is a killer and in almost anything. I try to keep it below 2000 mg a day, 2325 mg is one teaspoon.

I work with a dietician in cardiac rehab who just told me how to set up my 9" plate for meals. 1/2 the plate is good carbs, 1/4 is protein and 1/4 is a starch.

Others have told me to avoid or limit anything white, like flour products, sugars and good old salt. My biggest problem is portion control which I'm getting better about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
First I really respect that you haven't given up. A year ago I weighed 205. I'm now 178. I quit eating after dinner. No late night snacking. Also no sugar or soda and of course no fast food. No extra activity for me just better eating habits. Smaller Portions! A couple fewer bites every day adds up. And don't skip breakfast. You can kick start your metabolism with some protein in the morning. Now I don't gasp for air when I bend over to tie my shoes. Good luck

·
That'll be the day...
3,885 Posts
I working in a 120,000 Sq ft building. I walk 3-4 miles per day at work.

5 days no fast food or soda.
Good on ya for 5 days of no fast food. That was a hard one for me as well. I love, love, love burgers!!!! I could eat one a day and never get tired of them. I was also a Carb-aholic.

I have found that frozen fruit smoothies in the morning and then an apple in the evenings has done HUGE things for me staying the course, as I only eat lean protein and low glycemic, high fiber carbs.

I searched your posts for body weight and couldn't find anything. You have a three year journey here..... what are the numbers?

·
SBs Resident Non Prepper
7,484 Posts
Buy a hamburger.....a triple patty.....just throw away the bun
No ketchup
Mustard and mayonnaise is good...
Eat with a fork.
Order the side salad....instead of fries
Bottle water instead of the soda

Fast food problem solved

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Man I just can across this thread by accident.

Fast food is the hardest part when you drive trucks.

You go Trigger Happy, you will get there.

As for me I am looking for 200, but I am focusing on the 50lb challenge first.

·
Amat victoria curam
1,349 Posts
Good luck with the journey. I went from 175 during last year's of military and got up to 255 on 5'9" frame. Battled it on off over last several years, recently went paleo and have been feeling great. (not trying sell paleo everyone's different, I hated counting calories and all) no matter what adjustments are pain in butt but we're better for it in end.

Keep on keeping on.

101 - 120 of 168 Posts