Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
69,133 Posts
Stocking like that is a little hard for me since I don't really use or stock much in the way of canned goods, other than meats. Nor most other grocery store type items. I tend to put a little away when I can and then buy bulk beans, grains, dehydrated foods, oils, etc. This doesn't work so well when you're first starting out, but once you're pretty well squared away it is a great way to replace used preps and build a larger inventory of them.

Some of the things I do buy a few of during my regular shopping trips are things like TP, household chemicals, vinegar, baking soda, personal care items, etc.

· Premium Member
69,133 Posts
We do used canned veggies now, so we buy like we use. Since we don't use a lot of canned meats, we tend to avoid those. Besides, there's too much to shoot off of of the back deck. :thumb:
It makes sense to buy what you use. I don't use many canned meats either, but I at least have a bunch stocked back for when I need them. I only use them now to learn to use them in recipes later on.

I use mostly dehydrated veggies (and fresh) rather than canned, so that's why I buy them that way. I find they're cheaper overall and taste much better. But unfortunately, that means I can't buy a few "extra" when I grocery shop. I have to order them in bulk to make the savings worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.