Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found it and #10 cans of veggies and fruits seem very reasonable. No connection to them, just wondering.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can't comment on those specific products, but I purchased my VacMaster Chamber sealer there years ago. Shipped on a crate and everything arrived in good condition and on time.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,817 Posts
I've bought from them several times. Never had a problem with them and everything food wise that i've bought has been good and affordable.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
Good deals on a lot of stuff, but the shipping on food makes it not worth it for the individual. Free shipping items seem ok. I got a little propane stove from them.

I started to buy some dry potatoes from them. Shipping made it more per oz. than buying locally.

Are you looking at wet food, or dehydrated?

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
I bought my burner/lead alloy melter from there
It is a 200k btu beast
Very happy
Did not know they sold food
Will check it out
Thanks

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
It's exciting to look at the food.

Until you realize your price doubles after shipping.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deals on a lot of stuff, but the shipping on food makes it not worth it for the individual. Free shipping items seem ok. I got a little propane stove from them.

I started to buy some dry potatoes from them. Shipping made it more per oz. than buying locally.

Are you looking at wet food, or dehydrated?
Didn't see any dehydrated. You're right, shipping is BIG. What kind of local store would carry these foods in #10 cans? Thanks.

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
The stores have a big can section, but I don't buy those for prep. My group isn't big enough for #10 cans, and you never count on utilities.

I settle for dry food with O2 and mylar. Much easier to store, and much better if you have to move preps or bug out.

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,669 Posts
Didn't see any dehydrated. You're right, shipping is BIG. What kind of local store would carry these foods in #10 cans? Thanks.
#10 food can are institutional size.

These cans is already rare in consumer stores. Preserved food even less likely.

You either have to pay for shipping or step above retail and attempt to buy wholesale,

Sams and Costco have some because they also cater to small restaurant owners, but most of them get their food delivered by companies like Sysco. That means a corporate account, tax ID, purchase orders, invoices, Dunn and Bradstreet rating, etc.

There is a pinned list of trusted suppliers pinned at the top of this board if you want mail order. Shipping food costs money inevitably.

Going local requires localized knowledge. That you'll need to discover for yourself.

Reactions: Aceoky
1 - 9 of 9 Posts