Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On sept 14 th hurricane Ike passed through Cincinnati Ohio 85 mph winds. Believe it or not a hurricane minus the rain in the Midwest 1 million plus were with out power(many still are).Looting has been almost none existent however some of "societies finest" had been lurking in the shadows.I got a taste of survival firearms usefulness .As dark approached I pulled my m590a1 and my wife's sigma 40sw for her from the locker.We kept our eyes open I was using my gen2 monocular rather than a flashlight just for fun.I spotted some winners stopping and looking at a distant neighbors home.I live in an urban area so since they started walking again I figured they were just gawking .Wrong answer I stepped away for a minute to get some water.My wife was laying down and the dogs were in the kids rooms.When I came back to my vantage point near the open and screened front window of the living room these morons were on my front porch trying to push open the front door.Well I racked a round of 00 buck in the chamber that got their attention real quick!!!They froze for a second like deer in the headlight of a truck (not to mention the look on one of the pairs face) then they started to run like their life depended on it( Ohio law dose not presume self defense until they enter the house.Lucky for them I got there before they forced their way in the house or they would have been dealt with. I was carrying my shotgun bayonet fixed.The shotgun was slung low ready on a custom made tactical sling .The safety was off chamber empty).I yelled a few choice words to them as they fled. Like the rattle on a rattle snake the sound of a 12 gauge racking one home is the unmistakable signal for get the f#** away from us. I have to say I think they might not have got the point so quickly had I chambered a round in the ak. I guess having a weapon for each occasion pays off in the end.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Those aks are rattle boxes too. You should try the noise side by side. I don't think you could be disappointed with either one.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
on duty I had my PT-92 and Maverick on me at all times. Actually deployed the shotgun at some looters, but thankfull- I didnt need to do much more than aim and rack.

Carried the Saiga when making my rounds to different peoples houses to check on them.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Cincinnati Ohio is a dirty crime ridden dump anyway. That's what Skyline Chili does to people, it rots their brains.....

What the hell do you have a bayonet on a shotgun for?!?!?!?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
390 Posts
Hell Yeah, Now that's a fella I want living next door, Not afraid to pop off a round, My retarded Cul de sac are filled with *******! guns bad goverment good.

·
Young Blood
2,676 Posts
you should hear my shot gun its a semi auto and it has this huge block of metal called the bolt,and not only does the round make that sound the bolt comes forward with a huge clang so its pretty scary lol. my 22 is silent, and my mosin is kinda loud

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Awesome post city slicker! Good story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts