Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have planned the use of their weapons in this manner?

Like the bolt action is for anyone at the far end of the street to a certain point. Then its the AR15 to a certain point. Then the shotgun..etc

Also, what about the psychological effect on a group of people if you injure just one person in that group with a .22 instead of blasting everyone with an AK47?

What about your psychological health in that situation? Can you really kill?

·
Banned
630 Posts
Tackleberry,

Long range- bolt action 300 mag, bolt action 30.06s both scoped with long range scopes,
Israeli heavy barrel Fals scoped with 3X9 Variables

Medium Range-Fals with ACOGs 4X32, Ar15s w aimpoints

Short range- Ak 47s, AK 74s, rem pump shotguns

In my group, women and adolescents will utilize AR-15s and AK 74s

As far as killing goes, it is easy to kill someone shooting at you.....Psychologically, both my Son and Daughter, have been killing game since they were small and both have killed
either charging wild hogs or feral dogs...so it won't be difficult for them, as I said before when you feel the hot air from a bullet passing your ear your perceived fears leave.....

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
The idea of specific weapons to do specific tasks brings up the associated idea of the infantry squad or team concept. It's not a bad idea and it has proven effective for both the U.S. Army and the U.S.M.C. infantry groups.

When you discuss specific task weaponry, you are talking about firearms that cover both area situations and individual targets. For example a machinegun is used to cover trails, open areas or high speed approach areas. A rifle is used to engage lone targets or specific targets. When you couple all of this together you get an overlap of firepower or alternating firearms systems.

All this brings up the key question of, "How many people do you plan to have around you after SHTF?" Then you've got to think of, "Do you have enough firearms, ammo and food for everybody?" Keep in mind that when you have 12 guys, you are NOT looking at 12 individuals to form a military type squad. You are looking at 12 families. There is quite a bit of difference because that can easily mean you need to supply 48 people or more so that you can have the luxury of different weapons systems available.

So specific task firearms can create a lot of problems for a planner if they don't have the financial banking, supply resources and forethought to make the entire system work right. After all, if you do manage to get a machinegun system in place you don't want to wake up one morning to find out that your machinegun and gunner have taken off with all of his family because he wasn't happy not getting his food ration. So the idea of specific function firearms is a good one but it won't be an easy one to accomplish.

·
Getting Ready
1,025 Posts
I would never have to deal with ranges over 100 ft. Easily doable by both my effective guns.

but I do have a plan to meet with a group of friends who are better armed then myself and the general plan is pretty similar but shorter ranges.

T

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
MOST ppl do NOT have the skills to shoot long range. so unless your a trained snipper, i would stick to inside of 500yrds. and depending on where you live 100yrd may be a long range. so you need to look at your terrain as well, when considering weapons, unless your a REAL sniper that has been trained. and not a want-a-be armchair sniper.

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
we dont have any specific use weapons they are all genral use firearms.............

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
12,367 Posts
such as?.............
one semi-auto and one bolt action chambered for the same cartrige,two pistols chambered for the same cartrige a .22 and .410....the rifles are both scoped with quik detach mounts and they have there irons and i have hunted with both so they can fill the roll eather up close or far...my pistols and small game rifles likewise......we unfortunatly use nothing hi-cap:eek::..........

·
96 Posts
I look at firearms as a group of golf clubs.

Each has a purpose and intended range.

Only buy NATO calibers, since you will always be able to find it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts