Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to the local gun shop yesterday and was talking to the owner about gun rights, gun laws, Mr. O, etc., and he indicated to me that it is getting increasingly harder to find decent "assault"-type weapons. There were a couple of Thompson's (semi, Washington State) on the wall, a couple of Calico's, and some others, but he had NO AR's, AK's (or spinoffs), and said they come in very seldom and are gone that day.

Are any of you seeing this trend?

Just curious. Thanks for your input...

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
Are you kidding? That's what half of the recent threads here have been about. Things are drying up fast. I'm surprised he still had the calicos and the thompson.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the last AR-15 in Augusta, GA; and that was this afternoon. The only way that was possible, is that everyone had been to the store looking for them, then it arrived to the store; and no one bought it. So I am now the happy owner of a Colt AR-15 A2 Govt Carbine, 16 in Barrel (So technically its more of an M-4). :cool:

Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went down to the local gun shop yesterday and was talking to the owner about gun rights, gun laws, Mr. O, etc., and he indicated to me that it is getting increasingly harder to find decent "assault"-type weapons. There were a couple of Thompson's (semi, Washington State) on the wall, a couple of Calico's, and some others, but he had NO AR's, AK's (or spinoffs), and said they come in very seldom and are gone that day.

Are any of you seeing this trend?

Just curious. Thanks for your input...
What part of Washington you from?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I saw the same in NY tonight. Store which previosly was full of cheap AK's one left. No FN's at all. 1 AR. This store used to stock like 15 AR's at a time. Lots of Ruger mini 14's of all different types. Lots of Glocks and .45's.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Somethings going on though and nobody's talking. I have talked to several manufacturers and they say six months before lowers or rifles are available. These are outfits that live on selling lowers and rifles. Who is holding up the supply train here. Is it people trying to keep us from buying before Obama outlaws them or people holding up the supply so they can make a killing when the law is going through congress?:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
The prices of most receivers, kits and black rifles have almost all doubled. I really don't think anyone is holding out, it's just that there is that big of a demand and suppliers can't keep up.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Somethings going on though and nobody's talking. I have talked to several manufacturers and they say six months before lowers or rifles are available. These are outfits that live on selling lowers and rifles. Who is holding up the supply train here. Is it people trying to keep us from buying before Obama outlaws them or people holding up the supply so they can make a killing when the law is going through congress?:confused:

Ummm... more people buying.

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Bought an AR ealier this year for 799.00 last week at a local gun show there were about 20 AR's available in the entire building, the lowest price I saw was 1199.00 I think it will be a while till we see what the new prez will do, if he backs off maybe the prices will flatten if he moves against the 2nd in any way... KATIE BAR THE DOOR 1200.00 would have been a helluva bargin. And I agree don't forget the mags and ammo it will be all gone.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
Went to a gun show 2 weeks ago. There were AR type rifles available but they were $400 + more than they were 2 months ago. Cheap Ammo seems to go quick. I went to Sportsmans Warehouse last Saturday. The hangun rack was pretty bare. I saw no AR type Rifles. They did not have much ammo at all. 22's were even slim. If you needed 30.06 or 30.30 you were in luck. Also, My job requires that I go to peoples homes to make repairs. In the course of those repairs I can't help but notice their stock piles of ammunition. I thought I had alot, not anymore. I think alot of people are buying weapons and ammunition that they think may not be available in the near future. An Assault weapons ban is sure to be coming, I know someone introduced a bill in congress to tax ammunittion at a higher rate, this could be why more people are hoarding. Just my 2 cents.

·
I'm your huckleberry
656 Posts
The two shops I go to here in San Antonio only has bolt action or lever action rifles left. NO semi's anywhere to be seen. The ammo shelves have dried up as well as the reloading stuff. I guess this Obama stuff has all of us stocking up.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The feedback I see from a lot of places is that supplies of AKs, Mosins and other imports are drying up fast with no additional stock coming in.

Obama is not in office yet. There has been no firm word on AWB II being in consideration yet, and even if passed, there is always a grace period before it can take effect.

So why no imports coming in? Is it for the reason Malaz cited in the threads about financial troubles getting shipping across the pond, or something else?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
The feedback I see from a lot of places is that supplies of AKs, Mosins and other imports are drying up fast with no additional stock coming in.

Obama is not in office yet. There has been no firm word on AWB II being in consideration yet, and even if passed, there is always a grace period before it can take effect.

So why no imports coming in? Is it for the reason Malaz cited in the threads about financial troubles getting shipping across the pond, or something else?
There are moisins all over the place here. I hear reynolds wrap crinkling.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i talked to my local gun shop owner the other day, and expressed my concern of owning registered guns and the gov. knowing right where to go to get the goods. he basically said, if they offered you a job taking peoples guns would you take it? of course i said no, then he says not many others would either. he has a good point but people are giving up guns for $200 food vouchers!!! what other scams are they going to come up to obtain our firearms? and how many will actually be left to take? there are plenty of police and military willing to do this. in the mean time, make ammo $500+ per 1,000.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
i talked to my local gun shop owner the other day, and expressed my concern of owning registered guns and the gov. knowing right where to go to get the goods. he basically said, if they offered you a job taking peoples guns would you take it? of course i said no, then he says not many others would either. he has a good point but people are giving up guns for $200 food vouchers!!! what other scams are they going to come up to obtain our firearms? and how many will actually be left to take? there are plenty of police and military willing to do this. in the mean time, make ammo $500+ per 1,000.
I will take the job handing out the food vouchers!:D:

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
I just ordered three in stock AR lowers from Essential Arms. It seems the issue right now is that there are no blanks available if you do not already have them. From what I am now hearing sales went so deep that everyone is waiting on "basic" parts or castings. EA has lowers but that is about it, they are being really great as they are holding their prices at pre-panic prices. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts