Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an organization that has brought several lawsuits against the gubmint for subversion and disobedience of the constitution. Check them out at www.wethepeoplefoundation.org and www.givemeliberty.org. Check out their petitions and you can also sign them. I have been looking for organized groups that are standing up to defend the constitution, they can use all the support they can get so spread the word.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
This is an organization that has brought several lawsuits against the gubmint for subversion and disobedience of the constitution. Check them out at www.wethepeople.org and www.givemeliberty.org. Check out their petitions and you can also sign them. I have been looking for organized groups that are standing up to defend the constitution, they can use all the support they can get so spread the word.
Looks like an awesome cause!

We need more grassroots organizations in the country standing up for liberty. I hope my fellow survivalists-in-training will always strive to support the constitution of the united states.

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your support, however not to be disrespectful but if you support the "Patriot Act" and do not see the need for Americans to bear arms then I don't think you understand the meaning of these organizations and your support in fact devalues them. If you truly strive to support the constitution of the united states then you would see that the "Patriot Act" is a violation of this constitution and also you would see the need for the American people to bear arms. I think you should reevaluate you stance.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
I appreciate your support, however not to be disrespectful but if you support the "Patriot Act" and do not see the need for Americans to bear arms then I don't think you understand the meaning of these organizations and your support in fact devalues them. If you truly strive to support the constitution of the united states then you would see that the "Patriot Act" is a violation of this constitution and also you would see the need for the American people to bear arms. I think you should reevaluate you stance.
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support the constitution, specifically the parts of it that apply to me. Furthermore, I appreciate your right to use the other parts as you see fit.

I would give my soul to save the constitution. Laws that congress pass aren't the constitution, they're just laws plain and simple. The constitution will always be the top law of the land no matter what congress says or does. Therefore laws that they pass are irrelevant in many ways.

There have been many laws struck down by the supreme court over the years. I trust the judges to interpret the constitution in a fair way.

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irrelevant to who? Laws that congress pass are the laws that the police and the fbi agents will refer to when you ask them why they are kicking down your door for no reason, and you expect if I show them a copy of the constitution they will just say "Oh sorry didn't realize you had that, let me get my knee off your back and the darkened hood off your children" You can't pick and choose which parts of the constitution you decide to support because without one piece all the rest fall down like a house of cards.

·
Doomsayer
4,048 Posts
...specifically the parts of it that apply to me.
That would be the Bill of Rights LS. The Constitution is the parameters that the government is allowed to operate within. They, of course, are WAY beyond what it calls for.

Oh, and just have to say it, your statement that I quoted above, is about as shallow and selfish as it gets.

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the Bill of Rights and the Constitution in essence are one and the same since they are amendments to the Constitution.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
I can not help but respond to your post in this thread. In another thread on the Patriot Act you suported it with open arms and said it was a wonderful document designed to keep Americans safe and free. Now you want to support the constitution. I will just have to say that young lady or who ever you are you need to read and study this CONSTITUTION thing and the BILL OF RIGHTS might give you some good info. I am not trying to run you off the board but I am not sure what you stand for. You sound allot like someone who might have been banned from the board and you have found a way to reinvent yourself. Try and make sense when you speak of things like our beloved constitution. ask and allot of people here will give you links to understand the whole thing.

Looks like an awesome cause!

We need more grassroots organizations in the country standing up for liberty. I hope my fellow survivalists-in-training will always strive to support the constitution of the united states.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
I can not help but respond to your post in this thread. In another thread on the Patriot Act you suported it with open arms and said it was a wonderful document designed to keep Americans safe and free. Now you want to support the constitution. I will just have to say that young lady or who ever you are you need to read and study this CONSTITUTION thing and the BILL OF RIGHTS might give you some good info. I am not trying to run you off the board but I am not sure what you stand for. You sound allot like someone who might have been banned from the board and you have found a way to reinvent yourself. Try and make sense when you speak of things like our beloved constitution. ask and allot of people here will give you links to understand the whole thing.
I thought the patriot act was about protecting WE THE PEOPLE. Therefore I have supported it. I heard much about it on the news on TV and it sounded like a good thing, something worth supporting.

Of course I support the constitution. As I've said before there are parts that don't apply to me (I was never a slave), but other parts do apply. Some parts may apply to you more than they do to me, but it is still a beautiful document. I had a chance to see it on display at a museum in Washington DC once.

I would be happy to learn more if you care to share with me.

·
DONT TREAD ON ME
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I thought the patriot act was about protecting WE THE PEOPLE.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. – Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
"Patriot" act and the constitution are like oil and water..

Most people support it just because it has the word "Patriot" in it, without even reading it.. That's what congress did..

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
First I would read the Constitution and then the Bill of Rights just for starters. Not a one read thing read it over and over when you get to the bill of rights study each one of the bills and try and understand why they thought they were so important. You may find all the information you need to form a basic understanding of why Americans will defend this constitution to the death. You will understand better why we would give up our life so that others would be free. You may understand why the Patriot Act is not Patriotic but a disgrace of the use of the word Patriot. Read the documents and then you may gain what you need to speak for or against the constitution. You will know what the words mean that is what is important they are the guide lines for Freedom and Liberty. Once they are gone it will take two thousand years to get them back. We only fought for them for a little over two hundred years at this time. This time the enemy is much stronger and they are at your door and they want your life.
http://www.constitution.org/constit_.htm read the original not the revised addition which you can read later and see why they changed some of the wording to fit the needs of the few.

I thought the patriot act was about protecting WE THE PEOPLE. Therefore I have supported it. I heard much about it on the news on TV and it sounded like a good thing, something worth supporting.

Of course I support the constitution. As I've said before there are parts that don't apply to me (I was never a slave), but other parts do apply. Some parts may apply to you more than they do to me, but it is still a beautiful document. I had a chance to see it on display at a museum in Washington DC once.

I would be happy to learn more if you care to share with me.

·
Registered
880 Posts
This is an organization that has brought several lawsuits against the gubmint for subversion and disobedience of the constitution. Check them out at www.wethepeople.org and www.givemeliberty.org. Check out their petitions and you can also sign them. I have been looking for organized groups that are standing up to defend the constitution, they can use all the support they can get so spread the word.
I think you must mean www.wethepeoplefoundation.org ~ the first one you posted is a trash link site...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I did some work with We The People during the primaries. We did exit polling for Ron Paul. Good group of people...very dedicated to the cause!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts