Survivalist Forum banner

Do you support giving tax breaks to gun owners?

• Yes and I'm a foreigner who does own a gun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always supported the idea of giving tax breaks to gun owners. This would reward people who are performing their civic duty (owning a gun) and encourage more citizens to do the same. This would also lower crime, as more law-abiding citizens would own guns. Needless to say, this would have to be done in such a way that the government would prevent the government from using the tax breaks to determine who does and doesn't own a gun, as to not violate our freedom and privacy.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't want a tax break for being a gun owner because then the government would know what guns I own
Wait a minute, What guns? :)
yeah, what are you talking about? Only right wing nut jobs have weapons! and we are very anti-gun around here *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*:D:

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
No, we don't need a tax break. We need the gov't to stop micromanaging behaviour thru taxes and tax breaks.

I wish they could get on with the tasks that are enumerated in the constitution and stop concerning themselves with minutia which is none of their business.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Good point. Responsible people who own guns contribute to the security of a community, so why not reward them and encourage it?

I refrained from voting in the poll for privacy concerns.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I don't see how Constitutionally protected churches are exempt from taxes, yet Constitutionally protected arms and their ammo are not.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Nah let them make money, its no different than any other business that sells a product.
Yes the libertarian side of me says that too.

However I can't help but feel that people are being conned out of their money using a sophisticated scam that cunningly plays on people's need for spirituality, and that because of it's nature (ie: a reward that comes in the afterlife), cannot be proven to be bunk. Although if you look at the business model it's pretty obvious.

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
I don't see how Constitutionally protected churches are exempt from taxes, yet Constitutionally protected arms and their ammo are not.
Here let me explain to you. When churches receive funds, those funds have already been taxed at the individual level.

When protected arms and their ammo receive funds... oh wait, this doesn't make sense at all.

What a doofus comparison.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here let me explain to you. When churches receive funds, those funds have already been taxed at the individual level.

When protected arms and their ammo receive funds... oh wait, this doesn't make sense at all.

What a doofus comparison.
You mean like government subsidizing corn with taxpayer money, then creating "junk food taxes" on products made with that exact same corn? Isn't that being taxed twice on the same thing? Slippery slope, eh?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts