Born 120 years too late.
4,523 Posts
NOT THAT familiar with the Daisy line these days

Was that a spring gun or a multi pump?

Would seem to make a big difference.

·
Proud American Patriot
2,401 Posts
I don't think it takes a huge amount of power to kill a person with a shot to the eye, and even if it doesn't kill the person it will most likely destroy his eye.

Even an 8-year-old should have known better than to do this.

I remember when it was common for kids to have BB guns, and at least most of us knew better than to shoot a person with one, especially in the face.

Until we became teenagers. I remember a few times being stupid and having BB gun battles. But even as stupid as that was we made it a point to have eye protection.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,669 Posts
I don't think it takes a huge amount of power to kill a person with a shot to the eye, and even if it doesn't kill the person it will most likely destroy his eye.

Even an 8-year-old should have known better than to do this.

I remember when it was common for kids to have BB guns, and at least most of us knew better than to shoot a person with one, especially in the face.

Until we became teenagers. I remember a few times being stupid and having BB gun battles. But even as stupid as that was we made it a point to have eye protection.
Parents knew .... why else would several of us go to the river bottom with BB guns and motorcycle helmets.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Asahamed to say

I am ashamed to say that contrary to and unknown to my dad , we regularly shot each other with BB guns.

I was about eight.

The rule was that we never shot anyone above the waist .

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I mean really, who needs this sort of gun. Leave them for the military. I'm calling AOC.

https://people.com/human-interest/florida-teen-dies-after-accidentally-shot-in-the-eye-with-bb-gun/
You posted this thread in jest, But the truth is the anti-gun lobby would be happy to ban anything that is a gun whether it be real, bb or even rubber band gun. Had a discussion with an anti gunner who claimed even using your fingers as a pretend gun promulgates the gun violence culture and should be banned.

Reactions: Optimist

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
You posted this thread in jest, But the truth is the anti-gun lobby would be happy to ban anything that is a gun whether it be real, bb or even rubber band gun. Had a discussion with an anti gunner who claimed even using your fingers as a pretend gun promulgates the gun violence culture and should be banned.
Did you ask him what he thinks of the multimillion dollar violent movies out there, complete with guns and more?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope you gave the anti-gunner the other finger.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
(CNN)A Pennsylvania elementary school called the police after a kindergartner with Down syndrome made a finger gun at her teacher. Officials concluded there wasn't a threat, but the girl's mother said they went too far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts