Survivalist Forum banner

We aren't preppers, just investors

1901 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Rascals
We are simply investing in things that we believe will go up in price.

I can buy a can of tinned fruit for 20p. At minimum wage of £6, I can work for 1 hour and buy 30 of these cans, meaning 1 can costs 2 minutes of work. If SHTF, a can of tinned fruit will be worth a huge amount of money.. maybe you will be able to buy 1 single can if you work for 6 hours straight, meaning 1 can costs 360 minutes work, meaning the "price" of the can has increased by 180x, which is a mega-return on your investment.

Obviously our priority is survival, survival, survival.. but I tend to think of it in this way, too. I believe that food is never going to be cheaper than it is now, meaning no matter how much you "invest" in it, you will never lose. The same goes for all other survivalist items.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will go up?

They've been going up for years.
In just the last year wheat, corn, rice have gone up at least 25%.

Huge crop failures in Australia, Russia, China and the USA last year and this year isn't looking good either.
Prices themselves don't matter, what matters is the price relative to the average income. I used a measurement of "how many hours do I have to work to buy 1 unit of food?" because that is as absolute an indicator of "price" that we can get. I think in the times we are in now (or have been in recently), food is - in terms of working for each unit of food - the cheapest it will ever be, in the entire history of humankind. And with increasing populations combined with decreasing land and resources, and the threat of man-made disasters such as riots etc, I think the price can only go up, by huge amounts, which is why it's such an amazing investment that not many people think of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.