Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yeah, what bill. They are waisting our money talking.

And he is talking about them forcing them to stay there until they 'pass a bill'. Be glad you aren't in politics. Being locked up with democrats is not my idea of fun. Let alone being forced to be there.

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, what bill. They are waisting our money talking.

And he is talking about them forcing them to stay there until they 'pass a bill'. Be glad you aren't in politics. Being locked up with democrats is not my idea of fun. Let alone being forced to be there.
You may not like Democrats, but I sure LOVE this lady:

Look her up on youtube. I wish she represented MY state!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Good grief, people! He was speaking metaphorically!

Do you remember a couple years ago, when the Dems were filibustering judicial nominees, and the Repubs threaten the nuclear option? Did you really believe they were going to drop nukes on the Democrat legislators?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
653 Posts
Good grief, people! He was speaking metaphorically!

Do you remember a couple years ago, when the Dems were filibustering judicial nominees, and the Repubs threaten the nuclear option? Did you really believe they were going to drop nukes on the Democrat legislators?:rolleyes:
No, but I would have paid good money to see it happen!!!!!!

·
antisocialbutterfly
85 Posts
Thank goodness- not yet!

One of the comments to the YouTube mentions a less sinister possibility. I have not done the research on this yet.

"Martial Law is also a congressional term for forcing a bill to the floor for a vote shortly after negotiations are completed. This usually results in many members not having enough time to read the bill before voting on it, which is...wrong, but DO NOT MISTAKE THIS AS MILITARY MARTIAL LAW."

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Any mention of "marshal law" during a time like this where we have more tyranny occurring in the white house, congress and private banking system shouldn't be taken lightly. It seems that in THIS case, this is the less serious version of marshal law.. But the way it looks, the real marshal law is going to start this Wednesday when our own troops will be for the first time stationed on active duty here on our own soil to be used in the event of "civil unrest".. Um.. The POLICE are typically responsible for "civil unrest" in the standard definition.. Unless they are expecting something a little more atypical..

if this isn't a sign of marshal law, what is?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh my god. Do some research before you believe all the bull**** you see oin the internet. :rolleyes:

Martial Law, in the sense that this congressman was using it, refers to a rule that allows the expedition of law-making.

From http://www.dailypaul.com/node/64912

HOUSE LEADERSHIP INVOKES “MARTIAL LAW,” FORCING MEMBERS TO VOTE ON KEY BILLS WITHOUT FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THEY ARE VOTING ON: MOVE REPRESENTS EROSION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS
The House Republican Leadership has announced its intention to have the House vote, before adjourning on Friday or Saturday More.., on several major pieces of legislation that are not yet available to House members in final form because behind-closed-door negotiations on the proposals are still going on. The Leadership apparently intends to use a process known as “martial law” to allow these bills to be brought to the floor very shortly after negotiations are completed, with the result that Members of the House are likely to have virtually no time to examine and consider the details of the legislation before they will be required to vote on it.

Among the matters the House may be asked to vote on under martial law are a major conference report on pension legislation, a costly bill that would permanently reduce the estate tax and extend certain expiring tax provisions, and a bill that could combine a controversial health insurance proposal with an increase in the minimum wage (there also are reports that the estate tax, minimum wage, and expiring tax provisions may be combined into a single bill). The House Rules Committee on Thursday afternoon reported a resolution that would provide martial law authority in relation to all of these bills.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
Oh my god. Do some research before you believe all the bull**** you see oin the internet. :rolleyes:

Martial Law, in the sense that this congressman was using it, refers to a rule that allows the expedition of law-making.

HOUSE LEADERSHIP INVOKES “MARTIAL LAW,” FORCING MEMBERS TO VOTE ON KEY BILLS WITHOUT FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THEY ARE VOTING ON: MOVE REPRESENTS EROSION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS
The House Republican Leadership has announced its intention to have the House vote, before adjourning on Friday or Saturday More.., on several major pieces of legislation that are not yet available to House members in final form because behind-closed-door negotiations on the proposals are still going on. The Leadership apparently intends to use a process known as “martial law” to allow these bills to be brought to the floor very shortly after negotiations are completed, with the result that Members of the House are likely to have virtually no time to examine and consider the details of the legislation before they will be required to vote on it.

Among the matters the House may be asked to vote on under martial law are a major conference report on pension legislation, a costly bill that would permanently reduce the estate tax and extend certain expiring tax provisions, and a bill that could combine a controversial health insurance proposal with an increase in the minimum wage (there also are reports that the estate tax, minimum wage, and expiring tax provisions may be combined into a single bill). The House Rules Committee on Thursday afternoon reported a resolution that would provide martial law authority in relation to all of these bills.
You might show all the info, his source :

http://waronyou.com/forum...
Posted September 28th, 2008 by StaxBrix

The site: Created and paid for by Michael A. Nystrom, a concerned citizen. Not paid for by, nor officially affiliated in any way with Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Sort of looks like just another internet site to me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

If our troops weren't also being deployed on our own soil simultaneously, the term "marshal law" wouldn't create so much of an uproar.. But the fact is that this current administration, as well as most of congress has been chipping away at the constitution for some time now. Anyone who disagrees is mental. And this fact along with a member of congress using the term "marshal law" is more than enough reason for concern, regardless of how he meant it.

It isn't a stretch to believe that full blown marshal law will occur here before the election. People who are awake to what is going on behind the scenes have seen it coming for some time. People who are asleep to this stuff will be blindsided by it.

We've sen it during Katrina, and it is eventually going to happen all over.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Until I get confirmation from another source, I won't believe it. Damn. Two more weeks till payday. I need to get an AK.
If you have any kind of decent credit, and are short on cash, and if you have a Gander Mountain retailer near you, ask if they will issue you a Gander Mountian credit card to you. This is of course, the last gasp measure anyone would want to do, but, I personally feel, the window of opportunity for purchasing an AK or any other assault weapon is coming to a close sooner than anyone might think. If it is true we are under some sort of Martial Law, then expect a freeze on buying assault weapons, possibly even permanently.

My Gander Mountian gun dealer I deal with personally, has told me many times, that something just doesn't smell right in the wind, regarding gun sales and purchases. The Manager of G.M. has also told me, that he is very worried about it also. He said if the gov't shuts down his gun dept. the store will go out of business...gun/ammo sales are their cash cow.

Better hurry up and get that weapon soon.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Anyone in need of an assault type rifle who is holding back due to cost, look at the SKS Yugos that many gun shops seem to have a few of.. They are as reliable as the AK, cost less (I got one mint at $170 still soaked with cosmoline) and it performs as well as an AK at less than half the cost. Shoots the same round and you can spend what you saved on the AK purchase on a lot of Wolf ammo boxes.. Last I checked at my local store, the 7.62X39 20 round box was only $4.99..

The SKS has a 10 round fixed magazine, which in my opinion is about as easy to load as the AK is.. But you have to reload after every 10 rounds as opposed to the standard 20 or 30 round mags that you get with the AK.. That said, it may be a decent trade off because you DON'T have to worry about the malfunctioning mags, as the fixed mag on the Yugos is extremely reliable..

Just my 2 cents. Something to consider..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Get a TAPCO catalog, and you can convert that SKS to an assault weapon like clone.
20 round mag's, adjustable stock, and the whole schmere...
I've done two of them alike in fully black configuration, with bayonets still intact.
They look really mean, and function perfectly. I paid $ 99.oo for mine at Gander Mountain last year when they had them on sale. My AK's were $199 ea. 7.62x39 Double stackers too. They might be Century Arms versions, but, I consider them beaters, and disposable.

Take a look here;

http://www.tapco.com/catalog.aspx?id=75

http://www.tapco.com/catalog.aspx?id=39

It is my weapons that cost me a Grand ea. that I will not surrender, or toss.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeah, I never wanted to mess with mine and liked that original vibe it has, but those tapco stocks are easy to install and do make the gun look more modern.

I think that paying $199 for an AK is a steal, and if you can find one at those prices, I'd go for it over the SKS because the AK's are easier to hide and are shorter. All i've seen around my area are above $400.

·
wage slave
251 Posts
are there military checkpoints, armor, soldiers,?
I live in west central Nebraska, and recently the state patrol has been receiving extra funds to do "safety checks" on the roads. Some people have gotten the idea that these may be less about our safety and more about control.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts