Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One area that doesn't seem to be discussed that much, is an attack on our nations electric grid. I know I have heard said , joking I hope, a squirell gets fried by a transformer in Nebraska, lights go out in North Carolina! Hopefully this is an exageration, but many of these transformer stations are a threatened by a direct attack, but it seems our Russian and Chinese 'allies' are finding ways to hack into our electric grid and "map it". Precurser to invasion or to crippling whats left of the economy?

http://parabook.wordpress.com/2009/...ic-grid-going-to-be-taken-down-by-terrorists/

Any thoughts on this one?

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Reminds me of a story that happened about 2 summers ago. We heard this God awful BANG!!! More like a Cannon going off.... and the house goes dead. Everybody runs outside from the horrific Cannon sound. (the neighborhood transformer is right in my backyard). Sure enough... there was the squirrel laying in the alley. The Electric Company dude shows up.... takes 1 look at the transformer above and the squirrel below.... and says... "Don't cha hate it when these squirrels commit suicide?"

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea I wouldn't worry about it......Too much..... Well maybe if your in a metro area or on the coasts. While the grid is technically interconnected there are many different control zones and control entities, CALISO, MISO, ERCOT, PJM etc. System operators do control some automatic switch's and transmission lines etc but do not have direct control over generation assets. The cascading failure the East saw a few years ago was caused by trees and pisspoor relay maintenance that has been addressed. The reason it didn't go further is due to operators seeing the voltage fluctuation and seperating before it got any futher West...They might get some areas but not the whole country at once. Another thing to remember is that the early warning system will self generate power in the event of a major outage.....for what it's worth.......

·
American Infidel
2,670 Posts
One area that doesn't seem to be discussed that much, is an attack on our nations electric grid. I know I have heard said , joking I hope, a squirell gets fried by a transformer in Nebraska, lights go out in North Carolina! Hopefully this is an exageration, but many of these transformer stations are a threatened by a direct attack, but it seems our Russian and Chinese 'allies' are finding ways to hack into our electric grid and "map it". Precurser to invasion or to crippling whats left of the economy?

http://parabook.wordpress.com/2009/...ic-grid-going-to-be-taken-down-by-terrorists/

Any thoughts on this one?

I think our enemies( china, russia, islamic militants, etc) are watching us crumble and licking their lips.

Mark my words, if S truly HTF here and we fall in to a true meltdown we will be attacked. There are nations and factions that have been waiting for a long time for America to be weak.

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
Here's another thought: the whole story could have been fabricated to "persuade" the public to get the government involved into control of electrical grid. More control, more legislature, more money for the gov's friends...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I don't think a suicidal squirel in nebraska would make NC go dark, but you are right to worry about the electric grid. It's old and not up to date in most places and very over loaded. IF I were going to freak out America as a terrorist, that's what I'd go for,:xeye:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
national grid here is allready owned by the arabs and based in the uk,they would lose a lot of money if it went down.we bought there oil now there buying up power companys when the oil runs out they will still have control over us but in another way.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Here's another thought: the whole story could have been fabricated to "persuade" the public to get the government involved into control of electrical grid. More control, more legislature, more money for the gov's friends...
Good idea but in this case I disagree. There have been many reports over recent years of snooping and cyber sabotage attempts traced back to Russian and Chinese government computers. The danger has been real for quite some time, predating President Obama.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts