Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are running out of time.

Financially this nation went bankrupt two years ago. US could not sell enough debt to finance deficit. “Printing”, creating money out of thin air ever since and buying our own debt.

Now that game is coming to an end. Even if “debt limit” is raised who is going to buy it? I can hear somebody saying “Chinese”…. Somebody living is in the deep cave for a while!

Chinese bough close to a trillion of US debt in a decade or so and dumped a lot of it in the last year. US Treasury keeps re-classifying British owned treasuries as Chinese owned ones in an attempt top cover it up. Will Chinese buy about two trillions of US debt in ONE year? You want to hear mister Hu laugh? Say that again!

So, back to Federal Reserve (which is neither Federal nor Reserve).
They will create another trillion or two and buy US debt with it. Last year they created between five and twelve trillions depending on who is counting. Some went to US, some to foreigners, some to off the books bailouts.

Now it is The Race. Race between USD and Euro. Race to the bottom. Europeans are doing more or less same thing with Euro. Which one will hit the hard pavement of reality first? Flip the coin. Euro or US quarter. Heads or tails… they will land within few days of each other.

Then what? Biggest mess of human history. Bloodbath and chaos likeness of which never seen before. I could make some predictions there but you will call me a nutcase…. Oh, wait, you already did.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Chill, pickle. We are always running out of time. And besides, you are preaching to the choir on this site. I think maybe you should start preparing mentally as well as socking away preps. You sound freaked out and panicky. Nobody likes to be around panicky people. Make a plan, it will calm you down and make you feel more in control. Breathe...cues REM...it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chill, pickle. We are always running out of time. And besides, you are preaching to the choir on this site. I think maybe you should start preparing mentally as well as socking away preps. You sound freaked out and panicky. Nobody likes to be around panicky people. Make a plan, it will calm you down and make you feel more in control. Breathe...cues REM...it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...
Panicky? I was there when USSR fell apart. I do not panic I remember.

Very shortly USofA will fall. It is going to be a lot uglier this time.
When USSR fell most of the world could not care much. It was just “overthere”, Now it is coming overhere.

When USSR fell apart all major trades went to USD, everybody dug up every piece of land and grew garden and country as a whole sold everything that is not nailed down to “the West”. Oil, gas, metals… What US will go to for currency and what will it sell? More US Treasuries?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes, it is coming, not much we can do to stop it. Just keep prepping and hope for the best. I DO NOT look forward to this at all! I sense many will die when it all falls apart. I am keeping my 2 month old grandson tonight, I fear for his future....

·
Registered
989 Posts
I just have this bad feeling I will never see the retirement I have put over forty years investing in! Hope I have enough preps!
Well to be fair, don't you believe that stock market investing (i.e. 401k programs) was a bit of a scam to begin with? I mean you didn't actually do any work, you were at best committing usury and at worst tricking people to buy something that you knew had no actual value to you to begin with.

Forgive me if your retirement plans were something other than the stock market. I'm no saint in this regard either, because I've played with stocks in the past, but I recognized from the beginning it was a pyramid scheme and the last person holding the bag (many times being me) was the loser.

So if you think about it, if the dollar implodes and everyone loses their paper wealth, then the only person people can blame is themselves. They were complicit from the beginning.

·
Liberty or Death!
679 Posts
Is time running out? Who knows? Certainly not anyone on here. If we panicked for every chicken little we'd be worn out pretty quick here. For the most part I believe the cause of "the end" is irrelevant. What you do after is what counts. America has gone through tough times before and survived and nobody can say we won't do it again. Panicking at every little threat only bolsters the opinions that everyone who prepares is a nut job. I'd agree with them when it comes to some people on here.

·
Registered
550 Posts
When USSR fell apart all major trades went to USD, everybody dug up every piece of land and grew garden and country as a whole sold everything that is not nailed down to “the West”. Oil, gas, metals… What US will go to for currency and what will it sell? More US Treasuries?
Bartering will come back into style until a new fiat system is established or we return to the gold standard.

It will definitely be a hard, painful fall. But what else can you do but keep trudging along? I'm definitely not going to crawl into a bunker, wetting my pants in fear and give up. S**t happens. You deal with it and move on. There will be no whiners at Stay The Hell Out Ranch (my place).

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is time running out? Who knows? Certainly not anyone on here. If we panicked for every chicken little we'd be worn out pretty quick here.

This time it is not a chicken it is the Eagle.

I have yet to see anybody explaining how we are going to get out of this one. US owes more money then there is money (owes more USD then USD issued). Several times more then GDP. Greece looks like properly managed country compared to US. Properly managed country without 1000 bases in 120 countries, three-four wars and few other problems.

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
Well after seeing on the news the celebration of Chinese workers after completing a section of the SF Bay bridge, I expect we have done sold the rope that is hanging us.

It seems that California, in order to save money, outsourced to China to build replacement sections for the Bay bridge damaged years ago in a earthquake. Thats right, although California is suffering from high unemployment it is better to have people over seas build this and ship it over here. I was flabbergasted to have seen this as a quick blurb on the news with no thought than, "Neat, look at the firecrackers" that the workers were letting go to signify completion of the project

Oh well it should be interesting to watch. They say you can get used to being hanged if you hang long enough.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Oh it's coming.....no doubt. It will be tough, especially on the younger generation that don't know a lot about digging in the dirt, where food comes from, and which end of the barrel the bullet comes out of. No matter the predicament, those that will come through it will be the ones that have determination, will power, and sheer grit. A sense of humor will also be a benefit. We have a long row to hoe I believe.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A List of Shortage Items might help you

does anyone have a non-copyrighted list to share for him? It would be a great and accurate basis for a plan.

Laus Deo
overbore

·
Just a tad bit insane
539 Posts
does anyone have a non-copyrighted list to share for him? It would be a great and accurate basis for a plan.

Laus Deo
overbore
on a bob. I got one but its a little of a sand box based and a bit heavy? or a basic prepping plan. rawles I think has one on survivalblog. but let me see. worse case I know its in one of my books and I can tell him were to find it?
we also got these on the site

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=138589
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=173091

these are from survival blog giving links so no violation
http://www.survivalblog.com/newbies.html
note: cottonballs with vaseline. strike a serated cheapy knife and watch the sparks. they ignite like mad.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well after seeing on the news the celebration of Chinese workers after completing a section of the SF Bay bridge, I expect we have done sold the rope that is hanging us.

It seems that California, in order to save money, outsourced to China to build replacement sections for the Bay bridge damaged years ago in a earthquake. Thats right, although California is suffering from high unemployment it is better to have people over seas build this and ship it over here. I was flabbergasted to have seen this as a quick blurb on the news with no thought than, "Neat, look at the firecrackers" that the workers were letting go to signify completion of the project

Oh well it should be interesting to watch. They say you can get used to being hanged if you hang long enough.
Quoting Lenin?

We got a new Tacoma Narrows bridge built not long ago. Whole deck was built in S Korea and assembled on site in Tacoma WA.

This country went insane outsourcing everything. Forget the “Made in China” sticker on everything. Now every time I pick up the phone to call customer service for local anything I end up talking to somebody in India.

Suicide of the nation.

Even now. There are still some fools running around screaming: “We are still the biggest manufacturer of the world!” Never mind that even officially we are not even in addition to all super inflated US manufacturing numbers fueled by trillions of Government spending. Spending fake money on wars and bailouts. Never mind that US manufacturing, mining and even agriculture are in severe deficit for a long time now.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts