Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Australia is in the same boat as the rest of the world:

EMP/Solar Flare knocks out power for one to two years.

Nuclear Blast
http://sureynot.com/v/720/day-after-disaster.html

Sea Level Rise

Indonesian/China Invasion.

Ice Age from Global Warming

CyberAttack

I think the biggest threat we have is water, if the Murry river drys up we will have a lot of farms and people without water. I cant find the video of Alex Jones but it showed how John Howard made a deal with United States to allow half the Australian population to move there if the drought did not end. Also lets not forget Economic collapse and war.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also something we should all know is how the United Nations are taking over land around the world to insure they are managed correctly. But that simple means they will be in charge of our land and fresh water.

The Desertification Treaty claims jurisdiction over 70% of the earth's land area -- virtually all of the land that is not covered by the Convention on Biological Diversity. Moreover, this new treaty creates a structure through which all other environmental treaties are supposed to be integrated under a common United Nations implementation regime. A companion treaty is now being developed by the U.N. Commission on Water for the 21st Century. The United Nations is, in fact, creating the structure in international law and, through its extensive bureaucracies, to control the use of all natural resources on earth. (Henry Lamb, 2009.(http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=18828)

It may seem the United Nations are doing a good thing when trying to control resource so as to not waste them, but our ancestors fought and struggled to make this land theirs for us to live off and I really do not like the idea that a couple of show of hands in the united nations can dictate in one minute what took years of struggle to acquire. Lets not forget Over Population around the world, the United Nations will have to deal with that too.

Convention on Biological Diversity seeks to sustain the underlying processes (e.g. energy and nutrient transfers, evolution, population growth and regulation, community succession) that allow life to continue and respond to disturbance and change. We are within the sixth large extinction event that has been documented over geological times and such a crisis situation requires large-scale responses. (http://www.maf.govt.nz/mafnet/rural-...-report-01.htm)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Global warming is making the sea level rise and Indonesia is going to be one of the hardest hit by this, to survive they will invade Australia by the millions. To make this worse United Nations will most properly expect us to allow them into Australia, we have so much free space it would be the only logical thing in every one's mind. With an expected 19% of the Indonesian population going to be effected by sea levels rising and many others seeing a chance to come and live in Australia, we can expect over 50 million will come onto our shores. It is hard to predict how global warming is going to effect the sea level and at what speed it will rise but one thing is for sure, Australia is the only place for them to go when it does rise. With Indonesia made up of many islands they have a large network of fishing and transport boats, if they needed to come to Australia they would have no difficulty getting here on mass.

With so many people predicted to enter Australia we will most probably try to control their movements which can eventually start a war. Due to lack of people power we would most probably lose the war and if so, our best option for survival would be to fortify Tasmania and wait there until we can take Australia back. Most countries around the world would be having the same problems with sea levels rising as we are, so we can not expect help from the USA or England for a considerable time.

Most Pacific Islands and the Maldives Islands in the Indian Ocean are already asking Australia and New Zealand if they can relocate their 400 000 inhabitants to our lands. Australia has said no but New Zealand is still considering it. A scientific guess has put the rising sea levels at one meter by the end of this century, this would flood many major city's around the would and the ones that are only effected a little will have greater sea surges during storms which would flood them anyway.

If carbon levels are not stop and then also reduced world wide, which is impossible due to India and China wanting to become like America, sea levels will rise much faster. Indonesia being an island nation, sea level rising would force many Indonesians to leave their islands that are not habitable anymore and move to the already populated ones. One thing you have to understand is if civil war were to start in Indonesia due to sea level rising or any other reason, many people would flee to Australia. This means that even if sea level rising does not seriously effect Indonesia there is a good chance they will be forced to come anyway. But if sea levels rose by 1.5 to 2 meters by the end of this century they would invade Australia.

Something you should all know about Indonesia is that its population is 250 million, and with its current growth rate it is expected to double by 2025. Even if we stop sea level rising they are going to become so over populated that they are going to have to expanded their county to all of Papua new guinea and eventual northern Australia. With around 100 000 Australian mothers having apportion every year, our population is not increasing that much, we could never stand up to Indonesia. You may say America will help us but you have to understand, the Indonesian army will not be invading Australia, it will be millions of Indonesians. Indonesia is made up of 19 000 islands but only 6000 of them are inhabitable, and the ones that are inhabited have mountains and large hills on them that reduce the amount of land that can be lived on.

Many school kids and adults in Indonesia think that the north of Australia is owned by Indonesia. This is due to maps in schools and others used by the general public been made in the olden days by the European Dutch colonies that mapped the northern parts of Australia. They lay claim to the north of Australia and included it on their maps when they also owned most of Indonesia.

What will we do if they all want to live in Australia, who knows?

One thing for sure is, we have a big country with only 2.6 people per squire kilometer we have too much space. In times of real need, the United Nation will force the Australian people to allocate land to people like Indonesians to use if they run out of space from rising sea levels or over population. I mean look what happened in Israel, United Nation gave nearly half the land to the Jews when everyone new that Palestinians had been living there for over 1000 years.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I'm not saying I believe all (or any) of this stuff is going to happen, but the "prepping" required for it is just the same as anything else, so I should be better off than the majority of the population :)

Keep prepping, and keep your eyes on what is going on around the world, and if your brave try and educate a couple of people (without coming off as crazy) and thats about all you can do :)

I dont know if you have seen "Crash Course" by Chris Martenson major9985, but thats a good doco, and in my eyes a bit more "realistic" or believable.

Starts here, the follow the links to each next section:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not saying I believe all (or any) of this stuff is going to happen, but the "prepping" required for it is just the same as anything else, so I should be better off than the majority of the population :)

Keep prepping, and keep your eyes on what is going on around the world, and if your brave try and educate a couple of people (without coming off as crazy) and thats about all you can do :)

I dont know if you have seen "Crash Course" by Chris Martenson major9985, but thats a good doco, and in my eyes a bit more "realistic" or believable.

Starts here, the follow the links to each next section:

YouTube- Crash Course: Chapter 1 - Three Beliefs by Chris Martenson
Everything I have stated is very real, look into what I say before even considering that anything I have state is not a real threat right now.

NASA is saying 2012 solar flare and they have happened before

Please post any information that may contradict anything I have stated.

Also if you have any questions about anything that I have posted please ask and I will post more Information.

·
Registered
450 Posts
major:
And I suspect you are a majpr, am I correct?
The scenario you describe is certainly very possible.
And with your population and geographic distribution the Australian continent and NZ and Tasmania could all be overrun. And you are probably right that the UN would "expect" you to give up your country to this invasion.
I only can say this. Canada is of a very similar culture as Australia and NZ and being underpopulated for our land mass also, we have lots of room for like minded folks.
If your position becomes untenable I suspect you would find we would send charter flights to get all of you out and over here that wanted to come.
Your entire population would not cause crowding in this country.
If we combined our populations (and given our combined military prowess) I would like to see the UN try taking this place away from us.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
major:
And I suspect you are a majpr, am I correct?
The scenario you describe is certainly very possible.
And with your population and geographic distribution the Australian continent and NZ and Tasmania could all be overrun. And you are probably right that the UN would "expect" you to give up your country to this invasion.
I only can say this. Canada is of a very similar culture as Australia and NZ and being underpopulated for our land mass also, we have lots of room for like minded folks.
If your position becomes untenable I suspect you would find we would send charter flights to get all of you out and over here that wanted to come.
Your entire population would cause crowding in this country.
If we combined our populations (and given our combined military prowess) I would like to see the UN try taking this place away from us.
You will be amazed how much control the united nations have over our lands, the Canadian World Heritage List is a good place to start.

* Nahanni National Park #
* Dinosaur Provincial Park
* Kluane / Wrangell-St Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek # * 5

* Wood Buffalo National Park
* Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks # 6

* Gros Morne National Park

* Waterton Glacier International Peace Park *
* Miguasha National Park

* Joggins Fossil Cliffs

Another interesting point about Canada is that Global Warming is opening up a great amount of your country and if the united states climate changes to a drought prone country they maybe in the same boat we where in when we nearly ran out of water. I think Atlanta had only one week of water left a couple of years ago.

No I am not a Major, it is a Battlefield video game name that has stuck.

·
Registered
450 Posts
major:
Sorry I missed a critical word in a sentence. It should have read:
"Your entire population would not cause crowding in this country."
Apologiies.
Anyway you have made some really good points.
I personally think we declared those places UN world heritage sites because UN money goes with the designation.
That way we get some of the tons of money back we give that worthless organization.
If they actually tried to tell us what we could and couldn't do in those places in a national crisis situation I think and hope we would tell them where they could go.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
I am curious about something ....

Aside from the water supply issue (let's suppose for this scenario water is not a problem) ....

Can Australia support it's current population with no food imports by only growing food (plant and animal) on the Australian continent, or are imports
necessary to sustain the human population?

Also, what percentage of the current Australian population can be sustained by internal agriculture alone, without imports?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts

Aside from the water supply issue (let's suppose for this scenario water is not a problem) ....

Can Australia support it's current population with no food imports by only growing food (plant and animal) on the Australian continent, or are imports

Also, what percentage of the current Australian population can be sustained by internal agriculture alone, without imports?

Australia is a food exporting nation ;)

·
Ockham's Razor
67 Posts
wow there really is a lot of fear in a lot of those vids

sure its something to think about and make preparations/strategies for
i know i am... (bit by bit)

but there's no use getting all worked up over it
keeping a level head is going to get you a lot further....

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Australia is a food exporting nation ;)
I should elaborate though, because if we where to live of internal agriculture our diet would be somewhat different.

I am not expert in this area, so you may want to go find a different site that will be more accurate than my "off the top of my head from memory" knowledge, but...

We export a lot of wheat and beef. We import a lot of vegetables (though we do grow quite a few vegetables of our own)

I imagine if we where to live off what we grow we would be eating a lot more wheat in our diets.

We grow quite a lot of fruit also, so I dont think we would have a supply problem there.

Additionally on top of all this, when food here is out of season, we import the food from other countries that are in season (fresh foods that cannot be stored this is), so you need to consider that also.

I honestly dont know exactly what would happen and what our diet would be if we had to live off our own produce all of a sudden, but I certainly don't think we would starve to death (unless the reason we can no longer import food is oil related, we are a net oil importer, and could run into food/agriculture problems if we run into oil problems, then again, i expect in such a scenario personal driving would be banned and agriculture would be given priority use of our oil production)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow there really is a lot of fear in a lot of those vids

sure its something to think about and make preparations/strategies for
i know i am... (bit by bit)

but there's no use getting all worked up over it
keeping a level head is going to get you a lot further....
I tend to think knowing about these threats and having somewhat of a plan to deal with them is what gives me a level head. I just find it hard to believe that many Australian do not feel we are at risk, when we live in a country that is in the middle of Asia.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Move to the US?

No offense, but HELL NO! :D: An Ex of mine is over there in western Mass.
I will stay here and take my chances thanks......
Its hard to believe but if there is a major water shortage where would we go? I would think New Zealand but last time I checked that have been having some major droughts too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

We even export Rice to Asia :cool:

·
Just plain snarky.
5,967 Posts
This is just from the top of my head, but I vaguely remember during the last drought that our rice crop, which was down to 5 % of usual expected yield, could feed 1 million people in full production.

As to water- if things got real dry, there is always desal and nuclear power- but that needs a long leadtime and would be horrifically expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing for sure is, we have a big country with only 2.6 people per squire kilometer we have too much space. In times of real need, the United Nation will force the Australian people to allocate land to people like Indonesians to use if they run out of space from rising sea levels or over population. I mean look what happened in Israel, United Nation gave nearly half the land to the Jews when everyone new that Palestinians had been living there for over 1000 years.
I disagree with you, that was in the 40-es and an american instalation to have control over islamic countries. UN would not dare to order a rich country to help enviromental refugees especially coal rich country and food exporter.
I do not know why are you panicing when i saw you imigration laws they are draconic compared with the ey and usa.

Sorry about the bad english i am from macedonia

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I disagree with you, that was in the 40-es and an american instalation to have control over islamic countries. UN would not dare to order a rich country to help enviromental refugees especially coal rich country and food exporter.
I do not know why are you panicing when i saw you imigration laws they are draconic compared with the ey and usa.

Sorry about the bad english i am from macedonia
You will be amazed how much western country's are being flooded by refugees and withing only a couple of centuries white Anglo Saxons and the like will only be a race that people rarely see due to cross breeding and us not having our own lands...they all come live in or countries but we don't go live in theirs.....this is all due to Ethics, we have to follow ethics and when sea levels rise we will have to then too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.