Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
.22 Long Rifle in my opion is a good round for shooting Squirrels for eating. If you dont plan on eating em' and you are killing them to get rid of them a nice AR-15 .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle seems to work good. At least it works good for me. One Shot One Kill with that that Round VS a Squirrel!

·
Banned
486 Posts
Kill it with fire .

Shooting in bean town will get you locked up , let us know how it goes .

****ing southy .

Hey pal nothing wrong with folks from South Boston! Good Hardworkin' folks live there!

Got many buddies that live or lived in South Boston!

Only problem is that there Redsoxs fans!

BIG NEW YORKER HERE ! SO saying im a Yankees fan is an Understatement!

·
Registered
8 Posts
.22LR to the head is best in my opinion. That is if you plan on having much left to eat. Besides .22 is a lot cheaper than .17 and it's not like you take squirrels from long shots anyway. Most of the time it's within 30 yards. Same goes for rabbits. Most important thing is find what ammo shoots best in your rifle. Mine happens to be CCI Velocitors and the Golden Bullets are a close second.

·
Registered
394 Posts
dependin on where you are if your in a moderatly populated area with 2 acrs of land a .177 cal is what i use, a .22 will carry up to a mile that wont be good cause a stray round may end up hurtin somthin or sombody but otherwise with enough land .22 is the best for that

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
everybody mentions .22 long but never short.
anybody use .22 short for squirrel?
.177 has been going down in price gradually.

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
.22LR is best IMHO. .17HMR is good, but why over-do it?

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Lot's of apples and oranges going on here.
Are we talking about the comparison between a .177 and .22 caliber air rifles or a .177 air rifle and a .22 L,S,or LR firearm?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Lot's of apples and oranges going on here.
Are we talking about the comparison between a .177 and .22 caliber air rifles or a .177 air rifle and a .22 L,S,or LR firearm?
I thought it was about nailing a squirrel and getting the most meat.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
With an animal that small, the less damage to the meat the better. I would probably hunt squirrel with a .177 pellet gun.

Reactions: JR and Highlander
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.