Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone should have a 72hr kit, with food, water, radio, first aid, etc. to last you and your family for the first 3 days of a SHTF, situation.
(Unless of course you have a 72 day, or 72 month kit.)

But it’s nice to have a kit ready, so you know that you have 3 days of supplies at hand, in order to give you some breathing time, to plan for the next 72 days or 72 months.
--------------------------------------------------
My kit, for my wife and I is kept in the car and in it is just enough water to keep us hydrated, for 3 days; The kit is not big enough to hold extra water for cleaning.

Now I know that body odor won’t be an issue, right after the SHTF, but other things can happen, if you go for three days without bathing. (a rash for example)
(Pain and discomfort, might distract you at a crucial time.)

Unless of course, you don’t sweat.

I have tested a product, that seems to work well, when there is no time for a bath and it does wonders, for those “tight areas” that can cause us problems.

http://www.tucksbrand.com/medicated-pads

It’s active ingredient is Witch Hazel, and it does a great job.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,637 Posts
I've been weeks with out a bath. 3 days wont kill me.

You know, water is so vital, if the bulk of your kit is clean water, your doing good.

A lot of the other stuff, are essential, but water is Vital. I don't solely depend on one of those awesome travel filters. They are great, but I'd rather know I have what I need right now.

So here at work, I keep a stash of bottled water.

Reactions: stilllearning

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have a small essentials backpack (9kg) no food or water in it but a katadyn water filter and a bladder.
I also have several 5kg bags (satchels) with just water and a heap of others with just consumables (mostly food).
Also a winter satchel (10kg)

The backpack is essential (covers one to ten people)
The others as to needs and porters available

The consumables ones have food, vitamin pills, pain killers, batteries, toilet paper, wet ones, matchs, a couple of emergency blankets etc all those things that get consumed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.