Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are fortunate enought to have a new baby in our lives. So we are buying tons of Nursery water, for those of you not familiar with this product it is supposedly ultra pure water you can use to mix your babies powdered formular.

The water comes in 1 gallon jugs similar to milk jugs but thicker and with better caps. So as a preper I was woundering if I could fill these back up with water and have a basically free add on to my water storage. The only thing I worry about is that the cap is not as sturdy as that of a 2 liter bottle so I wonder if the water will keep for any length of time and or leak over time.

Any comments or advice is welcome

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
its distilled h20, don't waste your money....

·
I am whatever I say I am
1,308 Posts
Those jugs are bio-degradable, within they will start falling apart and leaking chemicals into water. Instead, get something specifically for long-term water storage (these are usually colored in blue). If you are short on space, get several "Aquatainers", they are sturdy, hold 7 gallons each and can be stored almost anywhere in the house. If space is not an issue, get 30- or 55-gallon drums (again, make sure they are to be used specifically for water storage).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts