Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BOB vest multi pocket Jacket. I want to put a form of water purification in one of the pockets. Which is best the tablets purification or liquid form?

Also I have to get a purification kit for my main Bag, Im thinking of a Katadyn kit or a purification straw - which would you recommend?

Thanks for your continuing assistance.

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
I would go with a few of the Aquamira Tablets and a Reynolds cooking bag or a Purification straw as a 'first tier' (always on your person in a pocket or survival tin). The Reynolds cooking bag will allow you more durable storage of any water, plus allow you to purify it as well.

http://readiness-survival.com/disas...d-storage/reynolds-cooking-bags-survival-kit/

I would also add a Katadyn filter in my BOB as well as some additional tabs and another storage bladder. All about redundancy.:D:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've been happy using Micropur tablets for years now when I backpack. I also carry some in my kits and even in my purse. Not really any taste and after using every day for weeks at a time, no side effects.

I would also consider a straw too and a bag for collection like OW suggested.

·
Healthy Skeptic
254 Posts
I would go with a few of the Aquamira Tablets and a Reynolds cooking bag or a Purification straw as a 'first tier' (always on your person in a pocket or survival tin). The Reynolds cooking bag will allow you more durable storage of any water, plus allow you to purify it as well.
The bag is a great idea, but I'd recommend a gallon or larger ziplock. The Reynolds oven bags, while large, are actually pretty fragile. I've popped more than a couple while brineing turkey's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts