Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,044 Posts
I have three Aquapods. Same deal as Waterbob.

Here's the thing with these bladders: They only have value if you know there's a pending shortage of water, and you're home, and you have time to fill it up before the water stops flowing from the tap.

I have five other ways of getting water, from stored water to calcium hypochlorite to filters to my water heater. The Aquapods are simply an adjunct or addendum but I am not counting on them as a first line of defense--or even third or fourth line of defense.

They may have more value in places where people can anticipate water shortages, such as during power outages. You see a hurricane coming, you fill your tub with one of these things as a prep. Something like that.

My morning commute is about six minutes; reasonable to assume I might, given any warning at all, be able to get home and fill the tubs--you see, I do not want to break into my stores if I can avoid it.

And even if my car should stop working (EMP?), I'm probably a 30-40 minute walk from home, so I still would have a good chance to fill up.

But I'm not counting on that, not at all. It's simply my sixth line of defense.

Reactions: Zulu Cowboy

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Here's the thing with these bladders: They only have value if you know there's a pending shortage of water, and you're home, and you have time to fill it up before the water stops flowing from the tap.
Why is that? I'm planning on getting a 500-1000 gallon water bladder/pillow tank to store reclaimed water under my deck. Is there something I'm missing? Are they unsuitable for continued regular usage?

·
Banned
8,064 Posts
Why is that? I'm planning on getting a 500-1000 gallon water bladder/pillow tank to store reclaimed water under my deck. Is there something I'm missing? Are they unsuitable for continued regular usage?
Goose is talking about aquapods/waterbobs, not the water bladders in the OP :)

·
12,044 Posts
Goose is talking about aquapods/waterbobs, not the water bladders in the OP :)
Yeah, it was in response to the answer about waterbobs. They're not a large-scale nor long-term solution to water. They are what they are.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,758 Posts
Hheello,

Does anyone here have experience with larger bladder tanks?

I have found this: http://www.bayteccontainers.com/30galwaterbag.html
but this is only an example although for us a good one...

Sincerely,

ArrowToTree
If that's the same thing as the Aquatanks, I have had a really bad experience with two of them. I bought the 150 gallon units years back in one of my attempts at water storage.

One leaked at the seam straight from the factory. Both broke down and were worthless in a few years. They don't handle light or heat well, and the plastic begins to break down quickly. They're not a good long term option unless they have redesigned them to avoid these obvious flaws.

·
Son of the Republic...
283 Posts
These Blitz water jugs are a much more robust option, for long term water storage...(not to mention they are man/portable with a fully loaded weight of 52 lbs). I get mine from Northern Tool for about $14 bucks ea. That 30 gallon bladder is going to weigh 240 lbs when you fill it up.

Zulu Cowboy

·
12,044 Posts
They're not as heavy-duty as you'd like for really long-term storage. They're a temporary solution. They say you aren't supposed to re-use them as they're only sanitary the one time, but you could reuse them if you planned to either use the water for non-potable uses, or if you planned on treating/filtering it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts