Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, not sure if I would qualify this as a real threat, but something to keep in mind. I was watching the news about the girl in Florida, see the story at http://www.groundreport.com/US/Caylee-Anthony-Casey-Anthonys-Child-Missing and it really makes me sick to see how this is being treated by the family. I have no idea what the story is, but things do seem fishy. Anyway, innocent until proven guilty.

What concerns me is the ability to track where she was during those four days by her cell phone. Granted, this technology is good for finding people who did bad things and may lead to the discovery of the little girl, but this technology could be used to track anyone for any reason. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Government use this to track people who disagree with them, or would like to see them put back in line. Am I paranoid here or does this seem dangerous to others as well? :mad:

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Pathfinder...I agree! Yes, it is good when used to find missing people/children or to track a mafia killer on the loose...BUT there is too much temptation for our Gov't. to use it for other purposes.
Say: It is gun round-up time. You bug out. You need your cell to keep in touch with family or Bug Out Group.
The Gov't. uses it to track you because you have a class III or silencer liscence, or known to have a large ammo/gun stash, and you forgot to turn them in, and they sent the local LEO by your house and it was abandoned.
Might sound a bit far fetched...just a hypothetical.

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Okay, not sure if I would qualify this as a real threat, but something to keep in mind. I was watching the news about the girl in Florida, see the story at http://www.groundreport.com/US/Caylee-Anthony-Casey-Anthonys-Child-Missing and it really makes me sick to see how this is being treated by the family. I have no idea what the story is, but things do seem fishy. Anyway, innocent until proven guilty.
Agreed, the problem with this case is that it smells waaaaayyyyy fishy. For example, the small child was missing for over a month before the mother even called it in to 911. I maybe a nazi of a parent but there is no way in hell my child would me missing for more then about 1 hour and I'd be out looking for them. Within about 3 hours I'd be on the horn. Also when the police did show up and ask "whens the last time you saw your child .." There would be a detailed answer. The Caylee familys answer was to plead the 5th. They have answered no questions about their daughter who, again was missing for a month before calling it in. This case has a lot of way off things going on.

What concerns me is the ability to track where she was during those four days by her cell phone. Granted, this technology is good for finding people who did bad things and may lead to the discovery of the little girl, but this technology could be used to track anyone for any reason. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Government use this to track people who disagree with them, or would like to see them put back in line. Am I paranoid here or does this seem dangerous to others as well? :mad:

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
simple enough to defeat. Remove the battery and the sim card, or get a nother phone under a different name.........
question though..................in a bug out situation what makes you think the cell phones will be working.

If its bad enough to skip out of the comfortable life at home than it is going to be preatty grim for the basics and a cell phone isnt a basic................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts